Fact: YoutubeAdBlock does not function as promised
Questions about YoutubeAdBlock
If you ever came across a site suggesting help for users who wish to “forget ads on Youtube,” be careful. Chances are, this site recommends installing YoutubeAdBlock virus, which is actually a complete ad machine rather than a blocker. After installing it, you will soon want to block Youtube AdBlock itself. This infamous piece of software has been developed by SISTEMA LTD. When it gets into the system, it adds Video Ads Blocker extension, which can completely mess up your Google Chrome browser. At the moment, this extension is compatible with this particular Internet browser only. We have investigated this program’s Licence agreement, and we have found some shocking statements. Take a look at these lines:
THE EXTENSION MAY COLLECT OR STORE INFORMATION FOR SISTEMA LTD (“LICENSOR”, “WE” OR “US”) ABOUT THE WEB PAGES YOU VISIT AND YOUR ACTIVITY ON THOSE PAGES, SUCH AS IMPRESSIONS AND CLICKS. IN SOME CASES, INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THE EXTENSION MAY BE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE, AND INFORMATION (INCLUDING INFORMATION FROM OR ABOUT PAGES OF SOCIAL MEDIA WEBSITES YOU VISIT) MAY BE USED OR SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES FOR PURPOSES OF DISPLAYING TARGETED ADVERTISEMENTS TO YOU.
From time to time, we may use an outside advertising provider to display ads on our Site. […] By its very nature, our Site contains links to third-party Web sites. Please be aware that we cannot control and are not responsible for the information collection practices of third-party Web sites.
Shortly said, this program might block some ads for you, but it displays its own ads for you. Keep in mind that some of Youtube AdBlock’s affiliate websites might be insecure, and that is why we do not recommend to click on these ads. Besides, these ads can show up not only as banners or in-text links on the websites that you visit, but they might also randomly pop-up on your screen, so be careful not to click on them accidentally. Despite these interruptions, Youtube AdBlock adware also slows down your computer speed. In conclusion, there are no negotiable advantages of this program, and that is why we suggest removing it. You can do that with an anti-spyware program like Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego or any other reliable one.
You can download this extension from its official page, which might be sent to you by another adware program, but if you are sure that it’s not how it slithered in your computer system, then most likely it has been added to another software that you have recently installed. The majority of PUPs can be attached to other free programs and distributed as an ‘optional downloads’ with them. Most PC users install such additions without realizing that because they tend to install software carelessly. To avoid installing programs that you were not willing to install, you need to use either Advanced or Custom installation settings. The setup then should expand the settings window and show a list of ‘recommended programs.’ All you need to do is to opt-out suggestions to install unknown software. Then you can finish the installation process. This is the easiest way to avoid YoutubeAdBlock hijack and also prevent other potentially unwanted programs from hijacking your machine.
To learn how to remove this application manually, please continue reading below.
How to uninstall Youtube AdBlock adware?
YoutubeAdBlock virus can be extremely annoying as it works in an unfair way. Although it claims to remove advertisements, it actually shows them. We believe that ad-blocking program should not function this way. That is why we recommend removing it. You can use one of our recommended anti-spyware programs and delete this PC intruder automatically; alternatively, you can follow the removal guidances that we have provided below the article and remove this adware program manually.
You may remove virus damage with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove YoutubeAdBlock, follow these steps:
Delete YoutubeAdBlock from Windows systems
Uninstall all suspicious programs from the computer, especially programs related to Video Ads Blocker or SISTEMA LTD.
To remove YoutubeAdBlock from Windows 10/8 machines, please follow these steps:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find entries related to YoutubeAdBlock (or any other recently installed suspicious program).
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
If you are Windows 7/XP user, proceed with the following instructions:
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
Erase YoutubeAdBlock from Mac OS X system
Your task is to clean up your Mac from applications published by SISTEMA LTD, in this case, Video Ads Blocker.
If your macOS is displaying some infection symptoms, proceed with the following guide:
Remove YoutubeAdBlock from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for YoutubeAdBlock-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove YoutubeAdBlock, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to YoutubeAdBlock and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the YoutubeAdBlock-related entries.
Eliminate YoutubeAdBlock from Google Chrome
Open Google Chrome, and, using instructions provided below, find and delete Video Ads Blocker browser extension and revert all settings changed by it. You should also find and remove all components published by SISTEMA LTD.
Delete malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Menu (three vertical dots at the top-right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the newly opened window, you will see all the installed extensions. Uninstall all the suspicious plugins that might be related to YoutubeAdBlock by clicking Remove.
Clear cache and web data from Chrome:
- Click on Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
If the above-methods did not help you, reset Google Chrome to eliminate all the YoutubeAdBlock-components:
- Click on Menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings, scroll down and click Advanced.
- Scroll down and locate Reset and clean up section.
- Now click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Confirm with Reset settings to complete YoutubeAdBlock removal.
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. It is a hassle when your website is protected from suspicious connections and unauthorized IP addresses.
The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address. If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for server or network manager that need to monitor connections and activities. This is how you bypass some of the authentications factors and can remotely use your banking accounts without triggering suspicious with each login.
VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world. It is better to clock the access to your website from different IP addresses. So you can keep the project safe and secure when you have the dedicated IP address VPN and protected access to the content management system.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer from data losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Ransomware can encrypt and hold files hostage, while unforeseen power cuts might cause a loss of important documents. If you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work. It is also equally important to update backups on a regular basis so that the newest information remains intact – you can set this process to be performed automatically.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware strikes out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the data restoration process.