Hao123 is a potentially unwanted application, which is propagated using illegal/unfair distribution methods. Once it sneaks inside the system, this program makes several system's modifications that are closely related to Hao.123 website and Hao123 Toolbar. The clearest sign, saying that your computer is infected with this hijacker, is continuous redirects to en.hao.123, br.hao.123, tw.hao.123, ar.hao.123, sa.hao.123, ae.hao.123, id.hao.123, th.hao.123, jp.hao.123 or vn.hao.123 or similar websites. Besides, you may also receive annoying pop-up advertisements every time you start browsing on the web. In most of occasions, changing the browser doesn't help to avoid this redirect virus because Hao123 affects every web browser, which is installed on the system. If you want to fix your PC, you have to remove Hao123 from the system without any delay.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH HAO123?
Hao123 redirect virus is propagated using several distribution methods. Note that you should definitely install updated anti-spyware if you want to prevent infiltration of this hijacker. In addition, you should avoid freeware and shareware, or carefully check every installation window when downloading such program on your computer. As soon as it gets inside the system, Hao123 alters some of PC's settings. Typically, you may discover changes in your start page, default search engine and new tab page. Besides, you may also find Hao123 Toolbar on your computer and receive annoying pop-up advertisements when searching on the Internet. If you think your PC may be infected with this redirect virus, you should check your computer with updated anti-spyware. Besides, we also recommend following this detailed Hao123 removal guide:
HOW TO REMOVE HAO123?
If you think your PC is infected with Hao123, you should immediately run a full system scan with SpyHunter, STOPzilla or other reputable anti-spyware. As soon as you remove malicious entries, look for this program on Add/Remove Programs list. For that:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Hao123 Toolbar and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Finally, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Hao123 and other entries that are unknown for you.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Hao123 and other entries that are unknown and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use