What is Hao123?
Hao123 (can also be found as hao.123, hao123.com, en.hao.123, br.hao.123, tw.hao.123, jp.hao.123 or vn.hao.123, etc.) is a potentially unwanted application, which is also known as browser hijacker. In most of the cases, it is propagated using illegal/unfair distribution methods, so there is no surprise if it has already showed up on your computer without downloading it. Once it enters it, there are lots of system modifications that it may try to initiate. In most of the cases, it hijacks Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other web browsers by adding its own browser add-on. In addition, don't be surprised after discovering changes of your start page, default search engine and a new tab page. Of course, these positions are given toHao123 Toolbar, hao.123 and similar websites. If you have just discovered that, there is one thing that you have to remember - this search engine can easily show you altered search results and may try to redirect you to unknown websites. In most of the cases, it promotes legitimate websites that seek only to increase their page rank or sales, but there is no guarantee that you won't be tricked into visiting unsafe domain that is used for spreading questionable software. Besides, you may also start noticing annoying pop-up advertisements every time when you start your browsing on the web. In most of occasions, changing the browser doesn't help to avoid Hao123 redirects because this virus drops hidden files on the system that can be uninstalled only with a help of reputable anti-spyware. If you want to fix your PC, you should waste no time and scan it with SpyHunter . This program will help you to remove Hao123 virus from the system without any delay..
HOW CAN HAO123 HIJACK MY COMPUTER?
Hao123 search is mostly propagated using several distribution methods. Note that you should definitely install updated anti-spyware if you want to prevent infiltration of this hijacker. In addition, you should avoid freeware and shareware, or carefully check every installation window when downloading such program on your computer. For getting such ability, we highly recommend you to select Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware and then uncheck all questionable check marks. If this potentially unwanted program manages to get inside its target PC system, it may alter your PC's settings. Typically, you may discover changes in your start page, default search engine and new tab page. Besides, you may also find Hao123 Toolbar on your computer and receive annoying pop-up advertisements when searching on the Internet. If you think your PC may be infected with this redirect virus, you should not wait for its redirects to questionable websites. In this case, you should check your computer with updated anti-spyware or follow this detailed removal guide:
HOW TO REMOVE HAO123 VIRUS?
If you think your PC is infected with Hao123 hijacker, you should immediately run a full system scan with one of those programs that are mentioned in Automatic Hao123 removal guide. After that you may also need to follow a manual removal guide:
You can remove Hao123 automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Hao123 Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Hao123 and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Hao123 or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Hao123 or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall Hao123 from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Hao123 and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Hao123 removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Hao123 and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Hao123 removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Hao123 and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Hao123 removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Hao123 or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Hao123, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Hao123 removal process.
Step 4: Complete Hao123 removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Hao123 registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Hao123
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.