Hao123 is a browser hijacker, which can also be found under such names: hao.123, hao123.com, en.hao.123, br.hao.123, tw.hao.123, jp.hao.123, vn.hao.123, etc. No matter that this search engine looks harmless, it can infiltrate your computer without your approval. Also, it can alter its settings and disable your favourite search sites for making you use it for your searches. We do NOT recommend using Hao123.com because it may cause these problems:
- Causing redirects to unsafe websites. As soon as this search site becomes the start page and the default search engine on your computer, it gets an ability to show its search results. Mostly, these search results are filled with commercial notifications and links leading people to sponsored websites. The biggest problem here is you cannot be sure that one Hao123.com redirect won't trick you into visiting a dangerous website used to promote malware. Why should you put yourself at such risk?
- Tracking PC users without their approval. In most of the cases, hao123.com spreads in one pack with various components. Some of them are browser helper objects, browser add-ons, extensions and plugins that can be used for tracking PC users and collecting different information. As soon as these components are added to the system, they start collecting such data as people's search terms, mostly visited websites, data that is added by them on their favourite sites and so on. This information is considered non-personally identifiable, but we highly recommend keeping it private.
- Initiating browser crashes and other issues. Hao123.com is propagated using illegal/unfair distribution methods. Besides, it can easily add its components to your PC system without your permission asked. Hao123 Toolbar is one of these components. No matter that such activity may seem harmless, you should keep in mind that it may cause slow downs on each of your web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Also, you may notice browser crashes and similar problems that can be eliminated only by removing this hijacker from the system.
If you can see this browser hijacker on your web browser, you should waste no time and remove Hao123.com virus. The easiest way to do that is to run a full system scan with the reliable anti-spyware, such as Reimage. This program will help you to remove ALL programs that are considered malicious and suspicious. Also, it will help you to avoid them in the future.
How does this search engine hijack computers?
This search engine is mostly propagated using several distribution methods. Note that you should install updated anti-spyware if you want to prevent Hao123 hijack. Also, you should avoid freeware and shareware, or carefully check every installation window when downloading such program on your computer. For getting such ability, we highly recommend you to select Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware and then uncheck all questionable check marks. If this potentially unwanted program manages to get inside its target PC system, it may alter your PC's settings. Typically, you may discover changes in your start page, default search engine and new tab page. Besides, you may also find Hao123 Toolbar on your computer and receive annoying pop-up advertisements when searching on the Internet. If you think your PC may be infected with this redirect virus, you should not wait for its redirects to questionable websites. In this case, you should check your computer with updated anti-spyware or follow the detailed Hao123 removal guide given on the next page of this post.
Removal of Hao123 virus:
If your computer is affected by Hao123.com redirect virus, you should try to fix it without wasting your time. Otherwise, you may find yourself on a suspicious website seeking to infect your computer with malware. How can you eliminate this hijacker? First of all, you should find its entries in your Task Manager. Beware that it may use different names for preventing its elimination from the system! Besides, you should try to fix each of your web browsers by removing malicious browser add-ons, extensions and plugins and complete the removal of Hao123 virus. If this task seems too complicated for you or if you have been dealing with a continuous reappearance of this hijacker, you should think about automatic removal option. All tools that you can use for that you can find down below:
You can remove Hao123 automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Hao123 from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Hao123 from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Hao123 from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Hao123 from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Hao123 from Safari
Remove Hao123 from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Hao123 from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Hao123 or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Hao123 from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Hao123 or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Hao123 from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Hao123 and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Hao123 removal.
Remove Hao123 from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Hao123 and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Hao123 removal.
Remove Hao123 from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Hao123 and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Hao123 removal.
Remove Hao123 from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Hao123 or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Hao123, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Hao123 removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Hao123
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Hao123
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.