Search.snapdo.com is a search engine, which should be avoided just like the negatively famous snap.do. The main reason, why it is NOT recommended using this site when browsing on the Internet, is that it hijacks web browsers, causes annoying redirections that lead people to unwanted websites and displays misleading pop-up ads. It is done for one simple reason – scammers seek to increase the traffic to specific websites and earn some easy money. However, these redirections may also reroute you to malicious website that may install dangerous virus on your computer. Besides, you may surprisingly find Search.snapdo.com hijacked your start page, new tab page and default search engine. Please, do NOT ignore that because it's a clear sign that your machine is infected with browser hijacker, which is responsible for promoting Search.snapdo.com.
WHY DO I SEE Search.snapdo.com ON MY BROWSERS?
As we have mentioned, Search.snapdo.com redirects start as soon as this virus attacks its target computer. Typically, it gets inside its system in a bundle with other programs, so you should always have updated anti-spyware in order to avoid this threat. Once it attacks its target computer, this browser hijacker modifies some of PC's parameters and affects Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers. As a result, victim finds himself/herself disabled from entering Google, Yahoo and other typical search engine. In addition, he/she starts suffering from unwanted pop-up ads and similar things that interrupt browsing. Please, do NOT leave Search.snapdo.com on your browsers if it has showed up there without any permission asked. If you think that Search.snapdo.com virus may be inside your computer, you should remove it from there without any delay.
HOW TO REMOVE Search.snapdo.com?
If you have surprisingly found Search.snapdo.com on your computer, we recommend start its removal by checking the system with updated anti-spyware. For that, use STOPzilla or SpyHunter and remove infected files.
After that, check Add/Remove Programs list and uninstall SnapDo, Search.SnapDo or SnapDo toolbar. For that follow these instructions:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as SnapDo, Search.SnapDo, SnapDo toolbar, Quick Share, Shoppin Helper, etc.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
Finally, fix your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for SnapDo, Search.snapdo.com, Quick Share, Shoppin Helper or similar entry and click 'uninstall'.
- Now open Internet Explorer, click on the 'Settings' icon and choose 'Manage Addons'.
- Go to 'Search Providers' and change your default search engine to Bing or Google;
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the orange Mozilla button and select add-ons.
- Here, choose 'Extensions’ tab, select SnapDo, Search.snapdo.com, Quick Share, Shoppin Helper or other unknown extensions.
- Click the 'Remove button and restart the browser.
- Now open Mozilla Firefox once more, go to Tools -> Options -> General -> Startup and select 'Show a blank page' when Firefox Starts or set a certain website, like Google or similar.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Settings' -> 'Basics' -> 'Manage Search engines'.
- Here, look for SnapDo, Search.snapdo.com, Quick Share, Shoppin Helper and other unknown entries and remove them.
- Now go 'Settings' -> 'Open blank page'.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use