What is Search.snapdo.com?
Search.snapdo.com is a search engine, which should be avoided just like another infamous browser hijacker called snap.do. The main reason, why it is NOT recommended using this site when browsing on the Internet and searching for needed information, is that it may show altered search results that may be filled with suspicious links leading people to suspicious websites, Beware that this search engine may infiltrate your computer without an appropriate permission asked and then may hijack each of your web browsers. As soon as it takes over Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and other web browsers, it may alter the start page and/or the default search engine. After that you may need to start dealing with annoying redirections, slow downs, unwanted pop-up ads and other annoying things. Please, beware that these pop-up ads and redirects should never be ignored because scammers may use them for promoting their own websites and programs. However, theseSearch.snapdo.com redirections may also reroute you to malicious website that may install dangerous virus on your computer. Besides, you may surprisingly find out that this search engine is tracking you. In fact, it's normal for such programs that are interested in people's search terms, mostly visted websites, data that they enter when visiting them, etc. If you have just discovered that Search.snapdo.com hijacked your start page, new tab page and default search engine, you should never ignore that because it's a clear sign that your machine is infected with browser hijacker. In this case you should remove this potentially unwanted program from the system ASAP. For that we recommend two programs: SpyHunter (Windows OS) or Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (Mac OS X).
How can Search.snapdo.com hijack my computer?
As we have mentioned, Search.snapdo.com redirects may start bothering you out of nowhere. That's because this program is mostly promoted in a bundle with freeware and shareware. That's why you should always have updated anti-spyware in order to avoid this threat. Of course, make sure you monitor installation of the freeware by selecting Custom or Advanced installation method. Once it attacks its target computer, this browser hijacker modifies some of PC's parameters and affects Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers. As a result, victim finds himself/herself disabled from entering Google, Yahoo and other typical search engine. In addition, he/she starts suffering from unwanted pop-up ads and similar things that interrupt browsing. Please, do NOT leave Search.snapdo.com on your browsers if it has showed up there without any permission asked. If you think that Search.snapdo.com virus may be inside your computer, you should remove it from there without any delay.
HOW TO REMOVE Search.snapdo.com virus?
If you have just found Search.snapdo.com on your computer, we recommend you to start its removal by checking the system with updated anti-spyware. That's because it may be affected by other potentially unwanted programs as well. For that, use programs that are mentioned in its automatic removal guide and remove infected files. Of course, you can also follow manual removal instructions and get rid of this hijacker manually.
You can remove Search.snapdo.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Search.snapdo.com Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Search.snapdo.com and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove Search.snapdo.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Search.snapdo.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Search.snapdo.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Search.snapdo.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Search.snapdo.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Remove Search.snapdo.com from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall Search.snapdo.com from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
Remove Search.snapdo.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Search.snapdo.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Search.snapdo.com removal.
Remove Search.snapdo.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.snapdo.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Search.snapdo.com removal.
Remove Search.snapdo.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.snapdo.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search.snapdo.com removal.
Remove Search.snapdo.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Search.snapdo.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Search.snapdo.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Search.snapdo.com removal process.
Step 4: Complete Search.snapdo.com removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Search.snapdo.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Search.snapdo.com
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.