Snap.do (or search.snap.do virus) is a malicious search engine, which has many similarities to browser hijackers. Those who are new with viruses should know that hijacker tends to infect computers without any permission asked, changes internet browser settings and then causes continuous redirects to unknown websites. If you noticed such redirects, you should check your PC with reliable anti-spyware. We highly recommend following this tip because it's a main way to remove Snap.do virus from the system. There are many users who trust this search engine. However, they should take into account that it may try to return forged search results and make them visit insecure websites. Besides, it may also cause system slow downs, hijack homepage and do other stuff, which is mostly called 'unwanted'.
How Snap.do virus infects computers?
In most of the cases, snap.do infiltrates computers in a bundle with other malicious programs. You may also install this program when downloading unofficial programs or clicking on misleading ads. In order to avoid that, you should avoid such downloads or at least carefully monitor freeware's installation process. If this malware gets inside the system, it can hijack all popular web browsers, including Chrome, Firefox and IE. After that, you may notice snap.do redirects to other websites, annoying pop-ups and system slow downs. That's why we don't recommend keeping this program on your computer.
How can I remove Snap.do redirect virus?
If you want to remove snap.do redirect virus, you should immediately scan your computer with reputable anti-spyware program. We recommend using SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware. Remember that only updated versions can help you find malicious files and remove them from the system!
Once you finish a scan and remove malicious entries, follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Snap.do from Resoft ltd. and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
After that, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find Snap.do and other unknown extensions, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use
Modern viruses are really hard to remove. They have random file names, random registry entries, they can immitale legal products and files.
Removal instructions sometimes can't Help to remove infection manually. Please take a look at our discussion where users like you share they experience in fighting the parasite: