Snap.do (or search.snap.do virus, Resoft Smartbar, etc.) is a malicious search engine, which has many similarities to browser hijackers. Those who are new with viruses should know that this hijacker tends to infect computers without any permission asked. After that, it immediately alters system settings and then causes continuous redirects to unknown websites or other issues. If you noticed snap.do redirects during your search sessions, you should check your PC with reliable anti-spyware because it's one of the most obvious signs showing that your PC was hijacked. If this potentially unwanted program manages to do that, it may easily alter each of your web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc. In addition, it may also start initiating annoying redirects, slowdowns, pop-up ads and similar inconveniences that are typically initiated by hijackers. We highly recommend avoiding snap.do virus because you may be tricked into visiting unsafe websites. Finally, we feel that we must warn those PC users who have been trusting this search engine and using it or Resoft Smartbar for their searches. Please, take into account that this search site may easily try to show you altered search results and may try to redirect you to insecure websites. Besides, it may also cause system slowdowns, hijack your homepage or default search engine and do other things that are mostly called as 'unwanted'.
How Snap.do virus infects computers?
In most of the cases, snap.do hijacks computers with a help of other malicious programs. However, there are lots of people who have been tricked into downloading it thru legitimate programs as well. Beware that you may easily install this program on your computer in a bundle with free programs. In order to avoid that, you should avoid illegal programs because they may be filled with malicious components. Of course, we must also recommend you to be very careful when downloading freeware and shareware. If you think that you really need one or other program, you should select Custom or Advanced installation process because it will help you to see what 'optional' components are hiding inside. If snap.do hijacker manages to get inside the system, it can easily hijack all popular web browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and IE. After that, you may notice snap.do redirects to other websites, annoying pop-up ads and system slow downs. By the way, just like any other browser hijacker, this application may start tracking your browsing habits. Here's what the developers of this program claim about it:
Statistical Information we collect (……) including, inter alia, advertisements viewed, pages browsed, search inquiries, offers and services that interest you, the type of browser you are using, your IP address, the URL you have come from and the time spent at that URL, cookies and your domain type and server.
How can I remove Snap.do redirect virus?
If you want to remove snap.do redirect virus without wasting your time, you should immediately run one of those programs that are mentioned in the Automatic virus removal guide. Remember that only updated versions can help you find malicious files and remove them from the system! In order to remove snap.do for good, you can also perform steps that are given in manual removal guide:
You can remove Snap.do automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Snap.do manual removal
Step 2. Remove Snap.do from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Snap.do from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Snap.do from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Snap.do from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Snap.do from Safari
Remove Snap.do from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Snap.do from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Snap.do or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Snap.do from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Snap.do or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Snap.do from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Snap.do and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Snap.do removal.
Remove Snap.do from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Snap.do and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Snap.do removal.
Remove Snap.do from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Snap.do and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Snap.do removal.
Remove Snap.do from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Snap.do or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Snap.do, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Snap.do removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Snap.do
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Snap.do
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.