What is YTDownloader?
YTDownloader (also known as You Tube Downloader) is a legitimate browser plug-in, which has been included to the category of potentially unwanted programs and adwares. Usually, it is presented as a program, which can be used for downloading videos from YouTube and watching them on phones, tablets or other devices. However, no matter that this program seems like a great application that can help you to find your favorite music files, it seems that it may also cause unwanted system changes that may lead you to several problems. The most obvious issue that it may cause on your web browsers (this application may affect each of web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other web browsers) is its commercial pop-up ads, in-text links, banner ads and similar commercial content, which may appear during your browsing. These ads are typically filled with notifications about discounts, coupons, price comparisons and similar deals. Please, be very careful with them and don't click them because they may trick you into visiting unknown websites. No one can guarantee that these ads won't try to redirect you to unsafe or even malicious websites. Besides, just like any other browser add-on, this program may start tracking you and may collect information related to your browsing habits. This information is considered as personally non-identifiable, but we think that you should keep it for yourself. This and YTDownloader's ability to appear on computers without asking an appropriate permission has already made security experts to include this program to potentially unwanted programs category. If you want to avoid its ads, you should remove it from the system. This can be done with a help of SpyHunter (Windows OS) or Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (Mac OS X).
HOW CAN YTDownloader hijack MY PC?
As we have mentioned. YTDownloader can be downloaded from the Internet just like any other program or it may infiltrate computer as an optional component of other software. In fact, adwares and similar applications are actively promoted as optional components of such programs as download managers, PDF creators, video streaming software and similar freeware. These programs are always filled with various 'components' that may additionally initiate serious havoc on the system. That's why we highly recommend you to start monitoring installation of the freeware. For that you should start selecting Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware. After doing so, you should uncheck all suspicious check marks that allow installation of such components as toolbars, browser add-ons and so on. No matter how it gets on the PC, it may easily modify your PC's system and then may start displaying various pop-up advertisements during your browsing sessions. Besides, it seems that this program may start monitoring your browsing habits and may also show unwanted banners, offers, and other ads during your browsing. If you are annoyed by them to death and you want to get rid of YTDownloader redirects to unknown places, please follow these instructions:
HOW TO REMOVE YTDownloader virus?
When trying to remove YTDownloader virus from the system, you should follow these steps:
You can remove YTDownloader automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual YTDownloader Removal GuideQuick menu:
Step 1: Uninstall YTDownloader and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove YTDownloader from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove YTDownloader from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for YTDownloader or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove YTDownloader from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for YTDownloader or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall YTDownloader from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
Remove YTDownloader from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for YTDownloader and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete YTDownloader removal.
Remove YTDownloader from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select YTDownloader and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete YTDownloader removal.
Remove YTDownloader from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select YTDownloader and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete YTDownloader removal.
Remove YTDownloader from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for YTDownloader or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete YTDownloader removal process.
Step 3: Complete YTDownloader removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of YTDownloader registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.