What is HowToSimplified Toolbar?
HowToSimplified Toolbar is a potentially unwanted application (PUP) that may cause unwanted changes on your web browser and then may implement suspicious activities in order to earn money for its developer. At the moment of writing, it is compatible only with Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Therefore, if you are using Google Chrome, you may feel safer but note that it is only a matter of time when this browser add-on will be updated to work on Google Chrome as well.
Similarly to other PUP’s, HowToSimplified Toolbar is spread along with free programs (download managers, video or music players, PDF creators, etc.). Therefore, it has already been labeled as a potentially unwanted program because it may easily change the homepage and default search engine to search.tb.ask.com and also drop a toolbar without your permission asked. This might disrupt your browsing activities because this search engine might deliver altered search results with third-party sponsored content. Moreover, you may see various commercial advertisements among your search results as well.
Do not fall into this trick and do not rely on this search engine as it is employed by third parties and used in order to redirect people to sponsored websites. Beware that by clicking on links and advertisements that this browser plug-in delivers you may be led to the infiltration of another adware or even malware. To avoid this, you have to remove HowToSimplified Toolbar from your web browsers and the entire system, and also restore your browser to their previous state.
How can HowToSimplified Toolbar affect my computer?
This program is classified as a potentially unwanted program due to the fact that it is mostly spread around via various freewares and sharewares. Also, it is capable of initiating HowToSimplified Toolbar redirects to suspicious websites and other unwanted activities. In order to avoid its infiltration, you should remember that also every questionable program that is promoted on suspicious-looking website carries additional attachments, such as toolbars, add-ons, plug-ins or extensions that belong to the potentially unwanted programs list. Therefore, if you don’t want to download them, you should pay more attention to the installation process of a freewares.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of HowToSimplified Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove HowToSimplified Toolbar?
If your computer was affected by HowToSimplified Toolbar, you should remove it from your web browsers and system entirely. We recommend doing so with a help of a reliable anti-spyware as it will easily detect and remove this program automatically. In case you don’t want to use additional software, follow the guidelines below and remove it manually.
- Uninstall programs that are related to HowToSimplified Toolbar from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for HowToSimplified Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (HowToSimplified Toolbar, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.