Is Hp.myway.com a legitimate search engine?
Hp.myway.com is an entirely legitimate site that provides a web search engine. It has been developed by a legal company that specializes in the development of search applications. This URL represents a search engine that can become your homepage right after you install a program like TypingFanatic, ReadingFanatic, or another product of this company. Therefore, you should not refer to this program as Hp.myway.com virus. However, due to user’s complaints all over the web, we have decided to take a closer look at this program and find out why computer users claim that this search engine did hijack their browsers without their knowledge.
As we have tested the indicated search engine, we have noticed that it provides a significant number of sponsored search outcomes, which are marked as ads. You have to scroll down to the bottom to the page to see the actual search results on every individual results page. Such amount of promotional content can be annoying, especially if you are looking for certain information in a hurry. If you do not want to keep this search engine as default on your browser, you have to remove the application that has set it as your homepage. Hp.Myway.com removal can be completed with a help of guidelines that are provided below.
How did you install Hp.myway.com?
As we have mentioned, this application is legitimate, and the same applies to its distribution methods. You can set this site as your homepage by installing a certain product, but you might accidentally add hp.myway.com related app to your computer system without even knowing about it. This can happen if you tend to rush during the installation of other programs. You might encounter a suggestion to try out one of the products related to this search engine while installing an another program, so it is important not to rush and see them before finishing the installation. Typically, such suggestions are included within Default/Standard installation settings, and if you want to refuse to install additional apps, you have to opt them out via Custom/Advanced settings.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of Hp.myway.com can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove Hp.myway.com?
Hp.myway.com removal is not a complicated task to do, and you just need to carry out these simple instructions in order to delete it from your system:
- Uninstall programs that are related to Wallpaper by MyWay from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for Hp.MyWay.com and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.