News-dovode.cc ads Removal Guide
What is News-dovode.cc ads?
News-dovode.cc is a scam website that asks users to enable push notifications in a deceptive manner
News-dovode.cc is a scam website that has no contents
News-dovode.cc ads are a phenomenon that most users do not expect, as it seems not to be triggered by any actions that they carry out. The pop-ups usually show up at the top or bottom right corner of the screen (depending on whether Windows or macOS is used), include some type of advertisement or link, and are marked with the website's URL.
The reason for this strange behavior is the push notifications that were enabled by the users. For that to happen, they need to access the website initially and then click the “Allow” button within the notification prompt. The catch is that people are tricked into doing so, as they are shown phishing messages that encourage them to accept the offer.
Once users grant permission to show notifications, News-dovode.cc is free to send them any type of information via the push notification prompt, which runs on the system level, hence the ads can start showing up regardless of which websites are being visited. In order to stop these annoying pop-ups, you have to access your browser settings – we explain everything in detail below.
|Type||Push notifications, ads, pop-ups, scam|
|Distribution||The website gains access to deliver any information as soon as the “Allow” button is pressed within the push notification prompt|
|Symptoms||Pop-up notifications are shown on a desktop at random times|
|Risks||If you click on links provided by the website, you might end up infecting your system with malware/PUPs, disclosing your personal information to cybercriminals, or losing money for useless services|
|Elimination||Access browser settings to stop intrusive push notifications. After that, make sure that your system is not infected with adware or malware – scan it with SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner|
|Recovery||You should delete web browser caches and other data from your browsers to protect your privacy and prevent information leaks. You can do that quicker with ReimageIntego|
How do you enter News-dovode.cc?
It is evident that most users do not visit phishing or scam websites on purpose. The most common reason for them to enter there are redirects from other websites, which can occur after a misleading link is clicked or an automatic script is triggered. In order to prevent these, you could employ an effective ad-blocker, although you should watch out for fake applications that insert their ads instead!
The most effective method to prevent malicious material exposure is to avoid visiting high-risk websites, particularly those that distribute pirated software or allow viewing of copyrighted material. These sites are often poorly monitored from a security standpoint and easily accessible to cybercriminals. Ad space is also commonly rented to suspicious parties, hence redirecting to websites like News-dovode.cc, Banibajury.website, Funksolutions.org, or similar websites, may occur.
Adware could also be one of the primary reasons for redirects and intrusive ads. If you download software from third parties often, you may have installed adware along with freeware accidentally. In order to check that, you should check the list of the installed programs on the system level and also the extensions on your browser.
Nonetheless, you should scan your system with SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner, Malwarebytes, or another powerful anti-malware to ensure that all the malicious files and other components are eliminated at once. Likewise, you should clean your browser caches and leftover files with the help of ReimageIntego. The app can also fix all the system damage that could have occurred due to the infection, which would otherwise be a primary cause for BSODs, errors, program crashes, and similar.
News-dovode.cc ads might include links to malicious websites
Fake message examples
The success of social engineering attacks relies on users being caught off guard – when they expect it the least. This is why unexpected redirects from other websites or adware infections can serve as a great tool here. As soon as users land on the page, they are instantaneously presented with a misleading message and a picture that matches its theme. Here are a few different messages you might return upon entry:
- If you are 18+, click Allow.
- Click Allow to confirm that you are not a robot.
- Your file is ready to download. Press Allow to continue.
- Just one more step! “Allow” to continue, etc.
- Can't play this video! Perhaps your browser doesn't allow video playback. Click the Allow button to watch the video
Crooks are trying to portray the push notification prompt as something completely different – it should allegedly allow a video playback or simply confirm that you are not a robot. However, the push notification prompt has only one purpose – to allow that particular website to send you information without restrictions.
News-dovode.cc ads removal
Once you have checked the system for infections and you are sure it is clean, it is time to get rid of the annoying pop-ups for good. To do so, you have to access your browser settings and perform the following actions:
- Open Google Chrome browser and go to Menu > Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Locate the Privacy and security section and pick Site Settings > Notifications.
- Look at the Allow section and look for a suspicious URL.
- Click the three vertical dots next to it and pick Block. This should remove unwanted notifications from Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to Menu > Options.
- Click on Privacy & Security section.
- Under Permissions, you should be able to see Notifications. Click the Settings button next to it.
- In the Settings – Notification Permissions window, click on the drop-down menu by the URL in question.
- Select Block and then click on Save Changes. This should remove unwanted notifications from Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on Safari > Preferences…
- Go to the Websites tab and, under General, select Notifications.
- Select the web address in question, click the drop-down menu and select Deny.
- Open Microsoft Edge, and click the Settings and more button (three horizontal dots) at the top-right of the window.
- Select Settings and then go to Advanced.
- Under Website permissions, pick Manage permissions and select the URL in question.
- Toggle the switch to the left to turn notifications off on Microsoft Edge.
MS Edge (Chromium)
- Open Microsoft Edge, and go to Settings.
- Select Site permissions.
- Go to Notifications on the right.
- Under Allow, you will find the unwanted entry.
- Click on More actions and select Block.
- Open Internet Explorer, and click on the Gear icon at the top-right of the window.
- Select Internet options and go to the Privacy tab.
- In the Pop-up Blocker section, click on Settings.
- Locate web address in question under Allowed sites and pick Remove.
How to prevent from getting adware
Protect your privacy – employ a VPN
There are several ways how to make your online time more private – you can access an incognito tab. However, there is no secret that even in this mode, you are tracked for advertising purposes. There is a way to add an extra layer of protection and create a completely anonymous web browsing practice with the help of Private Internet Access VPN. This software reroutes traffic through different servers, thus leaving your IP address and geolocation in disguise. Besides, it is based on a strict no-log policy, meaning that no data will be recorded, leaked, and available for both first and third parties. The combination of a secure web browser and Private Internet Access VPN will let you browse the Internet without a feeling of being spied or targeted by criminals.
No backups? No problem. Use a data recovery tool
If you wonder how data loss can occur, you should not look any further for answers – human errors, malware attacks, hardware failures, power cuts, natural disasters, or even simple negligence. In some cases, lost files are extremely important, and many straight out panic when such an unfortunate course of events happen. Due to this, you should always ensure that you prepare proper data backups on a regular basis.
If you were caught by surprise and did not have any backups to restore your files from, not everything is lost. Data Recovery Pro is one of the leading file recovery solutions you can find on the market – it is likely to restore even lost emails or data located on an external device.