Robotzone.ru ads Removal Guide
What is Robotzone.ru ads?
Robotzone.ru can spam users with annoying pop-up ads and generate revenue for it
Robotzone.ru is a bogus site targeting less IT-savvy users
Robotzone.ru is a bogus website that was created to monetize user activity. It starts spamming users with pop-up ads which they turn on unknowingly. The developers get paid for every click using PPC advertising. They also use social engineering techniques to get people to click on the “Allow” button which gives permission for the site to show push notifications.
Sometimes ads do not start showing right away so people do not connect the “Allow” button with the ads that start to appear later. The page asks to press the button to confirm that they are not robots which reminds people of a captcha verification process. There is nothing else to explore on the page except for the deceptive message and a cartoon of a robot.
|TYPE||Push notification spam; adware|
|SYMPTOMS||Intrusive pop-up ads start appearing in the corner of the screen|
|DISTRIBUTION||Shady websites, misleading advertisements, bundled software|
|DANGERS||The website could be using unsafe advertising networks that place ads leading to dangerous websites where people can get tricked into providing their personal information or installing PUPs and malware|
|ELIMINATION||Go to your browser settings and disable push notifications|
|FURTHER STEPS||Use a repair tool ReimageIntego to fix any remaining damage and clear your browsers|
The biggest issue with push notification spam is that the site owners may use untrusted advertising networks that send ads containing links to dangerous pages. Usually, the ads will consist of controversial topics and pictures, or free software offers that make people want to click.
As a result, users can end up on websites that can lure out their personal information, trick them into downloading PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) or malware. Sensitive information disclosure to untrustworthy sources can lead to monetary losses or even identity theft so users should be more careful while surfing the web.
Robotzone.ru spams users with ads and generates revenue from it
It is unusual for people to find pages like Robotzone.ru, News-naroro.cc, and Bestdailyrewards.com in the search results. Most users get redirected from other shady websites that they were already on. For example, pages that engage in illegal activities, like illegal streaming platforms are full of deceptive ads and sneaky redirects because they are unregulated.
If you use them you may encounter ads that look just like the “Download” and “Play” buttons. When users click on such ads, a new tab can open with a page just like the one we are writing about. Less IT-savvy users may not notice that it is a different website and think that they need to verify their identity so they can proceed to watch a movie or TV show they selected.
In reality, nothing happens once users press the “Allow” button or they get redirected to another similar site. This way users can infect themselves with spam from multiple websites, which is not good. If this happened on your home computer that other people or children use, you should act quickly because ads that promote adult or gambling websites can appear as well.
The removal process
1. Disable push notifications
If you have had enough of annoying pop-ups and do not want to see scammy ads on your screen, you can remove Robotzone.ru permissions manually by going to your browser settings. Keep in mind that this might not work if you have an adware infection. If removal from the browser will not work, you will have to access your programs section in the device and find it manually or scan your machine with professional security tools.
Google Chrome (desktop):
- Open Google Chrome browser and go to Menu > Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Locate the Privacy and security section and pick Site Settings > Notifications.
- Look at the Allow section and look for a suspicious URL.
- Click the three vertical dots next to it and pick Block. This should remove unwanted notifications from Google Chrome.
Google Chrome (Android):
- Open Google Chrome and tap on Settings (three vertical dots).
- Select Notifications.
- Scroll down to Sites section.
- Locate the unwanted URL and toggle the button to the left (Off setting).
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to Menu > Options.
- Click on Privacy & Security section.
- Under Permissions, you should be able to see Notifications. Click Settings button next to it.
- In the Settings – Notification Permissions window, click on the drop-down menu by the URL in question.
- Select Block and then click on Save Changes. This should remove unwanted notifications from Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on Safari > Preferences…
- Go to Websites tab and, under General, select Notifications.
- Select the web address in question, click the drop-down menu and select Deny.
- Open Microsoft Edge, and click the Settings and more button (three horizontal dots) at the top-right of the window.
- Select Settings and then go to Advanced.
- Under Website permissions, pick Manage permissions and select the URL in question.
- Toggle the switch to the left to turn notifications off on Microsoft Edge.
MS Edge (Chromium):
- Open Microsoft Edge, and go to Settings.
- Select Site permissions.
- Go to Notifications on the right.
- Under Allow, you will find the unwanted entry.
- Click on More actions and select Block.
- Open Internet Explorer, and click on the Gear icon at the top-right on the window.
- Select Internet options and go to Privacy tab.
- In the Pop-up Blocker section, click on Settings.
- Locate web address in question under Allowed sites and pick Remove.
2. Clear your browsers
After successful removal, you need to take care of your browsers separately. With the help of cookies, shady websites you visited could have collected data about your browsing activities. That includes your IP address, websites you visit, links you click on, and purchases you make online.
Generally, cookies are not bad. Websites and web-based apps use them to personalize the user experience. However, if they ended up in the wrong hands, they can be sold to advertising networks or other third parties and used to target you with ads even more.
The easiest way to get rid of cookies and cache is by using a maintenance tool like ReimageIntego. It can do everything with a click of a button automatically so you do not have to worry about it. Besides this powerful software can fix various system errors, corrupted files, and registry issues which is especially helpful after a virus infection.
3. Remove suspicious apps
If none of the above methods worked and you still experience symptoms like an increased amount of commercial content, banners, surveys, redirects you might have adware hiding in your system. These programs often infiltrate the systems as bundled software from freeware distribution sites.
Manual removal of PUAs can get tricky if you do not have experience. If you have no idea what app is responsible for such activities, you should deploy SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes professional security software that will perform a full system scan and eliminate it automatically. They can also prevent such infections in the future by warning you. If you still prefer doing it yourself, here are step-by-step instructions for Windows and macOS:
Instructions for Windows 10/8 machines:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find the entry of the suspicious program.
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
If you are Windows 7/XP user, proceed with the following instructions:
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
For macOS users:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for all related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove an unwanted app, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the related .plist files.
How to prevent from getting adware
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address.
If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for the server or network manager that needs to monitor connections and activities. VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world.
Recover files after data-affecting malware attacks
While much of the data can be accidentally deleted due to various reasons, malware is one of the main culprits that can cause loss of pictures, documents, videos, and other important files. More serious malware infections lead to significant data loss when your documents, system files, and images get encrypted. In particular, ransomware is is a type of malware that focuses on such functions, so your files become useless without an ability to access them.
Even though there is little to no possibility to recover after file-locking threats, some applications have features for data recovery in the system. In some cases, Data Recovery Pro can also help to recover at least some portion of your data after data-locking virus infection or general cyber infection.