Tpnwslnd.com ads Removal Guide
What is Tpnwslnd.com ads?
Tpnwslnd.com is a fake website operated by scammers to profit from illegitimate advertising practices
Tpnwslnd.com is a dangerous website that can bring malicious ads to your desktop
You may have been wondering why Tpnwslnd.com ads have suddenly started appearing on your desktop – just like many other users. The reason you are receiving these pop-ups is because you allowed the website to send push notifications to your device. If you can't remember giving permission, it's not surprising, as misleading phishing messages are often used to convince unsuspecting users into doing so.
Since users were tricked into allowing push notifications from Tpnwslnd.com, they are often unaware of where the suspicious activity comes from. Nonetheless, the result of it is that these pop-ups might start showing up at any time – when users are using completely unrelated websites or even when they are not actively using the browser at all.
The worst part is that Tpnwslnd.com ads may be dangerous – they often include links to malicious websites, show fake virus infection warnings, and similar phishing content. If you interact with these links, you may infect your system with malware, disclose your personal information to cybercriminals or subscribe to useless services that would cost you money.
|Push notifications, ads, scam, pop-ups
|The entry point is via the notification prompt – after users press the “Allow” button
|You may start seeing intrusive pop-ups on your desktop – clicking these may lead to insecure or even malicious websites
|Various security problems due to exposure to scams, monetary losses, system infections, etc.
|You can stop intrusive push notifications by blocking the website's URL in browser settings. It is also important to check the system for adware or other infections
|Make sure you clean your browsers after you delete PUPs from the system. To do that automatically, you can use FortectIntego
Although not as dangerous as tech support scams, for example, push notification scams are extremely prevalent and should not be dismissed, despite being relatively harmless initially. Push notification scams are created when crooks make fake websites, for example, Tpnwslnd.com. Users access these sites after being redirected from another site (most likely clicking a link on a high-risk website) or when they have adware running in the background of their computer.
Scammers often send out messages that can be easily misinterpreted, which may lead visitors to do what the crooks are asking. Here are a few examples of scam messages you might come across after accidentally entering a fake site:
- Click “Allow” to start downloading
- Click “Allow” to win a prize and get it in our shop!
- Press “Allow” to verify, that you are not a robot
- Please tap Allow to continue, etc.
Tpnwslnd.com initiates pop-ups via the legitimate push notification feature
Those who interact with the site in any capacity (it doesn't matter if “Allow” or “Block” is clicked in the notification prompt) may quickly be rerouted to similar sites that would request to do the same – News-xebipi.com and News-xoputo.cc are just a few examples that operate identically.
Clean your system from adware and other infections
Your first task is to ensure that your device is clean and not infected with adware or other nasty stuff. While adware usually emits various symptoms, including browser settings changes, redirects to suspicious websites, or intrusive ads, other malicious software may not show any signs or symptoms at all.
Therefore, were strongly recommend you check your system for infections with a reliable anti-malware tool, such as SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes. Security software is not only necessary to remove adware and other malicious programs, but it can also protect from incoming cyberattacks.
If a scan revealed infections, they would immediately be taken care of, and all the malicious files deleted at once. We also recommend employing FortectIntego PC repair and maintenance utility after that to clean your browsers automatically. The app can also repair any damage it may have suffered due to virus infection, so you won't experience crashes, errors, or other stability issues.
Remove Tpnwslnd.com push notifications
When users start receiving push notifications seemingly out of nowhere, they frequently assume that they have been hacked or infected with a virus. In reality, it is an accepted browser function that has been in use for almost ten years now. Many legitimate websites may offer users the option to receive push notifications so that they can get timely information or news from them.
Since the behavior is extremely suspicious, many users begin scanning their systems with anti-malware, only to notice later that the Tpnwslnd.com ads are still present. Since the permission to send notifications was given via the browser, you have to access browser settings to block the URL from the “Allowed” list as follows:
- Open the Google Chrome browser and go to Menu > Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Locate the Privacy and security section and pick Site Settings > Notifications.
- Look at the Allow section and look for a suspicious URL.
- Click the three vertical dots next to it and pick Block. This should remove unwanted notifications from Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to Menu > Options.
- Click on Privacy & Security section.
- Under Permissions, you should be able to see Notifications. Click the Settings button next to it.
- In the Settings – Notification Permissions window, click on the drop-down menu by the URL in question.
- Select Block and then click on Save Changes. This should remove unwanted notifications from Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on Safari > Preferences…
- Go to the Websites tab and, under General, select Notifications.
- Select the web address in question, click the drop-down menu and select Deny.
- Open Microsoft Edge, and click the Settings and more button (three horizontal dots) at the top-right of the window.
- Select Settings and then go to Advanced.
- Under Website permissions, pick Manage permissions and select the URL in question.
- Toggle the switch to the left to turn notifications off on Microsoft Edge.
MS Edge (Chromium)
- Open Microsoft Edge, and go to Settings.
- Select Site permissions.
- Go to Notifications on the right.
- Under Allow, you will find the unwanted entry.
- Click on More actions and select Block.
- Open Internet Explorer, and click on the Gear icon at the top-right of the window.
- Select Internet options and go to the Privacy tab.
- In the Pop-up Blocker section, click on Settings.
- Locate the web address in question under Allowed sites and pick Remove.
How to prevent from getting adware
Protect your privacy – employ a VPN
There are several ways how to make your online time more private – you can access an incognito tab. However, there is no secret that even in this mode, you are tracked for advertising purposes. There is a way to add an extra layer of protection and create a completely anonymous web browsing practice with the help of Private Internet Access VPN. This software reroutes traffic through different servers, thus leaving your IP address and geolocation in disguise. Besides, it is based on a strict no-log policy, meaning that no data will be recorded, leaked, and available for both first and third parties. The combination of a secure web browser and Private Internet Access VPN will let you browse the Internet without a feeling of being spied or targeted by criminals.
No backups? No problem. Use a data recovery tool
If you wonder how data loss can occur, you should not look any further for answers – human errors, malware attacks, hardware failures, power cuts, natural disasters, or even simple negligence. In some cases, lost files are extremely important, and many straight out panic when such an unfortunate course of events happen. Due to this, you should always ensure that you prepare proper data backups on a regular basis.
If you were caught by surprise and did not have any backups to restore your files from, not everything is lost. Data Recovery Pro is one of the leading file recovery solutions you can find on the market – it is likely to restore even lost emails or data located on an external device.