How dangerous is Wizzcaster virus?
Wizzcaster virus is an especially intrusive and bothersome program that is meant to serve online advertisements to PC users for generating traffic to predetermined websites. Security vendors identify it as Gen:Variant.Razy.82935, Gen:Variant.Razy.82935, etc. Once installed, it assigns itself to Startup programs and runs on Windows Startup. The most annoying thing about Wizzcaster adware is that it opens ads in new tab on your browser when it seeks to show you its ads. As a result, infected users can expect to be interrupted during each of their browsing session. No matter how useful ads by this virus seem, their are NOT seeking to present you with real offers. The most of these discount codes, price comparisons, suggestions to participate in easy-money lotteries, invitations to register on unknown websites, etc. are trying to trick you into visiting third party websites that are trying to grow their rank in Google search. No matter how alluring Wizzcaster popup ads look, you should resist the urge to click on them to avoid visiting these questionable domains. Besides, if any of them offers you to provide your personal information in order to get a chance to win something, be sure that it is just another scam trying to swindle your personally identifiable information. According to the latest information, this program is categorized as adware what means that it collects certain information about the computer user with an intention to display targeted content. Beware – the only aim of the developers of this program is to convince you to click on its ads and visit required websites. Beware that you can never know where they can take you to. To avoid sad consequences and not to fall into the trap, you need to remove Wizzcaster virus once it starts interrupting you with its ads.
Once this ad-supported software arrives onto the computer system, it starts gathering information related to user’s browsing activity. This parasite can collect your search activity data, time spent on certain websites, review the list of visited websites, and similar information. All this information helps its developers understand what are the main interests of the user and what ads could trick him or her into clicking them. Again, do not be deceived – Wizzcaster is not trying to collect your personal information(PII). However, ads that are caused by it are delusive, and it is better not to click on them. It goes without saying that spyware researchers strongly recommend infected users to get rid of this adware as soon as possible. This app might make your computer vulnerable to further infections; therefore, an immediate Wizzcaster removal is required to keep your PC safe. We suggest removing it automatically, because it is the easiest way of getting rid spyware and malware. You can use Reimage for that.
How did this program end up on your PC?
Wizzcaster hijack is something that computer users should try to prevent from happening. This hazardous application reportedly is distributed with a help of other free programs, so users should stay away from untrustworthy file sharing sites where various programs can be downloaded absolutely for free. Such free programs frequently contain attached applications, presented as “recommended downloads.” If the user does not deselect permissions to install them, they get installed along with the primary free program without even notifying the computer user. The problem is that these agreements are nicely hidden behind Default or Standard installation settings, which computer users tend to rely on. Do not make the same mistake and instead of leaving these auto-selected setting on, switch them to either Custom or Advanced option. Once you adjust these settings, you can proceed with the installation then.
What is the best way to remove Wizzcaster?
Wizzcaster.exe is the main process of this virus, so make sure you eliminate it as soon as you start noticing unwanted pop-up ads on your browser. However, you may run into several problems while trying to eliminate this virus. Firstly, be careful before ending this process because it may belong to legitimate programs as well. To delete Wizzcaster (malicious version), you should select automatic removal method which requires installing reliable anti-spyware, updating it and running a full system scan. Of course, this adware can also be eliminated from the system manually but, if you don’t have computer-related knowledge, this can have a negative impact on your computer’s performance. If you still want to fix your computer without other’s help, we recommend you to follow these removal instructions provided below and remove Wizzcaster manually. In case something goes wrong, or if the ads do not disappear, then we suggest you to complete this procedure with a full scan of updated anti-spyware. A detailed Wizzcaster removal is provided below.
You can remove Wizzcaster automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Wizzcaster virus Removal Guide:
Remove Wizzcaster from Windows systems
To uninstall Wizzcaster manually, look for programs of the same developer. You need to uninstall all of them to fix your computer fully.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
Uninstall Wizzcaster and related programs
Here, look for Wizzcaster or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Wizzcaster from Mac OS X system
If Wizzcaster ads are bothering you, you need to remove all apps that you cannot remember installing, including WizzCaster-related entries.
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Wizzcaster or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Remove Wizzcaster from Internet Explorer (IE)
Check your browser’s settings and delete extensions that have been installed without your knowledge. Delete Wizzcaster extension as well.
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Wizzcaster and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Wizzcaster removal.
Remove Wizzcaster from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Access Firefox Extensions list, identify all extensions that haven’t been installed by you and delete them. Do not forget to remove Wizzcaster extension.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Wizzcaster and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Wizzcaster removal.
Remove Wizzcaster from Google Chrome
Delete Wizzcaster extension from Extensions list, as well as all other unknown extensions.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Wizzcaster and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Wizzcaster removal.
Remove Wizzcaster from Safari
Go to Safari Extensions and locate where Wizzcaster extension is. Delete it, then check if there are any other suspicious extensions that seem unfamiliar to you.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Wizzcaster or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Wizzcaster removal process.