Wizzcaster is an adware-related program that is launched upon every system's startup
Wizzcaster adware is the PUP that displays useful-looking ads. However, this is a cyber threat is seeking to change various registry entries to make itself persistent.
Questions about Wizzcaster virus
Wizzcaster is an adware which is meant to serve online advertisements to PC users for generating traffic to predetermined websites and generating income known as pay-per-click. Once installed, this PUP adds its executable Wizzcaster.exe on the system to launch itself each time the PC becomes active after the reboot and assigns itself to Startup programs. As a result, every time you reboot your device, Wizzcaster starts causing numerous pop-ups, ads, and similar content flooding computer's screen and causing redirects to suspicious sites. These notifications typically appear in the new tab and interrupt your browsing by taking you to sites that you didn't expect.
|Category||Potentially unwanted program|
|Symptoms||Delivers intrusive commercial content, causes redirects|
|Identified by AV as||
|Elimination||Download Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego and remove Wizzcaster using this tool|
No matter how useful ads by Wizzcaster virus seem, the main goal is not to present you with real offers. The most of these discount codes, price comparisons, suggestions to participate in easy-money lotteries, invitations to register on unknown websites, etc. are trying to trick you into visiting third-party websites that are trying to grow their rank in Google search.
For its proper functionality, adware drops these components
- browser extensions;
- toolbars or bookmarks;
- altered registry entries;
- startup files or shortcuts.
This way, adware makes itself more persistent. However, you should resist the temptation to click on the ads delivered by this app to avoid visiting questionable domains or the main its site Wizzcaster.com. Besides, if any of them offers you to provide your personal information to get a chance to win something, be sure that it is just another scam trying to swindle your personally identifiable information.
Since anti-malware tools can detect the virus under different names, after running a full system you can receive such results: Gen:Variant.Razy.82935 or Adw.Elex|Adw.Wizzcaster|BitMiner.Gen0, etc. In this case, it means that your system is affected. Take care of a full Wizzcaster removal by performing a detailed removal guide provided below.
According to the latest information, adware can also collect specific information about the computer user with an intention to display targeted content. The adware developer can access IP addresses, search queries, location and browsing online related information. All this information helps its developers understand what the main interests of the user are and what ads could trick him or her into clicking them.
Beware that the only aim of the developers of this program is to convince you to click on its ads and visit required websites. You can never know where they can take you to. To avoid sad consequences and not to fall into the trap, you need to remove Wizzcaster virus once it starts interrupting you with its ads.
Again, do not be deceived – Wizzcaster is not trying to collect your personal information (PII). However, ads that are caused by it are delusive, and it is better not to click on them. Spyware researchers strongly recommend infected users to get rid of this adware as soon as possible.
This application might make your computer vulnerable to further infections; therefore, immediate virus removal is required to keep your PC safe. You should remove Wizzcaster using the automatical method because it is the easiest way of getting rid of malware or related files and programs. Additionally, use Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego to make sure that your system is ready to work as previously.
Wizzcaster virus is a cyber intruder which is related to advertisers helping this unwanted program travel around with the help of bundling.
Software bundling leads to cyber infections
A potentially unwanted program is something that computer users should try to prevent from happening. This hazardous application reportedly is distributed with the help of other free programs, so users should stay away from untrustworthy file sharing sites where various programs can be downloaded entirely for free. Such free programs frequently contain attached applications, presented as “recommended downloads.”
If the user does not deselect permissions to install them, they get installed along with the primary free program without even notifying the computer user. The problem is that these agreements are nicely hidden behind Default or Standard installation settings, which computer users tend to rely on. Do not make the same mistake and instead of leaving these auto-selected setting on, switch them to either Custom or Advanced option. Once you adjust these settings, you can proceed with the installation then.
The best way to remove Wizzcaster is using professional tools
Wizzcaster.exe is the primary process of this virus, so make sure you terminate it as soon as you start noticing unwanted pop-up ads on your browser. However, you may run into several problems while trying to eliminate this virus. Firstly, be careful before ending this process because it may belong to legitimate programs as well.
To remove Wizzcaster, you should select an automatic removal method which requires installing reliable anti-spyware, updating it and running a full system scan. Of course, this adware can also be eliminated from the system manually but, if you don't have the computer-related knowledge, this can have a negative impact on your computer’s performance.
If you still want to fix your computer without other's help, we recommend you to follow these Wizzcaster removal instructions provided below and terminate the threat manually. In case something goes wrong, or if the ads do not disappear, then we suggest you to complete this procedure with a full scan of updated anti-spyware. Detailed virus removal and more tips provided below.
You may remove virus damage with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Wizzcaster virus, follow these steps:
Remove Wizzcaster from Windows systems
To uninstall Wizzcaster manually, look for programs of the same developer. You need to uninstall all of them to fix your computer thoroughly.
To remove Wizzcaster from Windows 10/8 machines, please follow these steps:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find entries related to Wizzcaster (or any other recently installed suspicious program).
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
If you are Windows 7/XP user, proceed with the following instructions:
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
Delete Wizzcaster from Mac OS X system
To get rid of adware from MacOS, you need to remove all apps that you cannot remember installing or that seem suspicious:
If your macOS is displaying some infection symptoms, proceed with the following guide:
Remove Wizzcaster from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for Wizzcaster-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove Wizzcaster, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to Wizzcaster and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the Wizzcaster-related entries.
Erase Wizzcaster from Internet Explorer (IE)
Check your browser's settings and delete extensions that have been installed without your knowledge. Delete the malicious extension as well.
Remove dangerous add-ons:
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top-right corner of the browser
- Pick Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Wizzcaster and other suspicious plugins. Click on these entries and select Disable.
Change your homepage if it was altered:
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon.
- Select Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete the Home page address and replace it by your preferred one (for example, Google.com).
- Click Apply and then select OK.
Delete temporary files:
- Press on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Under Browsing history, click Delete…
- Select relevant fields and press Delete.
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Click on Gear icon > Internet options and select Advanced tab.
- Select Reset.
- In the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Wizzcaster removal.
Eliminate Wizzcaster from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Access Firefox Extensions list, identify all extensions that haven't been installed by you and delete them. Do not forget to uninstall the unwanted extension.
Remove dangerous extensions:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the Menu (three horizontal lines at the top-right of the window).
- Select Add-ons.
- In here, select plugins that are related to Wizzcaster and click Remove.
Clear cookies and site data:
- Click Menu and pick Options.
- Go to Privacy & Security section.
- Scroll down to locate Cookies and Site Data.
- Click on Clear Data…
- Select Cookies and Site Data, as well as Cached Web Content and press Clear.
In case Wizzcaster did not get removed after following the instructions above, reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click the Menu.
- Go to Help and then choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Under Give Firefox a tune up section, click on Refresh Firefox…
- Once the pop-up shows up, confirm the action by pressing on Refresh Firefox – this should complete Wizzcaster removal.
Get rid of Wizzcaster from Google Chrome
To delete Wizzcaster from Chrome, go to Extensions list and get rid of all suspicious entries. You should also reset your web browser.
Delete malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Menu (three vertical dots at the top-right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the newly opened window, you will see all the installed extensions. Uninstall all the suspicious plugins that might be related to Wizzcaster by clicking Remove.
Clear cache and web data from Chrome:
- Click on Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
If the above-methods did not help you, reset Google Chrome to eliminate all the Wizzcaster-components:
- Click on Menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings, scroll down and click Advanced.
- Scroll down and locate Reset and clean up section.
- Now click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Confirm with Reset settings to complete Wizzcaster removal.
Remove Wizzcaster from Safari
Go to Safari Extensions and locate Wizzcaster extension is. Delete it, then check if any other suspicious extensions seem unfamiliar to you.
Remove unwanted extensions from Safari:
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- In the new window, pick Extensions.
- Select the unwanted extension related to Wizzcaster and select Uninstall.
Clear cookies and other website data from Safari:
- Click Safari > Clear History…
- From the drop-down menu under Clear, pick all history.
- Confirm with Clear History.
Reset Safari if the above-mentioned steps did not help you:
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- Go to Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar.
- From the menu bar, click Develop, and then select Empty Caches.
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. It is a hassle when your website is protected from suspicious connections and unauthorized IP addresses.
The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address. If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for server or network manager that need to monitor connections and activities. This is how you bypass some of the authentications factors and can remotely use your banking accounts without triggering suspicious with each login.
VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world. It is better to clock the access to your website from different IP addresses. So you can keep the project safe and secure when you have the dedicated IP address VPN and protected access to the content management system.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer from data losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Ransomware can encrypt and hold files hostage, while unforeseen power cuts might cause a loss of important documents. If you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work. It is also equally important to update backups on a regular basis so that the newest information remains intact – you can set this process to be performed automatically.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware strikes out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the data restoration process.