XP Antivirus 2014 Removal Guide
What is XP Antivirus 2014?
XP Antivirus 2014 is a serious virus that can easily initiate problems on your computer. It belongs to a well known of rogue anti-spywares, which is called braviax. When having this rogue running on your computer, you may not only notice continuous system scanners reporting about different kinds of viruses. You may also see continuous offers to purchase its licensed version. If you agree to do that, you may run into even more dangerous problems because your money, credit card details and other personally identifiable information will be sent straight to hackers. Please, don't fall for XP Antivirus 2014 alerts and NEVER pay for its licensed version because it's fake. In reality, this program is not capable of detecting any kind of threat. All what it does is showing people identical notifications that try to scare them into thinking that their PCs are dangerously infected. However, the only real virus that is hiding in their computers is XP Antivirus 2014.. Please, do NOT let this rogue trick you. You should remove it as soon as it starts showing you its invented pop-up notifications.
How can XP Antivirus 2014 infect my computer?
XP Antivirus 2014 is spread just like many other rogues, such as Win 7 Protection 2014 or Win 7 Antivirus 2014. That means that if you don't have a reputable anti-spyware installed on your PC, it is vulnerable and can easily get infected with this or other threats that belongs to Braviax. In addition, you should also try to avoid illegal websites, spam and misleading popups that may show up to you when visiting legal and illegal websites. They typically say that computer may be infected and offer checking it for free. Of course, on you click on such notification, you download a trojan that installs this rogue. If XP Antivirus 2014 infects computer, it additionally drops its own registry entries and files. In addition, it starts its work as soon as you reboot your computer and displays such and similar notifications:
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan.
XP Antivirus 2014 has blocked a program from accessing the internet
This program is infected with Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen
Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords.
If you have been suffering from XP Antivirus 2014 ads that try to inform you about tens of different viruses, you should ignore them. If you fall for them, you can easily lose your money and personal information. The easiest way to get rid of those ads is to remove this rogue anti-spyware from the system. You can do that with a help of a guide that is given below:
How to remove XP Antivirus 2014?
The way how you can remove XP Antivirus 2014 from your computer is quite difficult because it uses randomly named files to hide its presence on the system. Fortunately, you can select AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OPTION that requires just downloading a reputable anti-spyware, updating it and running a full system scan. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide. When trying to remove XP Antivirus 2014, our recommended programs are FortectIntego and SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, XP Antivirus 2014 may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose the date and the specific restore point that you want and click Next.
- Wait until your PC reboots and click OK on the Restoration Complete window.
- Now download FortectIntego and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Restart your computer
- As soon as your computer becomes active, start pressing the F8 key continuously until you see Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Here, select Safe Mode with Networking (for that, use the arrow keys) and then hit Enter.
- Login as the same user as you were in normal Windows mode
- Now right click on IE or other browser's icon and select Run As or Run As administrator. Enter your Administrator account password (if needed).
- Enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe and download a program on your desktop. Launch it to remove malicious files.
3. CREATING GUEST ACCOUNT FOR SCANNING COMPUTER:
If you have another user (guest) account, you can try to run a full system scan from it. You just need to log into it and download FortectIntego for a full system scan. You can activate your guest account with a help of these steps:
- Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel and select User Accounts.
- After a new window shows up, click on Guest -> Turn On Guest Account.
- Now wait until computer reboots and you see Windows log on screen
- Select Guest account for downloading our recommended anti-spyware.
4. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download FortectIntego or SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner on it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.
How to prevent from getting rogue antispyware
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address.
If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for the server or network manager that needs to monitor connections and activities. VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world.
Recover files after data-affecting malware attacks
While much of the data can be accidentally deleted due to various reasons, malware is one of the main culprits that can cause loss of pictures, documents, videos, and other important files. More serious malware infections lead to significant data loss when your documents, system files, and images get encrypted. In particular, ransomware is is a type of malware that focuses on such functions, so your files become useless without an ability to access them.
Even though there is little to no possibility to recover after file-locking threats, some applications have features for data recovery in the system. In some cases, Data Recovery Pro can also help to recover at least some portion of your data after data-locking virus infection or general cyber infection.