[Figure 1. Antivirus Soft graphical user interface]
When running, Anti-virus Soft will also display many fake security alerts and notifications. For example, you may see fake pop-ups with the following text:
And there is also an error message that states "Application can not be executed". This one will be displayed every time you try to launch an anti-spyware or anti-virus software. What is more, Antivirus Soft will change Internet Explorer's settings. A proxy server will be added under the LAN settings, so that you cannot browse to any web site other than the site for Antivirus Soft. As you can see, this virus is quite irritating. Unfortunately, it can't be removed as a regular program. It won't let you to remove its files manually either. The removal guide below will show you how to get rid of Antivirus Soft from the system once and for all.
Antivirus Soft removal instructions
1. Restart your computer. As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, tap "F8" key constantly. Use the arrow keys to highlight the "Safe Mode with Networking" option as shown in the image below, and then press ENTER.
2. Open Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.
3. In the the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab. Then click on the LAN settings button.
4. Now you will see Local Area Network (LAN) settings window. Uncheck the checkbox labeled Use a proxy server for your LAN under the Proxy Server section and press OK.
5. Download an automatic removal tool from this page and run a full system scan. Or download it form alternative location. Antivirus Soft properties:
• Changes browser settings
• Shows commercial adverts
• Connects itself to the internet
• Stays resident in background
Antivirus Soft manual removal
[RANDOM CHARACTERS]sysguard.exe, for example ghrtsysguard.exe
Delete registry values:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments "SaveZoneInformation" = "1"
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "ProxyServer" = "http=127.0.0.1:5555"
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations "LowRiskFileTypes" = ".exe"
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download "RunInvalidSignatures" = "1"
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "ProxyOverride" = ""
%UserProfile%\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\
Windows Vista and Windows 7:
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\ (Win XP)
Geolocation of Antivirus Soft
Comments on Antivirus Soft
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.