What is Protective Antivirus 2015?
Protective Antivirus 2015 is classified as a rogue anti-spyware and is accused of imitating the behavior of a genuine anti-spyware and scaring people into thinking that their computers are seriously infected. However, in reality, it’s an intrusive virus that belongs to a well-known family of rogues that is called Braviax and is mainly used for swindling away people’s money. If you want to stay safe, it’s very important to install a reliable anti-spyware, keep it up-to-date and avoid clicking on various suspicious links, popups, and, of course, NEVER open suspicious emails with attachments. If Protective Antivirus 2015 is activated, it modifies Windows Registry in order to load automatically every time you turn on the computer. Besides, it may cause system slowdowns, crashes, and other technical issues in order to convince you that there is something wrong with your PC. Even more, Protective Antivirus 2015 rogue continuously initiates fake system scans and delivers predetermined scan results that typically inform about actual computer infections, such as Backdoor:Hackdef.Y, Backdoor:Ginwui.A, Backdoor:Win32.Scrab.p, etc. However, this rogue does NOT have a virus database, which means that it displays fake scan results. Be aware that this way it only seeks to make you pay the money for a ‘full version’ of Protective Antivirus 2015 virus (for $129.99), which is supposed to remove infections from their PC. Unfortunately, paying for it will not solve any problems. Contrary, you may be tricked into disclosing your credit card details to cyber criminals who may later initiate thefts straight from your bank account. To prevent this from happening, we highly recommend you to remove Protective Antivirus 2015 virus using a reputable anti-spyware, such as Reimage or Malwarebytes.
How can Protective Antivirus 2015 hijack my computer?
Protective Antivirus 2015 is closely related to such computer threats as Defender PRO 2015 and Antivirus PRO 2015. All of them are clones that belong to Braviax family of rogues and actively spread on the Internet these days. If Protective Antivirus 2015 infiltrates the system, it corrupts various PC parameters, initiates fake system scans, deliver a long list of computer infections and offer people to buy a full version of Protective Antivirus 2015 rogue in order to remove them. Besides, it may continuously initiate such and similar pop-up warnings:
Malware program has been detected.
Click here to protect your computer.
Fortunately, you will only have to remove Protective Antivirus 2015 virus in order to put an end to all popups and scans that this virus initiates. NEVER pay money for its ‘full version’ because by doing so, you may experience more serious issues, such as money loss or identity theft. If you want to bypass such and similar rogues in the future, you should browse the net more carefully. Rogue anti-spywares and other malware are commonly distributed with the help of Trojan horses, which may be activated after clicking on an infected link, fake update alert or after opening email attachment. Thus, we highly recommend you to keep your guard up and avoid clicking on suspicious-looking content that you run into when surfing the net. Speaking about spam, you should always check the sender, typo, and grammar mistakes and only if you are sure that an email you received is safe, you can open it.
How to remove Protective Antivirus 2015 virus?
If you suspect that Protective Antivirus 2015 has already infected your PC, you should not waste your time and remove it from the system ASAP. In order to do that, you should use a reputable anti-spyware because it’s a serious computer infection, which can hardly be removed manually. If you already have an anti-spyware installed, don’t forget to update it before starting the scan. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide. When trying to remove this threat, our recommended programs are Reimage and Malwarebytes because they have shown great results in detection and removal of Protective Antivirus 2015 virus.
ATTENTION! Protective Antivirus 2015 may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can’t download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose the date and the specific restore point that you want and click Next.
- Wait until your PC reboots and click OK on the Restoration Complete window.
- Now download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
If you are using Windows 8, then follow these steps:
- Go to the Windows 8 Start Screen and type restore point in the Search section.
- Now click on Settings -> Create a restore point.
- When in System Protection tab, select System Restore.
- Click Next button to see your restore points and left click on the entry you need.
- Now select Scan for affected programs -> Close -> Next -> Finish.
- Once your PC reboots, download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Restart your computer
- As soon as your computer becomes active, start pressing the F8 key continuously until you see Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Here, select Safe Mode with Networking (for that, use the arrow keys) and then hit Enter.
- Login as the same user as you were in normal Windows mode
- Now right click on IE or other browser’s icon and select Run As or Run As administrator. Enter your Administrator account password (if needed).
- Enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe and download a program on your desktop. Launch it to remove malicious files.
3. CREATING GUEST ACCOUNT FOR SCANNING COMPUTER:
If you have another user (guest) account, you can try to run a full system scan from it. You just need to log into it and download Reimage for a full system scan. You can activate your guest account with a help of these steps:
- Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel and select User Accounts.
- After a new window shows up, click on Guest -> Turn On Guest Account.
- Now wait until computer reboots and you see Windows log on screen
- Select Guest account for downloading our recommended anti-spyware.
4. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage to it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.
5. BLOCKING Protective Antivirus 2015 BEFORE A SCAN:
- Let Protective Antivirus 2015 start its work and finish its fake system scan.
- Click on Allow unprotected and close the warning message.
- Open File Explorer (click Start -> Documents) and enter %AppData% in the location bar. Click enter.
- Rename guard-agas or similar entry.
- Reboot your machine and enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe
- Download SpyHunter and remove malicious files that belong to Protective Antivirus 2015.