What is Win 8 Protection 2014?
Win 8 Protection 2014, just like Win 8 Antivirus 2014, XP Protection 2014 and many others, is a rogue anti-spyware program, which is designed to convince people to buy its licensed version. This virus is specifically created to infect Windows 8 operating system; therefore, those who use XP or Windows 7 operating systems can feel safe from this intruder. However, it is important to mention that this threat has other versions that are designed to infected Windows 7, Windows XP and other OS. Win 8 Antivirus 2014 is typically spread via trojan horse, so if you want to avoid this or other threats, you should make sure that your machine is properly protected. If this dangerous virus manages to get inside its target PC system, it initiates fake system scanners and informs its victim about invented viruses that are supposedly hiding in the system. It is very likely that you will see such notifications every time you reboot your machine. Please, do not rely on such misleading notifications because this is method how this virus tricks people into buying its full version. If you noticed Win 8 Protection 2014 alerts, you should scan your computer with an alternative anti-spyware and make sure that the only virus that is hiding in your computer is 8 Protection 2014. For this reason, we highly recommend you to remove this dangerous program from the system as soon as it starts showing its ads.
How can Win 8 Protection 2014 infect my computer?
Win 8 Protection 2014 typically spreads using various unfair methods. This parasite usually hides in legitimate-looking ads and links that are placed in either legitimate or misleading websites. Therefore, if you click on them, you can easily end up with this tricky parasite. In addition, this malicious program can also enter your PC with the help of spam, which may be filled with infected attachments. Therefore, if you have recently received a suspicious email, look for typo or grammar mistakes, check the sender and so on. If you noticed continuous alerts telling you that Win 8 Protection 2014 detected a long list of viruses, then your PC is already infected. Here is how these ads look like:
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan.
Win 8 Protection 2014 has blocked a program from accessing the internet
This program is infected with Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen
Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords.
Win 8 Antivirus 2014 Alert
Unknown program is scanning your system registry right now! Identity theft detected.
Do NOT ignore its alerts because this virus can additionally be used for infecting your computer with other threats, blocking certain programs and other dangerous activities. In addition, make sure you remove this threat with all its malicious files in order to keep your PC secure.
How to remove Win 8 Protection 2014?
If you noticed Win 8 Protection 2014 alerts telling you that your PC is infected, you should not wait longer. Select AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OPTION and avoiding manual removal. When relying on this option, you should just download a reputable anti-spyware, update it and run a full system scan. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide.
When trying to remove Win 8 Protection 2014, our recommended programs are Reimage and Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, Win 8 Protection 2014 may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Go to the Windows 8 Start Screen and type restore point in the Search section.
- Now click on Settings -> Create a restore point.
- When in System Protection tab, select System Restore.
- Click Next button to see your restore points and left click on the entry you need.
- Now select Scan for affected programs -> Close -> Next -> Finish.
- Once your PC reboots, download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Click on Windows key and go to the bottom-right corner.
- Select Settings -> Change PC Settings -> General.
- Click theRestart Now buttonunder Advanced Startup.
- Now selectTroubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> Startup Settings.
- Now choose Restart and press F5.
- Launch IE or other browser and enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe
- Download a program on your desktop and launch it to remove malicious files.
3. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner on it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.