'Your computer has been blocked' is a fake notification, which is expected to scare people into thinking that they have violated several laws of the United States of America and now have to pay the fine for that. Classically, it blocks the system with a huge alert, which seems to be sent by an official representative of government (The Federal Department of Justice in this case). Besides, it SPEAKS to the victim in a same language where he/she is located. The sad news is that the real owner of Your computer has been blocked warning is Internet criminals. They seek to make you pay this invented fine of $300 by purchasing the Moneypak voucher and sending the code for them. Please, never do that! You can unblock your computer and remove 'Your computer has been blocked' from your computer by following special steps that are listed below.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH 'Your computer has been blocked'?
We can easily put this ransomware virus to the same group as FBI virus and FBI virus Black Screen, which has been massively infecting PC users without any permission asked. Just like its predecessors, this virus comes in a bundle with freeware, shareware, spam emails and their attachments, and other applications that may seem to be legitimate. Besides, some users have also reported that this dangerous ransomware may be spread by fake media codecs and flash updates. Once it gets inside the PC, it blocks the system down and replaces desktop with 'Your computer has been blocked' warning. This warning is all covered in black and shows a fake web cam for a victim. Besides, it uses the same white letters in the top left corner of its alert just like FBI Online Agent virus, which is the latest from the group of FBI virus. Be aware that you have to ignore this alert, which says:
'Your computer has been blocked!
The work of your computer has been suspended on the grounds of the violation of the law of the United States of America.
Of course, you have to remove this ransomware virus from your computer without any delay.
HOW CAN I REMOVE 'Your computer has been blocked'?
When trying to remove this or other ransomware from FBI virus group, the biggest problem is unlocking the system. First of all, you should try restoring your computer to a previous date and then launching a scanner to find and remove infected files. If this doesn't help, follow these tips:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download SpyHunter or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Ukash virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with ransomware viruses are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual FBI virus removal (special skills needed!):
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Ukash virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated SpyHunter to remove remaining virus files.
Your computer has been blocked manual removal
Geolocation of Your computer has been blocked
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.