Blnq-search.com ads Removal Guide
What is Blnq-search.com ads?
Blnq-search.com might redirect users to scam pages and even malicious websites
Redirects can be a symptom of a bigger problem, like adware
If you have been redirected to Blnq-search.com, it is because your browser has been hijacked by adware. This type of software can be used to inject advertisements into users' machines without their permission or knowledge. There are many possible reasons why your browser is being redirected.
The most likely explanation is that there's a malicious browser extension attached to Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox, or another browser. It could also be installed as an application on the system level. Another possibility is that you've accidentally installed it yourself without realizing it (or something managed to slip through without your knowledge).
If you are ever redirected to Blnq-search.com, we recommend that you do not interact with any of the content on this website. This is because many of the links on this site can lead to malicious websites, which may host scams or phishing messages. In order to protect yourself from these threats, it is important that you eliminate all adware and malware from your system. We have provided some instructions on how to do this below.
|Redirect virus, adware
|Redirects to suspicious websites; encounters with phishing and other dubious content, intrusive ads
|Redirects to malicious websites can result in unwanted site notifications, personal information disclosure to unknown parties (cybercriminals), monetary losses, installation of other potentially unwanted programs/malware
|You can get rid of adware quickly and easily by scanning your system with professional security software, although the manual solution below is also available
|Delete web caches and other data from your browsers to protect your privacy and prevent information leaks – FortectIntego can quicken this process
Redirects might be dangerous
Adware is a type of software that might be installed on your computer without you knowing, often through freeware downloads. For that reason, unexpected redirects and excessive ads might come as a surprise to people. Adware usually is included in the installers as bundled software so fewer people notice it.
The most concerning thing about adware infections is the fact that it can redirect users to quite dangerous websites that promote scams, such as Amazon Trial, Virus alert from Microsoft, Loyalty Program, etc.
No matter what type of scam you come across, do not interact with it. The scammers may ask for your personal information or consent to download harmful software or subscribe to useless services. All of these acts will only hurt you in the end and provide no benefit whatsoever.
Advertisements pushed by adware may be dangerous and cause harm
How to stop Blnq-search.comp redirects?
The best way to get rid of any malware or unwanted programs is by doing a full system scan with SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes. Anti-malware software can eliminate aggressive adware and also remove more serious infections such as ransomware or trojans. Although not as foolproof, manual removal is another option.
Though it's improbable, a system-level installation of a potentially unwanted program (PUP) could still happen. PUPs like media players, PDF converters, ad-blockers, and system optimizers can cause irregular browsing behavior if they're installed. If you have Windows, go to the Control Panel section and delete anything that seems dubious.
- Enter Control Panel into the Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find the entry of the suspicious program.
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till the uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
On a Mac, you should access the Applications folder, remove the main app, and then get rid of the leftover files.
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for all related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove an unwanted app, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the related .plist files.
Adware is most often found in the form of browser extensions. If you have installed a new extension and started noticing strange redirects, uninstall it immediately. If you aren't sure which app is causing problems, get rid of all extensions and then reinstall them one by one.
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Menu (three vertical dots at the top-right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the newly opened window, you will see all the installed extensions. Uninstall all the suspicious plugins that might be related to the unwanted program by clicking Remove.
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the Menu (three horizontal lines at the top-right of the window).
- Select Add-ons.
- In here, select the unwanted plugin and click Remove.
- Open Edge and click select Settings > Extensions.
- Delete unwanted extensions by clicking Remove.
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- In the new window, pick Extensions.
- Select the unwanted extension and select Uninstall.
Adware is also capable of making a profit by taking user information and translating it into a form that can be sold or distributed to other groups. For instance, Adware might cause users to see ads more often, and if they click on these ads then the original group makes money. Cookies, web beacons, and other similar devices are used in order to track people's internet activity.
If you want a quick solution, we recommend employing a PC maintenance utility FortectIntego, which can also fix virus damage if such has occurred. This would resolve issues with system crashes or various errors if such occur after adware elimination is complete and Blnq-search.com redirects are stopped. However, if you want to do it yourself, follow these steps:
- Click on Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
- Click Menu and pick Options.
- Go to Privacy & Security section.
- Scroll down to locate Cookies and Site Data.
- Click on Clear Data…
- Select Cookies and Site Data, as well as Cached Web Content and press Clear.
- Click on Menu and go to Settings.
- Select Privacy and services.
- Under Clear browsing data, pick Choose what to clear.
- Under Time range, pick All time.
- Select Clear now.
- Click Safari > Clear History…
- From the drop-down menu under Clear, pick all history.
- Confirm with Clear History.
How to prevent from getting adware
Protect your privacy – employ a VPN
There are several ways how to make your online time more private – you can access an incognito tab. However, there is no secret that even in this mode, you are tracked for advertising purposes. There is a way to add an extra layer of protection and create a completely anonymous web browsing practice with the help of Private Internet Access VPN. This software reroutes traffic through different servers, thus leaving your IP address and geolocation in disguise. Besides, it is based on a strict no-log policy, meaning that no data will be recorded, leaked, and available for both first and third parties. The combination of a secure web browser and Private Internet Access VPN will let you browse the Internet without a feeling of being spied or targeted by criminals.
No backups? No problem. Use a data recovery tool
If you wonder how data loss can occur, you should not look any further for answers – human errors, malware attacks, hardware failures, power cuts, natural disasters, or even simple negligence. In some cases, lost files are extremely important, and many straight out panic when such an unfortunate course of events happen. Due to this, you should always ensure that you prepare proper data backups on a regular basis.
If you were caught by surprise and did not have any backups to restore your files from, not everything is lost. Data Recovery Pro is one of the leading file recovery solutions you can find on the market – it is likely to restore even lost emails or data located on an external device.