What is Jollywallet?
Jollywallet is a potentially unwanted program, which spreads around in a form of browser plugin. In most of the cases, it is downloaded from the Internet as a valuable application, which is capable of improving people's browsing on the web by showing them the biggest discounts and the best prices. However, that's not the only way how this program can appear on your computer. Beware that it has also been infiltrating computers in a bundle with freeware and shareware as the optional component. Once this component settles down, it may hijack each of web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other ones. As a result, this program may get ability to interrupt into each of user's search sessions by showing him/her its commercial pop-up notifications. Its description claims that these ads are displayed only when visiting such websites as Wallmart, ebay and Amazon (commercial websites). However, it doesn't matter that Jollywallet ads will show up to you only on these sites. Beware that they may start notifying about various promotions, sales and coupons no matter which website you decide to visit. In addition, they may also try to 'warn' you about missing updates and similar things but you should try to ignore them because you may end up with the infiltration of other adwares. It is known that ads byJollywallet have already tricked people into installing such programs as Yontoo, Online HD TV, Incredibar, FB Photo Zoom and other adwares. So, our advise on this application is very simple: you should uninstall it if you either discovered it on your computer without any permission asked or if you installed it by yourself.
How can Jollywallet hijack my computer?
Jollywallet can be installed with a help of two different ways. The first method requires going to official Jollywallet's website and downloading this program from it. However, it can also show up on your machine out of nowhere without your permission asked. This method involves deceptive distribution technique, which is based on the installation of freeware and shareware. Typically, such programs are filled with various 'components' and 'optional downloads' that should be unchecked or opted-out when downloading them from the Internet. For that we recommend choosing Custom or Advanced installation. If Jollywallet gets inside the system, it may try to modify it by adding its own plugin to all web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Once it does that, it starts displaying its pop-up ads and underlined words on websites.
How to remove Jollywallet virus?
When trying to remove Jollywallet, you should uninstall it and also make sure that all related programs are uninstalled as well. For that, you should check a guide below and get rid of such potentially unwanted programs as Online HD TV, PutLockerDownload, TornTV, Yontoo, 1ClickDown, 1ClickDownloader, FB Photo Zoom, GoPhoto.it, HDvid Codec, IB Updater, Incredibar Toolbar, OneClickDownload, OneClickDownloader. However, we can't guarantee that here is a full list of related freeware. That's why you should think about automatic removal of Jollywallet. If you still want to remove it manually, follow these instructions:
You can remove Jollywallet automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Jollywallet Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Jollywallet and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Jollywallet or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Jollywallet or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall Jollywallet from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Jollywallet and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Jollywallet removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Jollywallet and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Jollywallet removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Jollywallet and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Jollywallet removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Jollywallet or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Jollywallet removal process.
Step 3: Complete Jollywallet removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Jollywallet registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Jollywallet
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.