Jollywallet is a potentially unwanted program, which spreads around in a form of browser plugin. In most of the cases, it infiltrates computers in a bundle with freeware and shareware, and immediately affects all web browsers that can be found there. As a result, this program starts showing its commercial pop-up notifications when people visit such websites as Wallmart, ebay and Amazon. In most of the cases, Jollywallet ads notify about various promotions, sales and coupons. However, they may also 'warn' you about missing updates and similar things that may trick people into installing such programs as Yontoo, Online HD TV, Incredibar, FB Photo Zoom and other adwares. So, our advise on Jollywallet application is very simple: you should uninstall it if you either find it annoying or haven't installed it by yourself.
How can Jollywallet infiltrate my computer?
Jollywallet can be installed with a help of two different ways. The first method requires going to official Jollywallet's website and downloading this program from it. However, it can also show up on your machine out of nowhere. This method involves deceptive distribution technique, which is based on the installation of freeware and shareware. Typically, such programs are filled with various 'components' and 'optional downloads' that should be unchecked or opted-out when downloading them from the Internet. For that we recommend choosing Custom or Advanced installation. If Jollywallet gets inside the system, it modifies it by adding its own plugin to all web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Once it does that, it starts displaying its pop-up ads and underlined words on websites.
How to remove Jollywallet?
When trying to remove Jollywallet, you should uninstall it from Add/Remove programs first. For that, go to the Windows Start menu and then to Control Panel > Add/Remove ("Programs & Features" in Vista & Windows 7) and click "Remove" next to 'Jollywallet' and these programs that are related to it: Online HD TV, PutLockerDownload, TornTV, Yontoo, 1ClickDown, 1ClickDownloader, FB Photo Zoom, GoPhoto.it, HDvid Codec, IB Updater, Incredibar Toolbar, OneClickDownload, OneClickDownloader.
After that, we recommend running a full system scan with STOPzilla or SpyHunter. This will help you to make sure that your PC is free of viruses.
Finally, you should reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
- Here, look for Jollywallet and other unknown extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use