News-fumayu.cc ads Removal Guide
What is News-fumayu.cc ads?
News-fumayu.cc is a dubious site used by crooks to generate revenue from pop-up spam
Pop-up ads can contain links leading to dangerous sites
News-fumayu.cc is a fraudulent website that attempts to trick users into subscribing to push notifications. It displays a deceptive message asking users to confirm that they are not robots by pressing the “Allow” button. Apart from the fake image and message, there is no other content to explore on the page. Instead, users are bombarded with intrusive pop-up ads.
Crooks may use rogue advertising networks to place advertisements that lead to dangerous websites. People may end up on scam sites that attempt to steal personal information or trick them into downloading PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) or malware. Learn how to get rid of annoying pop-ups by reading our guide.
|Push notification spam; adware
|Pop-up ads start appearing in the corner of the screen after the “Allow” button is pressed
|Shady websites, deceptive ads, redirects, freeware installations
|Links embedded in the push notifications can lead to dangerous websites where users can be tricked into providing their personal information and suffer from monetary losses
|Users can block push notifications via browser settings
|It is recommended to use a repair tool like FortectIntego after the removal to fix any remaining damage
Pages such as News-fumayu.cc rarely appear in search results. They usually hide on other shady, unregulated sites. Illegal streaming sites, for example, are riddled with deceptive ads and sneaky redirects. They can open new tabs and redirect users to malicious websites.
It is preferable to use legitimate streaming platforms such as Netflix or Hulu. Users can consume as much content as they want for a small monthly subscription fee. Do not click on random links or advertisements, even if they appear to promote legitimate products or services.
You should also scan your computer for adware. It is ad-supported software that may have opened the push notification spam page without your knowledge. It may result in an increase in commercial content such as pop-ups, banners, and redirects.
Try to only visit trusted websites to avoid scams
Block notifications from News-fumayu.cc
Because push notifications are subscription-based, they can be turned on and off only manually. We have a detailed guide for the most popular browsers below:
Google Chrome (desktop):
- Open Google Chrome browser and go to Menu > Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Locate the Privacy and security section and pick Site Settings > Notifications.
- Look at the Allow section and look for a suspicious URL.
- Click the three vertical dots next to it and pick Block. This should remove unwanted notifications from Google Chrome.
Google Chrome (Android):
- Open Google Chrome and tap on Settings (three vertical dots).
- Select Notifications.
- Scroll down to Sites section.
- Locate the unwanted URL and toggle the button to the left (Off setting).
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to Menu > Options.
- Click on Privacy & Security section.
- Under Permissions, you should be able to see Notifications. Click Settings button next to it.
- In the Settings – Notification Permissions window, click on the drop-down menu by the URL in question.
- Select Block and then click on Save Changes. This should remove unwanted notifications from Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on Safari > Preferences…
- Go to Websites tab and, under General, select Notifications.
- Select the web address in question, click the drop-down menu and select Deny.
- Open Microsoft Edge, and click the Settings and more button (three horizontal dots) at the top-right of the window.
- Select Settings and then go to Advanced.
- Under Website permissions, pick Manage permissions and select the URL in question.
- Toggle the switch to the left to turn notifications off on Microsoft Edge.
MS Edge (Chromium):
- Open Microsoft Edge, and go to Settings.
- Select Site permissions.
- Go to Notifications on the right.
- Under Allow, you will find the unwanted entry.
- Click on More actions and select Block.
Clear your browsers
These small data files aren't necessarily bad. Legitimate websites employ them to personalize the user experience by displaying relevant results, for example. They can, however, be used to generate revenue by selling them to ad networks and other third parties. This problem has an automatic solution – FortectIntego. With the click of a button, this powerful software can stop tracking and delete existing data, as well as repair serious system errors.
Check your PC for adware infection
PUPs can also cause unwanted browser behavior. Pages like News-fumayu.cc can appear without any user input at all. Adware, which is a program that generates commercial content in the machine without the users' knowledge, can cause this. Many of them are disguised as “useful” tools, making them more difficult to detect for average users.
That is why professional security tools such as SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are essential. A computer without an antivirus is analogous to a house without a door. Anti-malware software can scan the machine for suspicious processes that are running in the background. Furthermore, it can prevent such infections by alerting users when dangerous files attempt to enter the system.
However, if you still want to do this yourself, you can follow our step-by-step instructions for Windows and Mac machines:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find the entry of the suspicious program.
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for all related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove an unwanted app, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the related .plist files.
How to prevent from getting adware
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address.
If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for the server or network manager that needs to monitor connections and activities. VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world.
Recover files after data-affecting malware attacks
While much of the data can be accidentally deleted due to various reasons, malware is one of the main culprits that can cause loss of pictures, documents, videos, and other important files. More serious malware infections lead to significant data loss when your documents, system files, and images get encrypted. In particular, ransomware is is a type of malware that focuses on such functions, so your files become useless without an ability to access them.
Even though there is little to no possibility to recover after file-locking threats, some applications have features for data recovery in the system. In some cases, Data Recovery Pro can also help to recover at least some portion of your data after data-locking virus infection or general cyber infection.