Yexcelltoolse.xyz ads (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge) - Free Guide
Yexcelltoolse.xyz ads Removal Guide
What is Yexcelltoolse.xyz ads?
Yexcelltoolse.xyz ads may lead users to malicious websites
Yexcelltoolse.xyz is a fake website created by scammers
Most users don't know anything about Yexcelltoolse.xyz until they start noticing suspicious pop-ups marked by this URL showing up on their desktops. A rather frustrating phenomenon has affected numerous users, and they are unaware of where these ads are coming from or how to get rid of them.
Yexcelltoolse.xyz ads are a result of users allowing push notifications from the site. While many might say that this is impossible as they never did so, it is important to know that website authors use various social engineering techniques to make sure that users accept the request to show push notifications.
The contents of Yexcelltoolse.xyz ads can be various, including legitimate adverts for software or services. However, since scammers use insecure advertising networks for monetization, they can be commonly exposed to fake virus infection alerts, get-rich-quick scams, gift card scams, and similar dangerous content. We recommend not interacting with any of it and following the guide to remove the annoying pop-ups from your device.
|Type||Push notifications, ads, pop-ups, scam|
|Distribution||The unwanted activity starts at some point after the Allow button is pressed within the notification prompt|
|Symptoms||You may start seeing intrusive pop-ups on your desktop – clicking these may lead to insecure or even malicious websites|
|Risks||Various security problems due to exposure to scams, monetary losses, system infections, etc.|
|Removal||Access browser settings to stop the unwanted push notifications. After that, make sure that your system is not infected with adware or malware – scan it with SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner|
|Other tips||Potentially unwanted applications often leave traces within web browsers – cookies, for example, are used for tracking. You should get rid of these leftovers with RestoroIntego or employ our manual guide|
Why you should avoid high-risk sites
Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge, or any other browser can be used to browse the internet by clicking links, accessing bookmarks, or entering the URL into the address bar. While using the latter method would provide the most accurate result, search engines and hyperlinks might be quite deceptive, and users might not be aware of what is coming next. This is precisely how most people encounter Yexcelltoolse.xyz.
Most commonly, websites of dubious origin are used to distribute malicious links. For example, cybercriminals often use peer-to-peer networks, sites that distribute software cracks, or allow illegal streaming of copyrighted content for various purposes simply because they lack basic security measures. In fact, some of these sites might be created by crooks themselves.
Users click on links they believe are for watching a video or downloading an illegal program. As soon as they do, they are quickly redirected to an unexpected site, for example, Yexcelltoolse.xyz, Alcovenin.xyz, News-nixigi.cc, or similar. Here, users can be asked to subscribe to fake services, download malicious software, or provide their personal details.
Alternatively, the redirect can occur even without clicking any links, as malicious scripts might be embedded as well. Ad-blockers and advanced security solutions can prevent these scripts from being executed, so it is best to employ these tools. Avoiding visitations to high-risk sites is the best protection means, however.
Adware is a relatively common, potentially unwanted software type that one could encounter from various sources, e.g., software bundle packages downloaded from third-party websites or misleading/fake advertisements. Likewise, some people might install adware intentionally without knowing about its full extent of operations.
Once installed, the most aggressive forms of adware can initiate intrusive pop-up ads, gather various user data/share it with third parties, and even initiate browser redirects, which could be one of the main reasons why you encountered Yexcelltoolse.xyz in the first place.
In order to check for adware quickly and easily, we recommend scanning the system with SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner, Malwarebytes, or another powerful anti-malware software. It is worth noting that security software won't clean cookies and some other leftover files, so we recommend using RestoroIntego for that purpose. The maintenance and repair tool can also fix various damage caused by a malware infection, ultimately resolving system crashes, errors, slowdowns, and other unrelated computer issues.
Yexcelltoolse.xyz asks users to enable notifications in a deceptive manner
Evidently, users do not accept receiving notifications from suspicious websites on purpose, but they are rather tricked into doing so. Since redirects to push notification scam sites happen unexpectedly, some users might not think through what is actually being asked of them and proceed with crooks' instructions. Here are a few examples you might expect:
- Click Allow to confirm that you are not a robot
- Press “Allow” to watch the video
- Click Allow to start downloading
- Can't play this video! Perhaps your browser doesn't allow video playback. Click Allow to continue.
- If you are 18+, click Allow, etc.
The push notification prompt's function is presented as something different – it is supposedly meant to allow video playback or confirm that visitors are not bots. However, these messages are fabricated and are perfect examples of social engineering used in practice.
Yexcelltoolse.xyz pop-up removal
While scanning the system with powerful security software will ensure that your computer is not infected (anymore), it won't remove the annoying push notifications, as it needs to be done manually. This is achievable by following these instructions:
Google Chrome (desktop):
- Open Google Chrome browser and go to Menu > Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Locate the Privacy and security section and pick Site Settings > Notifications.
- Look at the Allow section and look for a suspicious URL.
- Click the three vertical dots next to it and choose Block. This should remove unwanted notifications from Google Chrome.
Google Chrome (Android):
- Open Google Chrome and tap on Settings (three vertical dots).
- Select Notifications.
- Scroll down to the Sites section.
- Locate the unwanted URL and toggle the button to the left (Off setting).
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to Menu > Options.
- Click on Privacy & Security section.
- Under Permissions, you should be able to see Notifications. Click the Settings button.
- In the Settings – Notification Permissions window, click on the drop-down menu by the URL in question.
- Select Block and then click on Save Changes. This should remove unwanted notifications from Mozilla Firefox.
MS Edge (Chromium):
- Open Microsoft Edge, and go to Settings.
- Select Site permissions.
- Go to Notifications on the right.
- Under Allow, you will find the unwanted entry.
- Click on More actions and select Block.
- Click on Safari > Preferences…
- Go to the Websites tab and, under General, select Notifications.
- Select the web address in question, click the drop-down menu and select Deny.
- Open Internet Explorer, and click on the Gear icon at the top-right of the window.
- Select Internet options and go to the Privacy tab.
- In the Pop-up Blocker section, click on Settings.
- Locate web address in question under Allowed sites and pick Remove.
How to prevent from getting adware
Protect your privacy – employ a VPN
There are several ways how to make your online time more private – you can access an incognito tab. However, there is no secret that even in this mode, you are tracked for advertising purposes. There is a way to add an extra layer of protection and create a completely anonymous web browsing practice with the help of Private Internet Access VPN. This software reroutes traffic through different servers, thus leaving your IP address and geolocation in disguise. Besides, it is based on a strict no-log policy, meaning that no data will be recorded, leaked, and available for both first and third parties. The combination of a secure web browser and Private Internet Access VPN will let you browse the Internet without a feeling of being spied or targeted by criminals.
No backups? No problem. Use a data recovery tool
If you wonder how data loss can occur, you should not look any further for answers – human errors, malware attacks, hardware failures, power cuts, natural disasters, or even simple negligence. In some cases, lost files are extremely important, and many straight out panic when such an unfortunate course of events happen. Due to this, you should always ensure that you prepare proper data backups on a regular basis.
If you were caught by surprise and did not have any backups to restore your files from, not everything is lost. Data Recovery Pro is one of the leading file recovery solutions you can find on the market – it is likely to restore even lost emails or data located on an external device.
- ^ Josep Albors. Malicious scripts in compromised websites and how to protect yourself. WeLiveSecurity. ESET security research blog.
- ^ Chris Hoffman. What Is a Browser Cookie?. How-To Geek. Site that explains technology.
- ^ Social engineering (security). Wikipedia. The free encyclopedia.