Should you remove ArcadeBunny virus?
ArcadeBunny virus is not a pleasant program at all, and users should beware of the ads that it showcases. This potentially unwanted adware program can be installed directly from its official website in exchange to get access to free “Premium” games. This program generates ArcadeBunny ads based on user’s interests because it collects personally non-identifiable information and saves it in log files. For example, it silently collects user’s IP address, URLs clicked, the content of web pages visited, search queries, and similar information. What is more, this application transfers such information to third-party partners and then selects targeted advertisements for each user who has this adware installed on the system. These ads can show up in various forms, including in-text, transitional, banner, pop-up and pop-under ads. Despite the fact that these ads are intrusive and show up at random times during browsing sessions, they can be highly dangerous, too.
Questions about ArcadeBunny ads
The main and the most decisive reason not to click on these ads is that authors of this adware do not endorse the content of third-party advertisements they display. Therefore, it means that these ads might link you to insecure places on the Internet, possibly filled with questionable content. You might even be redirected to sites that provide malicious content! And in such case, the developer of this adware program will not be responsible for any damage you might encounter by interacting with third-party content. We believe that you should question the reliability of this program and ask yourself whether you want to receive such vague advertisements. Remove ArcadeBunny adware if you do not want to receive these untrustworthy third-party ads in the future. You can uninstall this adware with Reimage or with the help of ArcadeBunny removal guide, provided at the end of this post.
What if you cannot recall installing this program on your PC?
If you haven’t installed this ad-supported software, then ArcadeBunny hijack might be the reason why it is now on your computer system. Potentially unwanted programs often nicely delude computer users and force them to install them when they arrive into the system alongside freeware or shareware. Users tend to trust “recommended” software installation settings, and that is the primary reason why they install ad-supported software unknowingly. The “recommended” settings cannot be trusted as they typically conceal several optional programs that are bundled with the main software. If the user does not opt these additions out, they get installed without displaying any additional notification or a warning. Besides, all that is done with one installation setup – no other installation wizards are shown. The user might notice these bundled programs on the system only after completing the installation process.
How to uninstall ArcadeBunny?
If these ads have already started bothering you, do not test your patience dealing with them and do not waste your time trying to close these pop-up windows, banners, and other forms of ads by clicking “X” button repeatedly. The only way to completely remove ArcadeBunny virus is to uninstall it from the system. You can do that manually, if you wish, however, the most efficient way to complete ArcadeBunny removal is to use a precise automatic spyware removal tool. If you do not have such program, we suggest you to install one of the programs listed below or choose one from “Software” section.
You can remove ArcadeBunny automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Malwarebytes, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareNorton Internet Security. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove ArcadeBunny ads, follow these steps:
Delete ArcadeBunny from Windows systems
Check your system and remove ArcadeBunny software. Then, follow further instructions and uninstall ArcadeBunny extension from Safari, Chrome and Firefox.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
Uninstall ArcadeBunny and related programs
Here, look for ArcadeBunny or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Uninstall ArcadeBunny from Mac OS X system
Delete ArcadeBunny app and then check Safari, Chrome, and Firefox browsers for extensions related to this program.
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for ArcadeBunny or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Eliminate ArcadeBunny from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select ArcadeBunny and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete ArcadeBunny removal.
Get rid of ArcadeBunny from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select ArcadeBunny and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete ArcadeBunny removal.
Delete ArcadeBunny from Safari
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for ArcadeBunny or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete ArcadeBunny removal process.