ArcadeBunny ads Removal Guide
What is ArcadeBunny ads?
Should you remove ArcadeBunny virus?
ArcadeBunny virus is not a pleasant program at all, and users should beware of the ads that it showcases. This potentially unwanted adware program can be installed directly from its official website in exchange to get access to free “Premium” games. This program generates ArcadeBunny ads based on user’s interests because it collects personally non-identifiable information and saves it in log files. For example, it silently collects user’s IP address, URLs clicked, the content of web pages visited, search queries, and similar information. What is more, this application transfers such information to third-party partners and then selects targeted advertisements for each user who has this adware installed on the system. These ads can show up in various forms, including in-text, transitional, banner, pop-up and pop-under ads. Despite the fact that these ads are intrusive and show up at random times during browsing sessions, they can be highly dangerous, too.
The main and the most decisive reason not to click on these ads is that authors of this adware do not endorse the content of third-party advertisements they display. Therefore, it means that these ads might link you to insecure places on the Internet, possibly filled with questionable content. You might even be redirected to sites that provide malicious content! And in such case, the developer of this adware program will not be responsible for any damage you might encounter by interacting with third-party content. We believe that you should question the reliability of this program and ask yourself whether you want to receive such vague advertisements. Remove ArcadeBunny adware if you do not want to receive these untrustworthy third-party ads in the future. You can uninstall this adware with FortectIntego or with the help of ArcadeBunny removal guide, provided at the end of this post.
What if you cannot recall installing this program on your PC?
If you haven’t installed this ad-supported software, then ArcadeBunny hijack might be the reason why it is now on your computer system. Potentially unwanted programs often nicely delude computer users and force them to install them when they arrive into the system alongside freeware or shareware. Users tend to trust “recommended” software installation settings, and that is the primary reason why they install ad-supported software unknowingly. The “recommended” settings cannot be trusted as they typically conceal several optional programs that are bundled with the main software. If the user does not opt these additions out, they get installed without displaying any additional notification or a warning. Besides, all that is done with one installation setup – no other installation wizards are shown. The user might notice these bundled programs on the system only after completing the installation process.
How to uninstall ArcadeBunny?
If these ads have already started bothering you, do not test your patience dealing with them and do not waste your time trying to close these pop-up windows, banners, and other forms of ads by clicking “X” button repeatedly. The only way to completely remove ArcadeBunny virus is to uninstall it from the system. You can do that manually, if you wish, however, the most efficient way to complete ArcadeBunny removal is to use a precise automatic spyware removal tool. If you do not have such program, we suggest you to install one of the programs listed below or choose one from “Software” section.
You may remove virus damage with a help of FortectIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Getting rid of ArcadeBunny ads. Follow these steps
Uninstall from Windows
Check your system and remove ArcadeBunny software. Then, follow further instructions and uninstall ArcadeBunny extension from Safari, Chrome and Firefox.
Instructions for Windows 10/8 machines:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find the entry of the suspicious program.
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
If you are Windows 7/XP user, proceed with the following instructions:
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
Delete from macOS
Delete ArcadeBunny app and then check Safari, Chrome, and Firefox browsers for extensions related to this program.
Remove items from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for all related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove an unwanted app, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the related .plist files.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the Menu (three horizontal lines at the top-right of the window).
- Select Add-ons.
- In here, select unwanted plugin and click Remove.
Reset the homepage:
- Click three horizontal lines at the top right corner to open the menu.
- Choose Options.
- Under Home options, enter your preferred site that will open every time you newly open the Mozilla Firefox.
Clear cookies and site data:
- Click Menu and pick Settings.
- Go to Privacy & Security section.
- Scroll down to locate Cookies and Site Data.
- Click on Clear Data…
- Select Cookies and Site Data, as well as Cached Web Content and press Clear.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
If clearing the browser as explained above did not help, reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click the Menu.
- Go to Help and then choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Under Give Firefox a tune up section, click on Refresh Firefox…
- Once the pop-up shows up, confirm the action by pressing on Refresh Firefox.
Remove from Google Chrome
Delete malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Menu (three vertical dots at the top-right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the newly opened window, you will see all the installed extensions. Uninstall all the suspicious plugins that might be related to the unwanted program by clicking Remove.
Clear cache and web data from Chrome:
- Click on Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
Change your homepage:
- Click menu and choose Settings.
- Look for a suspicious site in the On startup section.
- Click on Open a specific or set of pages and click on three dots to find the Remove option.
Reset Google Chrome:
If the previous methods did not help you, reset Google Chrome to eliminate all the unwanted components:
- Click on Menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings, scroll down and click Advanced.
- Scroll down and locate Reset and clean up section.
- Now click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Confirm with Reset settings.
Delete from Safari
Remove unwanted extensions from Safari:
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- In the new window, pick Extensions.
- Select the unwanted extension and select Uninstall.
Clear cookies and other website data from Safari:
- Click Safari > Clear History…
- From the drop-down menu under Clear, pick all history.
- Confirm with Clear History.
Reset Safari if the above-mentioned steps did not help you:
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- Go to Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar.
- From the menu bar, click Develop, and then select Empty Caches.
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of ArcadeBunny registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: FortectIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
How to prevent from getting adware
Protect your privacy – employ a VPN
There are several ways how to make your online time more private – you can access an incognito tab. However, there is no secret that even in this mode, you are tracked for advertising purposes. There is a way to add an extra layer of protection and create a completely anonymous web browsing practice with the help of Private Internet Access VPN. This software reroutes traffic through different servers, thus leaving your IP address and geolocation in disguise. Besides, it is based on a strict no-log policy, meaning that no data will be recorded, leaked, and available for both first and third parties. The combination of a secure web browser and Private Internet Access VPN will let you browse the Internet without a feeling of being spied or targeted by criminals.
No backups? No problem. Use a data recovery tool
If you wonder how data loss can occur, you should not look any further for answers – human errors, malware attacks, hardware failures, power cuts, natural disasters, or even simple negligence. In some cases, lost files are extremely important, and many straight out panic when such an unfortunate course of events happen. Due to this, you should always ensure that you prepare proper data backups on a regular basis.
If you were caught by surprise and did not have any backups to restore your files from, not everything is lost. Data Recovery Pro is one of the leading file recovery solutions you can find on the market – it is likely to restore even lost emails or data located on an external device.