What is BestBackground Toolbar?
BestBackground Toolbar is distributed as a free tool enabling family ancestry search, family tree building, family member search and other service related to family and its relationships. However, our team has initiated a research on it and found out that it might be used for promotion of third-party websites. Despite the fact that it might provide some useful features, the cons of it should make you think twice before installing this browser extension to your PC.
Once installed, BestBackground app may not only install a toolbar on each of your web browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer) but also replace your default start page, search provider and a new tab window with search.myway.com or another version of Ask Search. Are you going through this experience right now? We advise you to avoid using this search engine because it may cause BestBackground redirects to affiliate websites. Besides, it may install tracking cookies and continuously transmit your search terms, and websites accessed, interaction with ads, IP address, PC’s location and similar information to third-party advertisers who may later prepare customized advertisements and flood your browser with them. Nevertheless, despite being non-malicious, BestBackground redirects can make you visit questionable third-party websites that may be filled with doubtfully reliable content. It is not surprising why the developers of this toolbar claim that they are not going to be liable for any damage you may experience while exploring the content of such sites:
MS Products are exposed to various security issues, and should be regarded as unsecure. […]
MS has no control over such sites and resources, in which you acknowledge and agree that MS is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse nor responsible or liable for any content […] from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that MS shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content […] goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Do you want to visit such doubtful web sources? If not, you should get rid of this questionable toolbar as it seems to be hardly useful. To learn how to remove it, study the BestBackground Toolbar removal instructions that are provided on page 2.
How can I install BestBackground Toolbar?
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of BestBackground Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove this program from the computer?
BestBackground removal is strongly advised for those who want to stay away from suspicious websites. Follow the steps below to find out how to remove this program from your PC:
- Uninstall programs that are related to BestBackground from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for BestBackground Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (BestBackground Toolbar, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.