What is known about MetroHotspot Toolbar?
MS Products are exposed to various security issues, and should be regarded as unsecure. By accepting this Agreement, you acknowledge and accept that the MS Products and any information you download or offer to share by means of an MS Product, may be exposed to unauthorized access, interception, corruption, damage or misuse, and should be regarded as insecure. You accept all responsibility for such security risks and any damage resulting therefrom.
In fact, we can inform you in advance that you have to be very careful when downloading this Toolbar because it may change your start page or the default search engine to MyWay.com. Do you know what it is? MyWay is a customized version of Ask search. Therefore, if you install this the toolbar, you automatically agree to install not only MetroHotspot Toolbar, but also allow search.myway.com to settle withing your web browser as a default start page, search provider, and a new tab. After that, you may start receiving commercial search results because the main task of this toolbar is to promote affiliate parties and make people visit websites, which rank is still very low. Therefore, if you want to avoid visiting questionable websites, we recommend removing this toolbar from the system.
How can I add MetroHotspot Toolbar to my computer?
It’s obvious why MetroHotspot Toolbar has been categorized as a potentially unwanted program. Security experts have noted it’s tendency to replace user’s default search provider and a homepage without a permission asked. After that, it may start promoting affiliate parties and initiate other really questionable activities. Fortunately, it’s not difficult to block the entrance of additional search engines when downloading MetroHotspot Toolbar. Whenever you install it, you should: 1) Read as much information about it as possible; 2) Avoid Quick or Basic installation mode; 3) Opt for Advanced/Custom installation; 4) Analyze the entire installation wizard; 5) Find the list of ‘optional downloads along the way; 6) Deselect all additional components in order to keep computer PUP-free.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal ofMetroHotspot Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove MetroHotspot?
MetroHotspot Toolbar removal can be performed with the help of this guide:
- Uninstall programs that are related to MetroHotspot Toolbar from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for MetroHotspot Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (MetroHotspot, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.