Shop-Up is a legitimate program, which displays commercial pop-up ads that are filled with various notifications about discounts, coupons and similar deals. No matter that this program is not a 'virus' or 'malware', it may infiltrate your computer without any permission asked. Once it is installed on the system, it may become a really annoying application that interrupts your browsing sessions and shows undesired ads every time you start searching the web. Beware that these ads are mostly filled with links that seek to make people visit related websites, so there is no guarantee that you will save the money with a help of Shop-Up. We recommend avoiding Shop-Up Ads and checking your computer with updated anti-spyware as soon as you notice this program on it.
HOW CAN I INSTALL SHOP-UP?
Shop-Up is mostly distributed in a bundle with freeware and shareware. You can be tricked into installing it when downloading freeware and shareware on your computer without paying much attention to its installation process. If you want to avoid this application, try to keep an eye on freeware's installation process, find the check mark, which agrees to download Shop-Up, and uncheck it. If you missed this step. soon you will notice that, no matter which browser you use, you see continuous ads that say: 'Ads by Shop-Up'. As we have already said, you should be very careful with them because they may redirect you to unsafe website. For eliminating these messages, you should follow this guide:
HOW TO REMOVE 'ADS BY SHOP-UP'?
If you see continuous ads from Shop-Up and you want to get rid of them, you should firstly scan the system with updated anti-spyware. For that we recommend using Malwarebytes, Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareNorton Internet Security. After that, follow this guide to remove this program completely:
- Uninstall Shop-up via Add/Remove Programs list. For that, use these instructions:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Shop-Up and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Finally, remove Shop-Up add-on from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for Shop-Up and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find Shop-Up and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look Shop-Up extension and get rid of it by clicking on the Recycle Bin.