Skywebber is another potentially unwanted program (PUP), which displays commercial ads and deals that offer to compare prices or notify about discounts and other deals. Most of its victims believe that they see these ads because specific websites are showing them. Please, stop making this mistake. In reality, you see Skywebber’s Ads because this program is installed on your computer. Note that this application is compatible with all main web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. No matter that Skywebber may seem like a trustworthy application that can help you save some money, we don’t recommend keeping it on your computer because it clearly promotes related websites. Besides, it relies on unfair distribution methods and also initiates system changes without a clear permission asked. If you want to avoid them, you should remove Skywebber from your computer.
HOW CAN Skywebber INFILTRATE MY COMPUTER?
Skywebber is mostly distributed with a help of unfair distribution method, which is called ‘bundling’. This distribution way is closely related to freeware and shareware, which is always filled with various ‘free additions’. In order to avoid them, you have to keep an eye on every installation window of the freeware and uncheck those checkboxes that agree to install Skywebber of similar add-on. As soon as it is downloaded, users start seeing its pop up ads that tshow up when visiting Facebook, Amazon, eBay and many other similar websites. If you want to get rid of them, you should waste no time and remove Skywebber from the system.
HOW TO REMOVE Skywebber?
If you want to get rid of Skywebber's ads, you must remove this program from the system. For that, you should firstly scan computer with one of these antiviruses: Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus and Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
As soon as you remove malicious entries from the system, look for this program on Add/Remove Programs list. For that:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Skywebber and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
After that, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Skywebber and any other unknown extension.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Skywebber and other entries that are unknown for you, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find Skywebber and other unknown extensions, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine