Zodiac Game ads Removal Guide
What is Zodiac Game ads?
Zodiac Game ads – why do they appear on your screen?
Zodiac Game virus, which is also known as zodiac-game.info virus, is a highly intrusive computer program that manages to hijack computer systems silently. It appears that it has been created for the Russian market since it provides content in The Russian language. This potentially unwanted program (PUP) displays web advertisements that can trick inattentive computer users into clicking on bogus links, ads or articles that can lead to possibly dangerous websites. You might soon notice that Zodiac Game ads appear in new tabs, windows, or show up as full-screen ads. No matter what these ads promise to show you, do not trust them! By clicking on these ads, you risk exposing your computer system to potential hazards. These suspicious ads can take you to websites promoting different adware or browser hijackers, and in the worst scenario – malicious programs. Please do your best to keep your computer free of such programs. They cannot do anything beneficial, so it goes without saying that they deserve to be removed. We would also like to add that you should keep all your personal data to yourself. If you ever get redirected to a suspicious website that asks to provide credit card details, full name, email address and similar information in order to participate in some shady lottery or a survey, quit such site immediately!
Zodiac Game adware inserts tracking cookies into web browsers and tracks user’s activities, for instance, browsing and search activity, clicks, IP address, and similar data. After collecting such data, this ad-supported program uses it for marketing purposes and later on serves targeted advertisements for the user. This is done in order to select tailored ads for an individual computer user and boost their likelihood of getting clicked. The more ads get clicked, the more revenue the developer of this adware generates – it is as simple as that. However, please keep in mind that you can never know what awaits you behind these ads, so remember to be careful. If you do not want to receive these ads, just remove Zodiac Game from your system. You can use ReimageIntego or a similar spyware removal software for that. Download it, install it, and then scan your PC system with it.
Methods of distribution
Zodiac Game removal techniques explained
You have learned how to prevent installing potentially unwanted programs, and we have also explained how Zodiac Game virus acts. Now you just need to learn how to uninstall it. You can remove Zodiac Game using anti-malware software – it is the easiest, fastest, and safest method of removing spyware and malware type programs. If you do not have an anti-spyware nor anti-malware software, we suggest using these Zodiac Game removal instructions that we have prepared. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this program or its removal. You can also share your opinions and tips in the comment section below.
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Getting rid of Zodiac Game ads. Follow these steps
Uninstall from Windows
Remove all programs related to Zodiac Game from your PC. Be strict and remove all programs that you cannot remember installing as well!
Instructions for Windows 10/8 machines:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find the entry of the suspicious program.
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
If you are Windows 7/XP user, proceed with the following instructions:
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
Delete from macOS
Delete Zodiac Game and related suspicious applications from your Mac using these instructions:
Remove items from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for all related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove an unwanted app, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the related .plist files.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the Menu (three horizontal lines at the top-right of the window).
- Select Add-ons.
- In here, select unwanted plugin and click Remove.
Reset the homepage:
- Click three horizontal lines at the top right corner to open the menu.
- Choose Options.
- Under Home options, enter your preferred site that will open every time you newly open the Mozilla Firefox.
Clear cookies and site data:
- Click Menu and pick Settings.
- Go to Privacy & Security section.
- Scroll down to locate Cookies and Site Data.
- Click on Clear Data…
- Select Cookies and Site Data, as well as Cached Web Content and press Clear.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
If clearing the browser as explained above did not help, reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click the Menu.
- Go to Help and then choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Under Give Firefox a tune up section, click on Refresh Firefox…
- Once the pop-up shows up, confirm the action by pressing on Refresh Firefox.
Remove from Google Chrome
Delete malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Menu (three vertical dots at the top-right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the newly opened window, you will see all the installed extensions. Uninstall all the suspicious plugins that might be related to the unwanted program by clicking Remove.
Clear cache and web data from Chrome:
- Click on Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
Change your homepage:
- Click menu and choose Settings.
- Look for a suspicious site in the On startup section.
- Click on Open a specific or set of pages and click on three dots to find the Remove option.
Reset Google Chrome:
If the previous methods did not help you, reset Google Chrome to eliminate all the unwanted components:
- Click on Menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings, scroll down and click Advanced.
- Scroll down and locate Reset and clean up section.
- Now click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Confirm with Reset settings.
Delete from Safari
Remove unwanted extensions from Safari:
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- In the new window, pick Extensions.
- Select the unwanted extension and select Uninstall.
Clear cookies and other website data from Safari:
- Click Safari > Clear History…
- From the drop-down menu under Clear, pick all history.
- Confirm with Clear History.
Reset Safari if the above-mentioned steps did not help you:
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- Go to Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar.
- From the menu bar, click Develop, and then select Empty Caches.
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Zodiac Game registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
How to prevent from getting adware
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address.
If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for the server or network manager that needs to monitor connections and activities. VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world.
Recover files after data-affecting malware attacks
While much of the data can be accidentally deleted due to various reasons, malware is one of the main culprits that can cause loss of pictures, documents, videos, and other important files. More serious malware infections lead to significant data loss when your documents, system files, and images get encrypted. In particular, ransomware is is a type of malware that focuses on such functions, so your files become useless without an ability to access them.
Even though there is little to no possibility to recover after file-locking threats, some applications have features for data recovery in the system. In some cases, Data Recovery Pro can also help to recover at least some portion of your data after data-locking virus infection or general cyber infection.