Zodiac Game ads – why do they appear on your screen?
Zodiac Game virus, which is also known as zodiac-game.info virus, is a highly intrusive computer program that manages to hijack computer systems silently. It appears that it has been created for the Russian market since it provides content in The Russian language. This potentially unwanted program (PUP) displays web advertisements that can trick inattentive computer users into clicking on bogus links, ads or articles that can lead to possibly dangerous websites. You might soon notice that Zodiac Game ads appear in new tabs, windows, or show up as full-screen ads. No matter what these ads promise to show you, do not trust them! By clicking on these ads, you risk exposing your computer system to potential hazards. These suspicious ads can take you to websites promoting different adware or browser hijackers, and in the worst scenario – malicious programs. Please do your best to keep your computer free of such programs. They cannot do anything beneficial, so it goes without saying that they deserve to be removed. We would also like to add that you should keep all your personal data to yourself. If you ever get redirected to a suspicious website that asks to provide credit card details, full name, email address and similar information in order to participate in some shady lottery or a survey, quit such site immediately!
Zodiac Game adware inserts tracking cookies into web browsers and tracks user’s activities, for instance, browsing and search activity, clicks, IP address, and similar data. After collecting such data, this ad-supported program uses it for marketing purposes and later on serves targeted advertisements for the user. This is done in order to select tailored ads for an individual computer user and boost their likelihood of getting clicked. The more ads get clicked, the more revenue the developer of this adware generates – it is as simple as that. However, please keep in mind that you can never know what awaits you behind these ads, so remember to be careful. If you do not want to receive these ads, just remove Zodiac Game from your system. You can use Reimage or a similar spyware removal software for that. Download it, install it, and then scan your PC system with it.
Methods of distribution
Zodiac Game removal techniques explained
You have learned how to prevent installing potentially unwanted programs, and we have also explained how Zodiac Game virus acts. Now you just need to learn how to uninstall it. You can remove Zodiac Game using anti-malware software – it is the easiest, fastest, and safest method of removing spyware and malware type programs. If you do not have an anti-spyware nor anti-malware software, we suggest using these Zodiac Game removal instructions that we have prepared. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this program or its removal. You can also share your opinions and tips in the comment section below.
You can remove Zodiac Game automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Zodiac Game ads Removal Guide:
Remove Zodiac Game from Windows systems
Remove all programs related to Zodiac Game from your PC. Be strict and remove all programs that you cannot remember installing as well!
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
Uninstall Zodiac Game and related programs
Here, look for Zodiac Game or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Zodiac Game from Mac OS X system
Delete Zodiac Game and related suspicious applications from your Mac using these instructions:
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Zodiac Game or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Remove Zodiac Game from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Zodiac Game and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Zodiac Game removal.
Remove Zodiac Game from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Zodiac Game and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Zodiac Game removal.
Remove Zodiac Game from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Zodiac Game and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Zodiac Game removal.
Remove Zodiac Game from Safari
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Zodiac Game or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Zodiac Game removal process.