DPower – adware which is also considered as a PUP due to its ability to enter the PC secretly
DPower adware - a PUP which produces numerous ads for beneficial reasons.
Questions about DPower virus
|Can be recognized by||Marks such as “DPower ads” and other similar ones|
|Adverts' types||Pop-ups, banners, coupons|
|Distribution||Through other software|
|Prevention||Use the Custom/Advanced installation mode|
|Deletion||Install Reimage to get rid of the adware infection automatically|
You should act carefully if have you discovered DPower ads on your computer. Who knows, maybe you will be convinced to install a rogue anti-spyware program, another ad-supported app or a browser hijacker. Therefore, we highly recommend you to stay alert while browsing the Internet and not agree to install everything that the Internet can offer you.
By the way, have you noticed how attractive these ads look? They display great shopping deals, discount codes, price comparisons, suggestions to participate in surveys and online lotteries. Who would not want to explore such deals? Sadly, these ads are based on user’s web browsing habits, because just like any other ad-supported piece of software, it monitors user’s activity online by injecting tracking cookies into web browsers.
As a result, the user’s browsing history, search queries, time spent on specific websites, referral information, and similar data will be collected. If you do not want to allow this program to collect such data about your browsing habits, then just remove DPower virus from the computer and clean browsers from all unwanted browser extensions and plug-ins.
DPower adware removal can be finished using the anti-malware tool, for example, Reimage. Moreover, if you are searching for the manual elimination instructions, we have provided ones below this article. Be careful while completing each step as this method requires more of the user's effort and attention to be done properly.
Adware distribution techniques
According to computer experts, it is easy to give permission to install a program; users install and uninstall computer programs every day, but they can easily prevent potentially unwanted programs from slithering into their computer systems by following a few simple rules:
The user must understand that it is essential to know how to install freeware. Such applications almost always offer to install optional applications alongside them, so the user has to reject such offers since such bundled programs often appear to be useless spyware type computer parasites.
To refuse to install them, the user has to access Advanced/Custom installation settings and adjust additional components. We recommend deselecting all of them – this way only the primary program will be installed. Note that the Quick/Recommended option should be deselected also. This will help to avoid secret installations of various dubious programs.
If you want to remove DPower virus, you need to choose either automatic or manual removal option and eliminate this adware-type program from the system. Of course, if the user is not an amateur in computing, he/she should not have any problems removing this program. Otherwise, the automatical adware elimination method is recommended.
For the DPower adware removal, you have to download and set up a spyware/malware removal tool on the computer and scan the system with it to automatically catch all dangerous or unpleasant programs and delete them all at once. If you are a computer user who has its computer infected with this program, then we highly recommend you to use our suggested security software.
You can remove virus damage automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, SpyHunterCombo Cleaner, Malwarebytes Malwarebytes. We recommend these applications because they detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove DPower virus, follow these steps:
Eliminate DPower from Windows systems
Clean your Windows operating system from the adware infection. Use these instructions to complete such goal:
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
Uninstall DPower and related programs
Here, look for DPower or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove DPower from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for DPower and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete DPower removal.
Get rid of DPower from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select DPower and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete DPower removal.
Erase DPower from Google Chrome
Refresh Google Chrome and get rid of all adware-added components by using this guide:
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select DPower and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete DPower removal.
Eliminate DPower from Safari
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for DPower or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete DPower removal process.