DPower virus Removal Guide
What is DPower virus?
DPower – adware which is also considered as a PUP due to its ability to enter the PC secretly
DPower adware - a PUP which produces numerous ads for beneficial reasons.
|Can be recognized by||Marks such as “DPower ads” and other similar ones|
|Adverts' types||Pop-ups, banners, coupons|
|Distribution||Through other software|
|Prevention||Use the Custom/Advanced installation mode|
|Deletion||Install ReimageIntego to get rid of the adware infection automatically|
You should act carefully if have you discovered DPower ads on your computer. Who knows, maybe you will be convinced to install a rogue anti-spyware program, another ad-supported app or a browser hijacker. Therefore, we highly recommend you to stay alert while browsing the Internet and not agree to install everything that the Internet can offer you.
By the way, have you noticed how attractive these ads look? They display great shopping deals, discount codes, price comparisons, suggestions to participate in surveys and online lotteries. Who would not want to explore such deals? Sadly, these ads are based on user’s web browsing habits, because just like any other ad-supported piece of software, it monitors user’s activity online by injecting tracking cookies into web browsers.
As a result, the user’s browsing history, search queries, time spent on specific websites, referral information, and similar data will be collected. If you do not want to allow this program to collect such data about your browsing habits, then just remove DPower virus from the computer and clean browsers from all unwanted browser extensions and plug-ins.
DPower adware removal can be finished using the anti-malware tool, for example, ReimageIntego. Moreover, if you are searching for the manual elimination instructions, we have provided ones below this article. Be careful while completing each step as this method requires more of the user's effort and attention to be done properly.
DPower PUP - an ad-supported program which enters the system through bundled freeware or shareware.
Adware distribution techniques
According to computer experts, it is easy to give permission to install a program; users install and uninstall computer programs every day, but they can easily prevent potentially unwanted programs from slithering into their computer systems by following a few simple rules:
The user must understand that it is essential to know how to install freeware. Such applications almost always offer to install optional applications alongside them, so the user has to reject such offers since such bundled programs often appear to be useless spyware type computer parasites.
To refuse to install them, the user has to access Advanced/Custom installation settings and adjust additional components. We recommend deselecting all of them – this way only the primary program will be installed. Note that the Quick/Recommended option should be deselected also. This will help to avoid secret installations of various dubious programs.
If you want to remove DPower virus, you need to choose either automatic or manual removal option and eliminate this adware-type program from the system. Of course, if the user is not an amateur in computing, he/she should not have any problems removing this program. Otherwise, the automatical adware elimination method is recommended.
For the DPower adware removal, you have to download and set up a spyware/malware removal tool on the computer and scan the system with it to automatically catch all dangerous or unpleasant programs and delete them all at once. If you are a computer user who has its computer infected with this program, then we highly recommend you to use our suggested security software.
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Getting rid of DPower virus. Follow these steps
Uninstall from Windows
Clean your Windows operating system from the adware infection. Use these instructions to complete such goal:
Instructions for Windows 10/8 machines:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find the entry of the suspicious program.
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
If you are Windows 7/XP user, proceed with the following instructions:
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the Menu (three horizontal lines at the top-right of the window).
- Select Add-ons.
- In here, select unwanted plugin and click Remove.
Reset the homepage:
- Click three horizontal lines at the top right corner to open the menu.
- Choose Options.
- Under Home options, enter your preferred site that will open every time you newly open the Mozilla Firefox.
Clear cookies and site data:
- Click Menu and pick Settings.
- Go to Privacy & Security section.
- Scroll down to locate Cookies and Site Data.
- Click on Clear Data…
- Select Cookies and Site Data, as well as Cached Web Content and press Clear.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
If clearing the browser as explained above did not help, reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click the Menu.
- Go to Help and then choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Under Give Firefox a tune up section, click on Refresh Firefox…
- Once the pop-up shows up, confirm the action by pressing on Refresh Firefox.
Remove from Google Chrome
Refresh Google Chrome and get rid of all adware-added components by using this guide:
Delete malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Menu (three vertical dots at the top-right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the newly opened window, you will see all the installed extensions. Uninstall all the suspicious plugins that might be related to the unwanted program by clicking Remove.
Clear cache and web data from Chrome:
- Click on Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
Change your homepage:
- Click menu and choose Settings.
- Look for a suspicious site in the On startup section.
- Click on Open a specific or set of pages and click on three dots to find the Remove option.
Reset Google Chrome:
If the previous methods did not help you, reset Google Chrome to eliminate all the unwanted components:
- Click on Menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings, scroll down and click Advanced.
- Scroll down and locate Reset and clean up section.
- Now click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Confirm with Reset settings.
Delete from Safari
Remove unwanted extensions from Safari:
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- In the new window, pick Extensions.
- Select the unwanted extension and select Uninstall.
Clear cookies and other website data from Safari:
- Click Safari > Clear History…
- From the drop-down menu under Clear, pick all history.
- Confirm with Clear History.
Reset Safari if the above-mentioned steps did not help you:
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- Go to Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar.
- From the menu bar, click Develop, and then select Empty Caches.
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of DPower registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
How to prevent from getting adware
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address.
If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for the server or network manager that needs to monitor connections and activities. VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world.
Recover files after data-affecting malware attacks
While much of the data can be accidentally deleted due to various reasons, malware is one of the main culprits that can cause loss of pictures, documents, videos, and other important files. More serious malware infections lead to significant data loss when your documents, system files, and images get encrypted. In particular, ransomware is is a type of malware that focuses on such functions, so your files become useless without an ability to access them.
Even though there is little to no possibility to recover after file-locking threats, some applications have features for data recovery in the system. In some cases, Data Recovery Pro can also help to recover at least some portion of your data after data-locking virus infection or general cyber infection.