What is FunPopularGames Toolbar?
FunPopularGames Toolbar is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) created by a developer, which is well known to computer security experts for the production of adware, plug-ins and add-ons. Examples include Free Radio Cast Toolbar, RecipeSearch Toolbar, WebmailWorld Toolbar and much more.
FunPopularGames Toolbar states that it will provide ”over 500 free games to play”, including ”card & board, sports & action, free casino games” that you can play by yourself or against others. The official FunPopularGames website informs that it provides an Internet toolbar with a search engine as well. Despite the fun-looking appearance and the practicality of this toolbar, this app is not that useful at all. First of all, once installed, it affects your web browsers, makes changes to default homepage settings and starts to generate countless advertisements based on your web activity and the search terms that you use the most.Yes, this application is capable of collecting information about your activity on the Internet. On top of that, all these advertisements that will show up as pop-ups, banners and in-text links will slow down your computer’s performance.
What’s worth to know is that this program is sponsored by third-parties and gains pay-per-click revenue from questionable websites that it promotes. That means, that if you would click on any of those advertisements, you may be redirected to suspicious websites that can include malicious content. If you’re browsing through insecure web pages, remember – sometimes one click can initiate an installation of a computer parasite or a threat. If you do not want to expose your system for such risks, we recommend installing a reputable anti-spyware program, which will wipe untrustworthy applications off your computer.
How can FunPopularGames Toolbar infiltrate my computer?
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of FunPopularGames Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove FunPopularGames Toolbar?
If you have already realized that this program just makes shallow promises of its utilities, and if you do not want to see those interruptive ads anymore, you should get rid of FunPopularGames Toolbar. You can do it with a help of an anti-spyware, which will detect and eliminate all FunPopularGames Toolbar files for good, or you can uninstall it manually with a help from our security experts. We have provided the removal instructions below the article – follow them and you will remove FunPopularGames Toolbar permanently.
- Uninstall programs that are related to FunPopularGames Toolbar from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for FunPopularGames Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (FunPopularGames Toolbar, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.