What is Filmfanatic toolbar?
Filmfanatic toolbar is a free tool that is spread on the Internet promoted as an amazing application for watching movies. As the official website states, “‘FilmFanatic™ is a free browser tool that allows you to watch films and browse movies, show times and movie reviews. Using computer programs for movie downloads can be confusing, slow and may even put your computer at risk. FilmFanatic™ makes watching your favorite films easy and painless. FilmFanatic™ is the secret movie-watching tool that show business doesn’t want you to know about!” First of all, this site guarantees free movies, which is a little bit suspicious because free access to movies can be found on illegal websites…
What methods does the developer use to spread Filmfanatic toolbar?
There are two ways Filmfanatic toolbar could reach your computer – if you have downloaded it directly from their official page by your own wish, or if you have agreed to install this program without your knowledge at all. You may ask, how could this happen? Well, the developers of such unwanted applications are very resourceful and find smart ways to spread their products seamlessly. One of the most popular ways to spread adware, browser hijackers, plug-in and add-ons is to bundle these applications together with legitimate programs in one pack. So do not rely upon unofficial websites of the free programs, because there’s a huge possibility the files will be infected with PC parasites. But there’s a way to prevent it – opt out the ”standard” and ”default” installation settings and choose ”custom” or ”advanced” instead. After that, you will need to untick all the boxes with agreements to install bonus apps.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of the Filmfanatic toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove Filmfanatic toolbar?
If you have decided you want this browser extension gone from your system for good, you will need to uninstall it. You can either do it with a help of anti-spyware, or you can do it manually. Our professionals have prepared instructions for you, so it will be very easy to do. Follow the guidelines below the article to remove the Filmfanatic toolbar.
- Uninstall programs that are related to Filmfanatic toolbar from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for Filmfanatic toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (Filmfanatic toolbar, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.