Idea Details virus (Free Guide) - Removal Instructions
Idea Details virus Removal Guide
What is Idea Details virus?
Idea Details virus is the application that should help people to surf the internet more efficiently
Idea Details virus is the Mac application that appears out of nowhere because it is considered to be a potentially unwanted program. Idea Details virus is the program considered to be Mac malware because of intrusive and annoying symptoms. The application appears out of nowhere and dills users' screen with advertisements, redirect online traffic to commercial pages, and records various sensitive information regarding browsing online habits and searching history. This is an intruder closely related to ad-supported sites and capable of downloading and installing other apps of the same origin and purpose. Idea Details is categorized as a potentially unwanted program that gives no value for the machine and should be deleted as soon as noticed on the machine.
IdeaDetails virus focuses on displaying unwanted and intrusive content, so pop-ups, banners, surveys, sales, deals, coupons lure people into clicking on the material and visiting untrustworthy websites where dubious software gets offered and promoted. In some cases, such pages can include particular scripts that trigger downloads and installations of useless programs, so people unknowingly get their devices infected with cyber intruders. Unfortunately, victims also experience problems with browsing, the safety of the computer, and privacy or identity theft issues.
|Name||Idea Details virus|
|Type||Mac malware/ Adware|
|Symptoms||The device that gets affected by this threat becomes slower than usual and unwanted advertisements appear on the screen continuously. Redirects to dubious sites get triggered by clicks on banners, pop-ups, and other content. The application itself appears out of nowhere and can install similar utilities automatically|
|Distribution||Deceptive pages and free software downloading sites deliver such applications as an additional part of the installation setup. Other potentially unwanted programs or fake installers, promotional ads can lead to infiltration of the adware-type intruder|
|Purpose||The application is designed to redirect online traffic and display various advertisements, redirect to dubious pages so data needed for malvertising campaigns|
|Elimination||Idea Details virus removal should be the first process you go for once the application is spotted on the PC. Get the anti-malware tool and clean the machine from PUPs|
|Damage||The shady application interferes with settings like startup preferences and system folders, so you should rely on tools like RestoroIntego that might repair such damage on the machine or at least indicate parts that need fixing|
Idea Details is the name of an application appearing on Mac device with the purpose of showing ads and redirecting the online traffic where needed. Different methods of generating views and clicks get employed by this intruder because pay-per-click revenue is the most important thing for adware developers and sponsors since every visit and view gets monetized.
Idea Details virus is one of many adware-type intruders that mainly causes:
- pop-ups appearing on random pages and websites;
- banners, blinking boxes and different commercial content that fills up the screen;
- redirects to shady pages and insecure websites;
- push notifications that come to the desktop directly;
- promotional material that triggers automatic downloads.
You need to note that IdeaDetails is not only annoying or intrusive. The content that adware shows have a feature of ad-tracking and data recording functionality that allows various publishers to get details about your online searching preferences and habits, so personalized advertisements can be created.
You should get rid of Idea Details virus and all the traces, programs, files associated with the intruder to avoid issues with privacy or identity theft that can be the result of such information tracking. There is a big chance that some sites expose you to dangerous material or share the recorded information with third-party companies. Idea Details app is an unwanted program that interferes with online browsing with commercial content. Idea Details virus is capable of modifying settings on your web browser without any permission or agreement needed. This is similar to any typical in-browser threat for that reason. However, the application is more focused on showing browser content related to sponsored content than to affect browsers' performance.
Unfortunately, any potentially unwanted program can easily install programs on the machine to avoid the persistence of the useless application. This is what makes Idea Details virus removal more difficult and not that easy as it may seem.
You should rely on expert tips for PUP elimination and remove Idea Details virus as soon as possible with automatic tools like AV programs or anti-malware, security software. However, don't forget about the background processes that applications like this can cause and result in more serious system damage.
For such issues, we recommend getting a system tool, cleaning utility or a particular repair program like RestoroIntego and run a check on the device after the proper Idea Details virus termination. You can also benefit from the tips below the article with direct steps of browser resetting.
Not every advertisement and the promotional pop-up is truthful
Various applications and freeware get promoted on pop-ups, banners, and redirects that appear out of nowhere or gets injected on the commonly visited pages. Such behavior and continuous pop-ups with commercial material indicate the PUP infection on the machine.
However, from such material, clicking on ads, visiting deceptive sites, and so on, you can get more annoying and dangerous programs installed without even noticing. Such deceiving advertisements and set-ups of other installations can hide shady apps as extra installation and download them behind your back.
This also happens due to not paying enough attention. Fortunately, PUP infiltrations can be avoided if you choose proper options during the installation process. Go for Advanced or Custom options instead of Recommended or Quick ones and choose what programs to install from the list.
Make sure to get rid of any parts of Idea Details virus by scanning the system fully
The intruder that appears on the system out of nowhere like Idea Details virus should be terminated as soon as possible because it makes a huge difference in the performance with all the background processes and intrusive behavior. Although it is not that dangerous as other malware can be there is no reason to leave it on the system.
The best way to remove Idea Details virus is by scanning the system with a proper anti-malware program compatible with your iOS or Mac operating system and delete anything that AV tool detects as dangerous. It is possible that the application is not identified as malicious, but other files may appear indicated.
So make sure to repeat the scan with another tool and uninstall the app yourself to ensure that Idea Details virus removal process is properly executed. Also, some in-browser programs and extensions may affect the persistence, so run through those settings after the PUP elimination.
You may remove virus damage with a help of RestoroIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Getting rid of Idea Details virus. Follow these steps
Delete from macOS
You should get rid of Idea Details virus by following these steps, so your machine gets cleaned properly
Remove items from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for all related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove an unwanted app, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the related .plist files.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
You may need to reset your browser because adware has a function of adding programs on the system without permission
Remove dangerous extensions:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the Menu (three horizontal lines at the top-right of the window).
- Select Add-ons.
- In here, select unwanted plugin and click Remove.
Reset the homepage:
- Click three horizontal lines at the top right corner to open the menu.
- Choose Options.
- Under Home options, enter your preferred site that will open every time you newly open the Mozilla Firefox.
Clear cookies and site data:
- Click Menu and pick Settings.
- Go to Privacy & Security section.
- Scroll down to locate Cookies and Site Data.
- Click on Clear Data…
- Select Cookies and Site Data, as well as Cached Web Content and press Clear.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
If clearing the browser as explained above did not help, reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click the Menu.
- Go to Help and then choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Under Give Firefox a tune up section, click on Refresh Firefox…
- Once the pop-up shows up, confirm the action by pressing on Refresh Firefox.
Remove from Google Chrome
Go through Chrome settings and uninstall anything suspicious that Idea Details virus may installed behind your back
Delete malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Menu (three vertical dots at the top-right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the newly opened window, you will see all the installed extensions. Uninstall all the suspicious plugins that might be related to the unwanted program by clicking Remove.
Clear cache and web data from Chrome:
- Click on Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
Change your homepage:
- Click menu and choose Settings.
- Look for a suspicious site in the On startup section.
- Click on Open a specific or set of pages and click on three dots to find the Remove option.
Reset Google Chrome:
If the previous methods did not help you, reset Google Chrome to eliminate all the unwanted components:
- Click on Menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings, scroll down and click Advanced.
- Scroll down and locate Reset and clean up section.
- Now click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Confirm with Reset settings.
Delete from Safari
Remove unwanted extensions from Safari:
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- In the new window, pick Extensions.
- Select the unwanted extension and select Uninstall.
Clear cookies and other website data from Safari:
- Click Safari > Clear History…
- From the drop-down menu under Clear, pick all history.
- Confirm with Clear History.
Reset Safari if the above-mentioned steps did not help you:
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- Go to Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar.
- From the menu bar, click Develop, and then select Empty Caches.
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Idea Details registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: RestoroIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
How to prevent from getting mac viruses
Protect your privacy – employ a VPN
There are several ways how to make your online time more private – you can access an incognito tab. However, there is no secret that even in this mode, you are tracked for advertising purposes. There is a way to add an extra layer of protection and create a completely anonymous web browsing practice with the help of Private Internet Access VPN. This software reroutes traffic through different servers, thus leaving your IP address and geolocation in disguise. Besides, it is based on a strict no-log policy, meaning that no data will be recorded, leaked, and available for both first and third parties. The combination of a secure web browser and Private Internet Access VPN will let you browse the Internet without a feeling of being spied or targeted by criminals.
No backups? No problem. Use a data recovery tool
If you wonder how data loss can occur, you should not look any further for answers – human errors, malware attacks, hardware failures, power cuts, natural disasters, or even simple negligence. In some cases, lost files are extremely important, and many straight out panic when such an unfortunate course of events happen. Due to this, you should always ensure that you prepare proper data backups on a regular basis.
If you were caught by surprise and did not have any backups to restore your files from, not everything is lost. Data Recovery Pro is one of the leading file recovery solutions you can find on the market – it is likely to restore even lost emails or data located on an external device.