When speaking about browser extensions, users usually expect to install an useful addition to their browsers. However, in some cases, they can install hardly useful tools that can only slow down the system performance. On this article, we are going to describe the InboxNow extension (compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer), and explain how it works.
Information about InboxNow application:
To begin with, you should know that this program can be installed with your permission only. Once it enters the computer system, it changes your default search engine into search.tb.ask.com and sets your homepage to home.tb.ask.com. While it seems like a nice homepage with links to various popular sites and social networks, you will shortly find out that it might be its only saving grace that is not worthy of the inconveniences it might cause. To begin with, it will not be long until you notice that search results feature some sponsored ads and seem quite suspiciously related to what you are browsing on the Internet. It is not a coincidence.
We may collect information from you that may identify you, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number and anonymous Information, such as the number of your page views, link clicks, and login times. […] We may share your information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf […] we may share information with the businesses with which we partner […]
These statements disclose the information about third-party links that might be injected into Ask search results:
MS Products may provide access to search results or other links to Third Party Partner websites or resources […]
MS has no control over such sites and resources […] MS shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content (as defined below), goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
If you do not want to experience InboxNow redirects to third-party pages, you should think twice whether you want to keep this toolbar on your Internet browser or not. Computer security experts recommend using well-known and reliable search engines instead of unfamiliar ones. For example, you can use Google, Yahoo, or Bing search services.
How did I install InboxNow? I cannot remember doing so.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of InboxNow toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove InboxNow Toolbar?
InboxNow removal is very easy. Just follow the steps below:
- Uninstall programs that are related to InboxNow Toolbar from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for InboxNow Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (InboxNow Toolbar, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.