What do the security researchers think about FindMeFreebies Toolbar?
According to PC security experts, FindMeFreebies Toolbar is a “potentially unwanted program”. No matter that it may seem like a nice thing to have on your Chrome browser and you may start daydreaming about all freebies you are going to get while using this toolbar, you should know that it belongs to a developer that has a bad reputation. Among numerous similar toolbars that it has released, we will mention ActionClassicGames Toolbar, BestBackgroundToolbar and BigGameCountdown Toolbar.
The first thing that you may notice after installing this toolbar on your browser is changes in your start page and the default search engine. Typically, FindMeFreebies leaves Ask.com instead of them. While it is a legitimate search engine on its own, , it may start featuring altered search results since its aim is to direct users’ web traffic to affiliated websites. However, FindMeFreebies redirect might be suspicious as it may result in you ending up on some suspicious website full of questionable content and this is never a good thing. What is more, FindMeFreebies may install cookies and use them for recording your browsing habits. Therefore, the best thing you can do with this toolbar is to get rid of its once and for all.
How do people end up with FindMeFreebies on their computers?
FindMeFreebies has probably been installed on your computer with your explicit permission from its official website. However, you should also be careful with free software that you download to your computer because other programs may also be involved to the distribution of this toolbar. This means that you have to be attentive enough during the installation program of free applications, such as download managers, PDF creators and similar installers which are designed to distribute various potentially unwanted programs. Therefore, you should be very responsible and download reliable programs from their official websites.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of FindMeFreebies Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
The best way for you to get rid of this toolbar is to follow these steps that are given below. Be careful with each of them to achieve the best result related to the removal of FindMeFreebies toolbar:
- Uninstall programs that are related to FindMeFreebies toolbar from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for FindMeFreebies toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (FindMeFreebies toolbar, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.