Lobvideo.ru ads Removal Guide
What is Lobvideo.ru ads?
Lobvideo.ru asks to click a button to confirm that you are not a robot
Lobvideo.ru deceives people with a fake message
Lobvideo.ru is a bogus website that uses social engineering tactics to fool users into allowing push notifications. When users stumble upon this site, they are made to think that they need to perform a captcha verification and confirm that they are not robots. In reality, the button they are asked to press allows the site to send push notifications straight to their screens.
Originally, push notifications were meant to provide value and inform users about the latest news, updates, or special offers. However, the opportunity to present people with information and display it right on their screens was not overlooked by individuals who want to exploit others for their own gain. This started the wave of push notification spam and nowadays thousands of websites just like this one appear every day.
We previously wrote about pages like News-doronu.cc, Racareewitu.xyz, and News-cuvasi.cc. They all serve the same purpose – to generate revenue from pop-ups with PPC advertising. The page we are writing about serves as a middleman between you and the advertisers. Every time you click on a link that was put there by the site, they get a cut.
The biggest problem is that the owners of the page do not care about user privacy or security so among the legitimate ads can show up some shady ones. Links embedded in them can lead to dangerous websites where people can get fooled into providing their personal information, downloading PUPs (potentially unwanted programs), or even malware.
|TYPE||Push notification spam; adware|
|SYMPTOMS||Pop up ads start appearing in the corner of the screen sometimes even when the browser is closed|
|DISTRIBUTION||Shady websites; deceptive ads; freeware installations|
|DANGERS||Links embedded in the pop-ups can lead to dangerous websites where people might get tricked into providing their personal information or downloading PUPs and malware|
|ELIMINATION||To eliminate push notifications go to your browser settings|
|FURTHER STEPS||Use ReimageIntego to clear your browsers and fix performance issues|
Lobvideo.ru in detail
It is a rare occurrence that people would find pages like this in their search results. Most of the time they get redirected to them by other shady websites or adware. Deceptive ads and sneaky redirects are things you most likely will encounter on sites that engage in illegal activities because they are unregulated.
There are a couple of schemes that are the most common:
Press Allow to verify your age is 18+
Click Allow to watch the video
Download is ready. Click Allow to download your file
Press Allow to verify that you are not a robot
All of these messages look familiar to a captcha or age verification process but they are not the same. The difference is that instead of having to click on pictures with crosswalks or pressing “Yes” or “No” to a question if you are an adult, push notification spam pages initiate a browser pop up which says “Lobvideo.ru wants to send push notifications.”
Under the fine print, there are buttons “Allow” and “Block.” Without reading the full message presented in the prompt, people rush and click the button they are asked to without thinking. Then, of course, nothing happens and after a while, users start seeing ads in the corner of their screens.
Many users think that they have been infected with a virus because the pop-ups start appearing unexpectedly and seemingly out of nowhere. Even though pop-ups in themselves are not malicious and are nothing to worry about, the pages they lead to may be harmful and cause virus infections.
Lobvideo.ru sends pop-up ads that may be harmful
The removal process
If you have had enough of annoying pop-ups and do not want to see scammy ads on your screen, you can remove Lobvideo.ru permissions manually by going to your browser settings. Keep in mind that this might not work if you have an adware infection. If removal from the browser will not work, you will have to access your programs section in the device and find it manually or scan your machine with professional security tools.
After successful removal, you need to take care of your browsers separately. With the help of cookies, shady websites you visited could have collected data about your browsing activities. To delete that information, use ReimageIntego maintenance tool.
Google Chrome (desktop):
- Open Google Chrome browser and go to Menu > Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Locate the Privacy and security section and pick Site Settings > Notifications.
- Look at the Allow section and look for a suspicious URL.
- Click the three vertical dots next to it and pick Block. This should remove unwanted notifications from Google Chrome.
Google Chrome (Android):
- Open Google Chrome and tap on Settings (three vertical dots).
- Select Notifications.
- Scroll down to Sites section.
- Locate the unwanted URL and toggle the button to the left (Off setting).
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to Menu > Options.
- Click on Privacy & Security section.
- Under Permissions, you should be able to see Notifications. Click Settings button next to it.
- In the Settings – Notification Permissions window, click on the drop-down menu by the URL in question.
- Select Block and then click on Save Changes. This should remove unwanted notifications from Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on Safari > Preferences…
- Go to Websites tab and, under General, select Notifications.
- Select the web address in question, click the drop-down menu and select Deny.
- Open Microsoft Edge, and click the Settings and more button (three horizontal dots) at the top-right of the window.
- Select Settings and then go to Advanced.
- Under Website permissions, pick Manage permissions and select the URL in question.
- Toggle the switch to the left to turn notifications off on Microsoft Edge.
MS Edge (Chromium):
- Open Microsoft Edge, and go to Settings.
- Select Site permissions.
- Go to Notifications on the right.
- Under Allow, you will find the unwanted entry.
- Click on More actions and select Block.
- Open Internet Explorer, and click on the Gear icon at the top-right on the window.
- Select Internet options and go to Privacy tab.
- In the Pop-up Blocker section, click on Settings.
- Locate web address in question under Allowed sites and pick Remove.
PUPs perform tasks in the background of your machine
If the previous removal method did not work and you still experience symptoms like an increased amount of commercial content, banners, surveys, redirects you might have adware hiding in your system. These programs often infiltrate the systems as bundled software from freeware distribution sites.
If you have no idea what app is responsible for such activities, you should deploy SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes professional security software that will perform a full system scan and eliminate it automatically. They can also prevent such infections in the future by warning you. If you still prefer doing it yourself, here are step-by-step instructions for Windows and macOS:
Instructions for Windows 10/8 machines:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find the entry of the suspicious program.
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
If you are Windows 7/XP user, proceed with the following instructions:
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
For macOS users:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for all related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove an unwanted app, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the related .plist files.
How to prevent from getting adware
Choose a proper web browser and improve your safety with a VPN tool
Online spying has got momentum in recent years and people are getting more and more interested in how to protect their privacy online. One of the basic means to add a layer of security – choose the most private and secure web browser. Although web browsers can't grant full privacy protection and security, some of them are much better at sandboxing, HTTPS upgrading, active content blocking, tracking blocking, phishing protection, and similar privacy-oriented features. However, if you want true anonymity, we suggest you employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN – it can encrypt all the traffic that comes and goes out of your computer, preventing tracking completely.
Lost your files? Use data recovery software
While some files located on any computer are replaceable or useless, others can be extremely valuable. Family photos, work documents, school projects – these are types of files that we don't want to lose. Unfortunately, there are many ways how unexpected data loss can occur: power cuts, Blue Screen of Death errors, hardware failures, crypto-malware attack, or even accidental deletion.
To ensure that all the files remain intact, you should prepare regular data backups. You can choose cloud-based or physical copies you could restore from later in case of a disaster. If your backups were lost as well or you never bothered to prepare any, Data Recovery Pro can be your only hope to retrieve your invaluable files.