Things you should know about Window Quick Manager:
If you have this program installed on your computer, we are sorry to break the bad news for you – what you are dealing with is actually a Window Quick Manager virus. Feeling shocked? Well, you probably do not even remember installing this software on your computer in the first place. But do not worry, you are not the only victim of such a stealthy Window Quick Manager hijack. There are tens if not thousands of people who already got infected with this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and – just like you – are looking for an answer on how they got infected and how to remove Window Quick Manager from their computers. In this article, we will not only answer these questions but also discuss this virus in more detail, focusing on its functionality and the effect on the infected system. At the end of the article, we provide manual removal instructions, but also we recommend using automatic virus-fighting utilities like Reimage.
Though this adware-type infection is designed to work on the infected computers stealthily, you cannot help but notice the increase of ads while browsing the Internet. It turns out that online advertising is the main focus of this program’s infiltration. Along comes the Window Quick Manager redirect issue which, if you are not careful enough, can result in the disturbances of your computer’s health. Even if you manage to avoid catching some nasty infection after being redirected to some potentially malicious site, there are issues that you will have to deal with if you keep this fake Windows optimization software installed. For instance, your computer may slow down quite significantly because of the additional use of CPU required for the virus to operate. Not to mention the browser, crashing from the never-ending Window Quick Manager ads. There are enough reasons not to wave this infection off. Thus, you can already start thinking about Window Quick Manager removal. To make up your mind on what automatic elimination software to use or what manual removal steps to take, please continue reading this article.
Is there a way I can protect my computer from this PUP?
Though the Window Quick Manager virus roams the Internet in different shapes and forms, it is most commonly encountered hidden in the software packages. Disguised with popular and frequently downloaded programs this virus installs on the computer without having to ask for the computer owner’s permission directly. That is why this, so-called “bundling” strategy is so popular among the malware creators. There are some flaws to this technique, though. Potentially unwanted programs like Window Quick Manager can easily be noticed and canceled under the “Advanced” or “Custom” software installation modes. So, do not don’t rush to install new programs and take your time to evaluate what exactly are you allowing to enter your computer system.
Window Quick Manager removal:
Window Quick Manager virus is not a serious cyber infection, but you can never be too careful dealing with potentially unwanted programs anyway. If you are not experienced with adware removal, you better stick to the automatic tools instead. By using virus-fighting utility, you will remove Window Quick Manager effortlessly and will also be able to confidently say that your computer is malware-free. Even if you have deleted viruses manually before, think about whether this infection is really worth your time. It’s much quicker to leave the whole trouble to the professional software to take care of. Window Quick Manager removal guide is presented just below this article, in case you decide otherwise.
You can remove Window Quick Manager automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Window Quick Manager ads Removal Guide:
Remove Window Quick Manager from Windows systems
Uninstall Window Quick Manager and related programs
Here, look for Window Quick Manager or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Window Quick Manager from Mac OS X system
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Window Quick Manager or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Remove Window Quick Manager from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Window Quick Manager and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Window Quick Manager removal.
Remove Window Quick Manager ads from Microsoft Edge
Reset Microsoft Edge settings (Method 1):
- Launch Microsoft Edge app and click More (three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Click Settings to open more options.
- Once Settings window shows up, click Choose what to clear button under Clear browsing data option.
- Here, select all what you want to remove and click Clear.
- Now you should right-click on the Start button (Windows logo). Here, select Task Manager.
- When in Processes tab, search for Microsoft Edge.
Resetting Microsoft Edge browser (Method 2):
If Method 1 failed to help you, you need to use an advanced Edge reset method.
- Note: you need to backup your data before using this method.
- Find this folder on your computer:
- Select every entry which is saved on it and right click with your mouse. Then Delete option.
- Click the Start button (Windows logo) and type in window power in Search my stuff line.
- Right-click the Windows PowerShell entry and choose Run as administrator.
- Once Administrator: Windows PowerShell window shows up, paste this command line after PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> and press Enter:
Once these steps are finished, Window Quick Manager should be removed from your Microsoft Edge browser.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerMicrosoft EdgeFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Window Quick Manager from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Window Quick Manager and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Window Quick Manager removal.
Remove Window Quick Manager from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Window Quick Manager and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Window Quick Manager removal.
Remove Window Quick Manager from Safari
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Window Quick Manager or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Window Quick Manager removal process.