Zorton Win 7 Protection 2014 Removal Guide
What is Zorton Win 7 Protection 2014?
What is Zorton Win 7 Protection 2014?
Zorton Win 7 Protection 2014 is another misleading program that will try to make you think that your PC is seriously infected. In addition, you may be informed that you need to purchase its licensed version and it will fix everything for you. Unfortunately but it's a lie that should never be taken for granted. In reality, Zorton Win 7 Protection 2014 is a rogue anti-spyware that is used for stealing people's money. It belongs to a well known family of viruses, which is called Braviax/FakeRean. No matter how trustworthy programs that belong to this family look, they are capable of showing only fake system scanners. In addition, they return only notifications that report about either invented viruses or legitimate files that should never be eliminated. So, you should never start removing those 'viruses' that were reported by Zorton Win 7 Protection 2014 virus if you don't want to initiate serious problems on your computer. In addition, you should also ignore those alerts that are offering you to purchase its license because you can lose your money in this way. In addition, you may also reveal your personally identifiable information, such as full name, address, credit card data, etc. to its developers that are also known as hackers. If you have already noticed Zorton Win 7 Protection 2014 virus and its fake system scanners, you should waste no time and scan your computer with updated anti-spyware. We recommend using ReimageIntego for that.
How can Zorton Win 7 Protection 2014 infect my computer?
If you are using Windows 7 OS, Zorton Win 7 Protection 2014 can easily infect your computer. However, those who have other OS shouldn't think that they are safe as well because it is known that this virus has lots of versions, such as Zorton Win * Antivirus 2014, Zorton Vista Protection 2014, etc. In order to avoid this threat, you should make sure that your PC is protected by reputable anti-spyware. Also, you should stay away from suspicious alerts, questionable emails and illegal websites because they can be involved to the distribution of this rogue. Please, ignore every alert telling that you need to update your Flash Player, FLV Player and similar program. Also, avoid those ads that are offering to download a free system scanner and check computer for viruses. Finally, sty away from those mails that are telling that you should download a 'very important' attachment to your computer. These are the mostly spread methods that are using for spreading Zorton Win 7 Protection 2014 virus. However, sometimes people claim that they haven't done anything what is mentioned before and got infected with this cyber threat. If you are suffering from these alerts, you should follow a guide below and fix your computer right away:
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan
Zorton Win 7 Protection 2014 has blocked a program from accessing the internet – This program is infected with Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords.
How to remove Zorton Win 7 Protection 2014?
Zorton Win 7 Protection 2014 is just another version of rogue anti-spyware that belongs to Braviax/FakeRean family of malwares. If you have been suffering from its alerts, you should get rid of it as soon as possible. We recommend people to select AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OPTION that requires only downloading a reputable anti-spyware, updating it and running a full system scan. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide. When trying to remove Zorton Win 7 Protection 2014, our recommended programs are ReimageIntego and SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, Zorton Win 7 Protection 2014 may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- As soon as Restore system files and settings window shows up, select Next.
- Choose the restore point that you want and click Next .
- Click Finish to confirm and wait until your PC reboots.
- Now download ReimageIntego and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Restart your computer
- As soon as your computer becomes active, start pressing the F8 key continuously until you see Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Here, select Safe Mode with Networking (for that, use the arrow keys) and then hit Enter.
- Login as the same user as you were in normal Windows mode
- Now right click on IE or other browser's icon and select Run As or Run As administrator. Enter your Administrator account password (if needed).
- Enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe and download a program on your desktop. Launch it to remove malicious files.
3. CREATING GUEST ACCOUNT FOR SCANNING COMPUTER:
If you have another user (guest) account, you can try to run a full system scan from it. You just need to log into it and download ReimageIntego for a full system scan. You can activate your guest account with a help of these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel and select User Accounts and Family Safety.
- After a new window shows up, click on Add or Remove User Accounts -> Guest Account.
- Now click on Turn On button and restart your computer
- Now wait until you see Windows log on screen and select Guest account for downloading recommended anti-spyware.
4. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download ReimageIntego or SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner to it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.
How to prevent from getting spyware
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address.
If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for the server or network manager that needs to monitor connections and activities. VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world.
Recover files after data-affecting malware attacks
While much of the data can be accidentally deleted due to various reasons, malware is one of the main culprits that can cause loss of pictures, documents, videos, and other important files. More serious malware infections lead to significant data loss when your documents, system files, and images get encrypted. In particular, ransomware is is a type of malware that focuses on such functions, so your files become useless without an ability to access them.
Even though there is little to no possibility to recover after file-locking threats, some applications have features for data recovery in the system. In some cases, Data Recovery Pro can also help to recover at least some portion of your data after data-locking virus infection or general cyber infection.