ILivid Virus is a browser hijacker that redirects users to ilivid.com without their permission asked. Undoubtedly, these redirections mean that your computer is infected with a browser hijacker that works on altering computer's DNS settings and hijacks all the browsers it finds installed on victim's PC. So, when having ILivid Virus on the system, you won't be capable to use Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Bing without finding yourself redirected to Ilivid.com. This page, which mostly is presented as download manager, hasn't been found to spread malware but, still, it clearly relies on a browser hijacker and tries to increase the amount of its visitors in such way. Besides, it's filled with insecure and promotional adds, questionable advertisements and other things. You can also find an ILivid Toolbar installed out of nowhere. In fact, it was downloaded together with some programs that you must have installed recently. Ilivid Toolbar acts almost identically to ILivid virus.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH ILivid Virus?
Many computer users have became the victims of ILivid Virus after downloading and installing freeware on their computers. Typically, this virus can easily come as a 'component' and then go straight for browsers' modification. As a result, user is constantly brought to this page and may even find it as his startup or homepage. Please, do NOT ignore redirections to Ilivid because it's a clear sign that you have a browser hijacker on your computer. Besides, this infections can slow your system's performance and let more dangerous threats on your computer. Remember, you have to find this browser hijacker and eliminate it if you don't want to find more problems on your machine.
HOW CAN I REMOVE ILivid virus?
In order to remove ILivid Virus, we recommend using updated antimalware programs (you can choose from STOPzilla, SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware). Be sure that the program is updated because this virus is designed to change its code quite often. Additionally, if you have ILivid Toolbar installed, follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for iLivid Toolbar, Torch, Search-Results Toolbar and similar entries that belong to Bandoo Media inc.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
After that, reset your Search provider:
- Click arrow on the right of the search box
- Choose 'Manage Search providers' or 'Change search defaults'
- Remove ILivid from the list
Mozilla Firefox :
- In the url field type in “about:config” (without the quotes)
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box.
- Right click it & reset it.
- Type in “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box.
- Right click it & reset it.
- Click wench icon on the browser toolbar
- Select 'Settings'
- Select 'Basics' -> 'Manage Search engines'
- Remove ILivid from list
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use
Modern viruses are really hard to remove. They have random file names, random registry entries, they can immitale legal products and files.
Removal instructions sometimes can't Help to remove infection manually. Please take a look at our discussion where users like you share they experience in fighting the parasite: