What is iLivid?
iLivid is a search engine, which has been included to browser hijacker category. That was done because of its continuous redirects, pop-up ads and similar suspicious activities that are usually initiated by it as soon as this search engine enters computer. Beware that it may do that without your permission asked as it was included to 'optional components' section of tens of different free applications. That's why you should try to be extremely careful when downloading such freeware as download managers, PDF creators, video streaming software, etc to your computer. What can be done when trying to avoid this hijacker? For getting more information about that you should check the next paragraph. If you have already noticed iLivid redirects and other suspicious activities on each of your web browsers, it means that your computer has already been affected. In this case, you should waste no time and scan your computer with SpyHunter (Windows OS), Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (Mac OS X) or other reputable anti-spyware.
We highly recommend eliminating iLivid virus from the system because when having it installed on it, you may find out that you can't use your Safari, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or other web browser without annoying pop up ads and redirects. Besides, you may notice slow downs on your web browsers as well. This activity is initiated because of a simple reason - this search engine is actively used for affiliate marketing. That's why this page may show you altered search results that, after being clicked, may redirect you to unknown and even malicious websites. While it hasn't been found that iLivid hijacker is used for spreading malware, you should be extremely careful with it. According to out security experts, you should stay away from this program as far as you can.
HOW CAN iLivid hijack my computer?
There are hundreds of computer users who have became the victims of iLivid Virus after downloading and installing freeware on their computers. Typically, this virus can easily come as a 'component' of download managers, PDf creators, video streaming software and similar programs and then go straight to the modification of every web browser. As a result, user may start noticing that this page has become the start page and the default search engine. Please, do NOT ignore such signs of Ilivid infiltration and check your computer with a reputable anti-spyware right after you notice any of them. Besides, this infections can slow your system's performance and let more dangerous threats on your computer. Remember, you have to select only custom or advanced installation of the freeware if you want to avoid iLivid virus appearance on your computer. Of course, you should also uncheck all suspicious check boxes saying that you want to install it.
HOW CAN I REMOVE ILivid virus?
In order to remove ILivid Virus, we recommend using updated anti-malware programs that are mentioned in Automatic program's removal guide. Be sure that the program is updated because this virus is designed to change its code quite often. Additionally, if you have ILivid Toolbar installed, follow manual removal steps:
You can remove iLivid automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual iLivid virus Removal GuideQuick menu:
Step 1: Uninstall iLivid and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove iLivid from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove iLivid from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for iLivid or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove iLivid from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for iLivid or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Remove iLivid from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall iLivid from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
Remove iLivid from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for iLivid and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete iLivid removal.
Remove iLivid from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select iLivid and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete iLivid removal.
Remove iLivid from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select iLivid and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete iLivid removal.
Remove iLivid from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for iLivid or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by iLivid, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete iLivid removal process.
Step 4: Complete iLivid virus removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of iLivid registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of iLivid virus
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.