Can I trust Fasto Player?
FastoPlayer (or Fasto Player) is just another adware-type program that needs to be used with carefulness. When inside the system, it may try to interrupt you with sponsored ads that are displayed just for redirecting people to sponsored websites. Sometimes these ads look really tempting as they seem like they are trying to help you save the money. However, they can redirect you to unwanted and suspicious websites seeking to infect your computer with other PUPs and even viruses. If FastoPlayer ads have started interrupting you, it is clear that this adware has infiltrated your computer. In this case, we highly recommend thinking about its removal.
If you still don’t think that this potentially unwanted program has to be avoided, we will try to explain you what could happen after letting it stay on your system.
- Once installed, Fasto Player is going to place its files on the Windows Registry and inject its extension to your Internet browsers (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer or Safari).
- Then it starts to track your web activity. It means that the program is going to see the list of websites that you visit, keywords that you type into the search boxes, your downloads list, and even your IP address.
- Based on this information, adware generates various promotional content. You are going to receive ads in a form of pop-ups, in-text links, and banners.
- It is important NOT to click on such ads – otherwise they can redirect you to suspicious websites that belong to the sponsors of this PUP.
Be very careful because some of FastoPlayer-related web pages can promote questionable content, including suspicious software that may contain some toxic components. We strongly recommend to stay away from its ads because they can lead you to dangerous websites that may even initiate automatic downloads. To avoid dealing with sad consequences, we would like to recommend using an anti-spyware program for Fasto Player removal. In this case, we suggest using Reimage.
Questions about FastoPlayer ads
Distribution methods of this adware
FastoPlayer has its official web page, and it provides the download link for this suspicious application. You can end up on this website if you click on suspicious links or banner ads on the web – so if you happen to visit this website, remember that it is very unreliable. However, in most cases, the developers of such PUPs spread apps like FastoPlayer virus via another distribution method called bundling. Bundling is a way to pack several programs into one software bundle – this helps to spread potentially unwanted applications seamlessly.
You have to be very careful if you want to download a free application from the Internet, and you have to install it with caution. Remember that no one is going to tell you about additional software components straightforwardly, so you have to check it yourself. To do that, you have to select “custom” or “advanced” installation settings on the installation setup. Then the setup opens a window, which should display a list of suggestions to install bonus programs. Deselect these statements and proceed to the next step of the setup. To remove FastoPlayer, look for instructions below.
How can I remove this unwanted PC intruder from my computer?
If you are dealing with FastoPlayer removal with no result, do not worry – we are here to help you. On this page, we are going to explain how to eliminate this computer parasite. We have prepared clear instructions how to remove this application, and we also provided images to make the removal guide easier to understand. You can find these guidelines below this article. However, we still strongly recommend checking your computer with an anti-spyware program just to make sure that there are no leftovers of FastoPlayer virus left on your computer. Such anti-spyware can also help to maintain the proper computer security level all the time.
You can remove FastoPlayer automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual FastoPlayer ads Removal Guide:
Eliminate FastoPlayer from Windows systems
You need to uninstall FastoPlayer (all its versions), OneSoftPerDay, Candle Jar, QuickyTranslator and other to remove this adware from your computer completely. Every program that looks suspicious has to be eliminated.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
Uninstall FastoPlayer and related programs
Here, look for FastoPlayer or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Delete FastoPlayer from Mac OS X system
To remove FastoPlayer from your computer and prevent its reappearance in the future, make sure you uninstall these and other unknown/suspicious entries: FastoPlayer (all its versions), OneSoftPerDay, Candle Jar, QuickyTranslator.
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for FastoPlayer or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Get rid of FastoPlayer from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for FastoPlayer and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete FastoPlayer removal.
Erase FastoPlayer from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select FastoPlayer and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete FastoPlayer removal.
Remove FastoPlayer from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select FastoPlayer and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete FastoPlayer removal.
Eliminate FastoPlayer from Safari
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for FastoPlayer or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete FastoPlayer removal process.