What is FindYourMaps?
FindYourMaps Toolbar is yet another toolbar, which pretends itself as a useful tool for getting quick driving directions. Unfortunately, but we cannot guarantee that you will be happy after downloading it to your PC system. Failing to monitor its installation process may lead you to unexpected changes in your system settings. Typically, people report about myway.com or similar search engines appearing on their web browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer) instead of their start page and the default search provider. That’s why it has been categorized as a potentially unwanted program or a PUP. If you want to stay away from it, you should avoid installing programs from the same developer as myway search engine. To know more about that, you should read the paragraph, which is titled as “How can FindYourMaps Toolbar appear on my computer?”.
If this toolbar manages to enter the system, you may notice that your PC works slower than it used to work, websites load slower, or your web browser may even crash. However, you should mainly be concerned about FindYourMaps redirects that may happen right after you click on any link provided by this toolbar. As we have already mentioned, it is mainly used for promoting related websites and increasing the number of their visitors. Thus, if FindYourMaps is on each of your web browsers, you should think about its removal. You can uninstall it with the help of a step-by-step guide given on the second page of this article.
How can FindYourMaps Toolbar appear on my computer?
The MS Products may integrate, be integrated into, bundled, or be provided in connection with third-party services, feeds and/or content. If you are installing an MS Product that includes third party services and third party content, such services and content are subject to such third party’s terms of services and privacy policies, which may be found on the relevant Third Party Partner’s website.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of FindYourMaps Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove FindYourMaps Toolbar?
FindYourMaps is not a virus. However, we would recommend you to remove it from your computer if you have been noticing unwanted activity on your computer. The removal guide for this toolbar is provided down below:
- Uninstall programs that are related to FindYourMaps Toolbar from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for FindYourMaps Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (FindYourMaps Toolbar, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.