9oogle — a browser hijacker that annoys its victims with constant redirects
9oogle virus (also known as 9o0gle, g00gle, 90ogle, etc.) is a browser hijacker which has been annoying its victims with constant redirects to sponsored sites. Its name has been mimicking the famous search engine Google. However, no matter how similar these names are, they don't mean the same behavior. While you can use Google for your searches, you should never rely on 9oogle while trying to do that. Infected users will agree that every search session becomes useless because the virus alters results and fills them with the commercial content. Like many other PUPs, this application is focused on displaying pop-up ads to reroute victims' online traffic to third-party sites. Unfortunately, that's how you can end up on malicious site pushing malicious tools or fake deals. To stop redirects to 9o0gle.com, you need to remove the potentially unwanted content from Chrome, Firefox, and other browsers.
|Also known as||9o0gle; g00gle; 90ogle|
|Category||Potentially unwanted program|
|Symptoms||Delivers intrusive commercial content and questionable search results|
|Main dangers||Collects information about your habits online, exposes to possibly malicious content|
|Elimination||Get Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego and scan the system for general cleaning and 9oogle removal|
9oogle is a common potentially unwanted program that affects users' time online by delivering intrusive commercial content each time the browser is used. This advertising method is not considered malicious, but you should eliminate the program for other reason – data tracking. Collecting information about browsing activity and preferences starts immediately after PUP infiltration.
9oogle virus cannot be compared with malicious programs like ransomware or cryptojackers, but various browser changes, constant redirects, and information collecting cannot be considered as valuable functionality. If you notice this activity your device is infected by potentially unwanted program:
- constant redirects to questionable websites;
- pop-up windows with commercial content;
- banners promoting games or tools;
- changed appearance of browsers' homepage;
- high usage of computer resources;
- slow browser and system freezes.
When the PUP infects the system, it adds unwanted products like browser extensions, bookmarks or toolbars to your Chrome or Firefox web browsers. Unfortunately, it is not enough to delete them from the browser alone. The cyber threat you need to eliminate is 9o0gle virus.
Remove 9oogle using anti-malware tools like Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego and forget about constant redirects and intrusive promotional ads. Also, a full system scan improves the performance of your PC as the anti-malware program scans the system and indicates possible threats, malicious intruders, corrupted files and useless browser extensions.
Remember that 9oogle is a cyber threat that keeps reappearing if not removed properly. The PUP can drop additional files and registry entries to keep on the system for as long as possible. Make sure you get rid of the following Registry keys to get rid of this hijacker:
Note: double-check the system (by rebooting your device and scanning again) that 9oogle removal is finished successfully. According to researchers at Virusai.lt, you should also use a few suggestions down below:
9oogle virus is a cyber threat that may look useful at first, unfortunately, this is an unwanted program related to commercial content creators.
Bundled software bring cyber intruders on the device
You need to pay more attention to software installations because there is a high risk of getting additional intruders if you skip through steps or choose questionable sources. Opting for Default or Quick setups is not advisable and using p2p networks can be marked as dangerous.
Get your software, tools or applications from reputable sources, official websites or App Stores and always opt for Advanced installations to make sure that nothing is added without your permission. Custom options allow you to de-select suggested programs.
Also, deceptive advertisements promoting software or tools in banners and pop-up windows cannot be legitimate. If you keep your programs up-to-date, you can be sure that fake downloaders are not going to trick you into purchasing useless products.
Terminate 9oogle with professional tools
To remove 9oogle, you should use professional and trustworthy anti-malware tools. This method allows you to eliminate all possible threats from the system, no matter if there is an association with the hijacker in question or not. A full system scan indicates malicious programs or files and deletes them from the computer.
The manual 9oogle removal process may look difficult if you don't have much knowledge about PCs. However, employ steps that we suggest below to check the device thoroughly and uninstall the virus from the device manually. After all, make sure you reset browser settings are set to block suspicious notifications.
You may remove virus damage with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove 9oogle, follow these steps:
Delete 9oogle from Windows systems
To remove 90ogle from the system, make sure you follow these steps precisely:|
To remove 9oogle from Windows 10/8 machines, please follow these steps:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find entries related to 9oogle (or any other recently installed suspicious program).
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
If you are Windows 7/XP user, proceed with the following instructions:
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
Get rid of 9oogle from Mac OS X system
If your Mac device got affected, follow this guide and eliminate browser hijacker from the computer:
If your macOS is displaying some infection symptoms, proceed with the following guide:
Remove 9oogle from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for 9oogle-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove 9oogle, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to 9oogle and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the 9oogle-related entries.
Erase 9oogle from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the Menu (three horizontal lines at the top-right of the window).
- Select Add-ons.
- In here, select plugins that are related to 9oogle and click Remove.
Clear cookies and site data:
- Click Menu and pick Options.
- Go to Privacy & Security section.
- Scroll down to locate Cookies and Site Data.
- Click on Clear Data…
- Select Cookies and Site Data, as well as Cached Web Content and press Clear.
In case 9oogle did not get removed after following the instructions above, reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click the Menu.
- Go to Help and then choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Under Give Firefox a tune up section, click on Refresh Firefox…
- Once the pop-up shows up, confirm the action by pressing on Refresh Firefox – this should complete 9oogle removal.
Remove 9oogle from Google Chrome
Clean the browser individually and forget about suspicious notifications or redirects:
Delete malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Menu (three vertical dots at the top-right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the newly opened window, you will see all the installed extensions. Uninstall all the suspicious plugins that might be related to 9oogle by clicking Remove.
Clear cache and web data from Chrome:
- Click on Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
If the above-methods did not help you, reset Google Chrome to eliminate all the 9oogle-components:
- Click on Menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings, scroll down and click Advanced.
- Scroll down and locate Reset and clean up section.
- Now click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Confirm with Reset settings to complete 9oogle removal.
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. It is a hassle when your website is protected from suspicious connections and unauthorized IP addresses.
The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address. If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for server or network manager that need to monitor connections and activities. This is how you bypass some of the authentications factors and can remotely use your banking accounts without triggering suspicious with each login.
VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world. It is better to clock the access to your website from different IP addresses. So you can keep the project safe and secure when you have the dedicated IP address VPN and protected access to the content management system.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer from data losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Ransomware can encrypt and hold files hostage, while unforeseen power cuts might cause a loss of important documents. If you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work. It is also equally important to update backups on a regular basis so that the newest information remains intact – you can set this process to be performed automatically.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware strikes out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the data restoration process.