9oogle Removal Guide
What is 9oogle?
9oogle — a browser hijacker that annoys its victims with constant redirects
9oogle is a potentially unwanted program that loads additional background processes on your device and affects the speed and performance this way.
9oogle virus (also known as 9o0gle, g00gle, 90ogle, etc.) is a browser hijacker which has been annoying its victims with constant redirects to sponsored sites. Its name has been mimicking the famous search engine Google. However, no matter how similar these names are, they don't mean the same behavior. While you can use Google for your searches, you should never rely on 9oogle while trying to do that. Infected users will agree that every search session becomes useless because the virus alters results and fills them with the commercial content. Like many other PUPs, this application is focused on displaying pop-up ads to reroute victims' online traffic to third-party sites. Unfortunately, that's how you can end up on malicious site pushing malicious tools or fake deals. To stop redirects to 9o0gle.com, you need to remove the potentially unwanted content from Chrome, Firefox, and other browsers.
|Also known as||9o0gle; g00gle; 90ogle|
|Category||Potentially unwanted program|
|Symptoms||Delivers intrusive commercial content and questionable search results|
|Main dangers||Collects information about your habits online, exposes to possibly malicious content|
|Elimination||Get FortectIntego and scan the system for general cleaning and 9oogle removal|
9oogle is a common potentially unwanted program that affects users' time online by delivering intrusive commercial content each time the browser is used. This advertising method is not considered malicious, but you should eliminate the program for other reason – data tracking. Collecting information about browsing activity and preferences starts immediately after PUP infiltration.
9oogle virus cannot be compared with malicious programs like ransomware or cryptojackers, but various browser changes, constant redirects, and information collecting cannot be considered as valuable functionality. If you notice this activity your device is infected by potentially unwanted program:
- constant redirects to questionable websites;
- pop-up windows with commercial content;
- banners promoting games or tools;
- changed appearance of browsers' homepage;
- high usage of computer resources;
- slow browser and system freezes.
When the PUP infects the system, it adds unwanted products like browser extensions, bookmarks or toolbars to your Chrome or Firefox web browsers. Unfortunately, it is not enough to delete them from the browser alone. The cyber threat you need to eliminate is 9o0gle virus.
Remove 9oogle using anti-malware tools like FortectIntego and forget about constant redirects and intrusive promotional ads. Also, a full system scan improves the performance of your PC as the anti-malware program scans the system and indicates possible threats, malicious intruders, corrupted files and useless browser extensions.
Remember that 9oogle is a cyber threat that keeps reappearing if not removed properly. The PUP can drop additional files and registry entries to keep on the system for as long as possible. Make sure you get rid of the following Registry keys to get rid of this hijacker:
Note: double-check the system (by rebooting your device and scanning again) that 9oogle removal is finished successfully. According to researchers at Virusai.lt, you should also use a few suggestions down below:
9oogle virus is a cyber threat that may look useful at first, unfortunately, this is an unwanted program related to commercial content creators.
Bundled software bring cyber intruders on the device
You need to pay more attention to software installations because there is a high risk of getting additional intruders if you skip through steps or choose questionable sources. Opting for Default or Quick setups is not advisable and using p2p networks can be marked as dangerous.
Get your software, tools or applications from reputable sources, official websites or App Stores and always opt for Advanced installations to make sure that nothing is added without your permission. Custom options allow you to de-select suggested programs.
Also, deceptive advertisements promoting software or tools in banners and pop-up windows cannot be legitimate. If you keep your programs up-to-date, you can be sure that fake downloaders are not going to trick you into purchasing useless products.
Terminate 9oogle with professional tools
To remove 9oogle, you should use professional and trustworthy anti-malware tools. This method allows you to eliminate all possible threats from the system, no matter if there is an association with the hijacker in question or not. A full system scan indicates malicious programs or files and deletes them from the computer.
The manual 9oogle removal process may look difficult if you don't have much knowledge about PCs. However, employ steps that we suggest below to check the device thoroughly and uninstall the virus from the device manually. After all, make sure you reset browser settings are set to block suspicious notifications.
You may remove virus damage with a help of FortectIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Getting rid of 9oogle. Follow these steps
Uninstall from Windows
To remove 90ogle from the system, make sure you follow these steps precisely:|
Instructions for Windows 10/8 machines:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find the entry of the suspicious program.
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
If you are Windows 7/XP user, proceed with the following instructions:
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
Delete from macOS
If your Mac device got affected, follow this guide and eliminate browser hijacker from the computer:
Remove items from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for all related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove an unwanted app, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the related .plist files.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the Menu (three horizontal lines at the top-right of the window).
- Select Add-ons.
- In here, select unwanted plugin and click Remove.
Reset the homepage:
- Click three horizontal lines at the top right corner to open the menu.
- Choose Options.
- Under Home options, enter your preferred site that will open every time you newly open the Mozilla Firefox.
Clear cookies and site data:
- Click Menu and pick Settings.
- Go to Privacy & Security section.
- Scroll down to locate Cookies and Site Data.
- Click on Clear Data…
- Select Cookies and Site Data, as well as Cached Web Content and press Clear.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
If clearing the browser as explained above did not help, reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click the Menu.
- Go to Help and then choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Under Give Firefox a tune up section, click on Refresh Firefox…
- Once the pop-up shows up, confirm the action by pressing on Refresh Firefox.
Remove from Google Chrome
Clean the browser individually and forget about suspicious notifications or redirects:
Delete malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Menu (three vertical dots at the top-right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the newly opened window, you will see all the installed extensions. Uninstall all the suspicious plugins that might be related to the unwanted program by clicking Remove.
Clear cache and web data from Chrome:
- Click on Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
Change your homepage:
- Click menu and choose Settings.
- Look for a suspicious site in the On startup section.
- Click on Open a specific or set of pages and click on three dots to find the Remove option.
Reset Google Chrome:
If the previous methods did not help you, reset Google Chrome to eliminate all the unwanted components:
- Click on Menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings, scroll down and click Advanced.
- Scroll down and locate Reset and clean up section.
- Now click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Confirm with Reset settings.
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of 9oogle registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: FortectIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
How to prevent from getting adware
Protect your privacy – employ a VPN
There are several ways how to make your online time more private – you can access an incognito tab. However, there is no secret that even in this mode, you are tracked for advertising purposes. There is a way to add an extra layer of protection and create a completely anonymous web browsing practice with the help of Private Internet Access VPN. This software reroutes traffic through different servers, thus leaving your IP address and geolocation in disguise. Besides, it is based on a strict no-log policy, meaning that no data will be recorded, leaked, and available for both first and third parties. The combination of a secure web browser and Private Internet Access VPN will let you browse the Internet without a feeling of being spied or targeted by criminals.
No backups? No problem. Use a data recovery tool
If you wonder how data loss can occur, you should not look any further for answers – human errors, malware attacks, hardware failures, power cuts, natural disasters, or even simple negligence. In some cases, lost files are extremely important, and many straight out panic when such an unfortunate course of events happen. Due to this, you should always ensure that you prepare proper data backups on a regular basis.
If you were caught by surprise and did not have any backups to restore your files from, not everything is lost. Data Recovery Pro is one of the leading file recovery solutions you can find on the market – it is likely to restore even lost emails or data located on an external device.