9oogle — a browser hijacker that annoys its victims with constant redirects
9oogle virus (also known as 9o0gle, g00gle, 90ogle, etc.) is a browser hijacker which has been annoying its victims with constant redirects to sponsored sites. Its name has been mimicking the famous search engine Google. However, no matter how similar these names are, they don't mean the same behavior. While you can use Google for your searches, you should never rely on 9oogle while trying to do that. Infected users will agree that every search session becomes useless because the virus alters results and fills them with the commercial content. Like many other PUPs, this application is focused on displaying pop-up ads to reroute victims' online traffic to third-party sites. Unfortunately, that's how you can end up on malicious site pushing malicious tools or fake deals. To stop redirects to 9o0gle.com, you need to remove the potentially unwanted content from Chrome, Firefox, and other browsers.
|Also known as||9o0gle; g00gle; 90ogle|
|Category||Potentially unwanted program|
|Symptoms||Delivers intrusive commercial content and questionable search results|
|Main dangers||Collects information about your habits online, exposes to possibly malicious content|
|Elimination||Get Reimage and scan the system for general cleaning and 9oogle removal|
9oogle is a common potentially unwanted program that affects users' time online by delivering intrusive commercial content each time the browser is used. This advertising method is not considered malicious, but you should eliminate the program for other reason – data tracking. Collecting information about browsing activity and preferences starts immediately after PUP infiltration.
9oogle virus cannot be compared with malicious programs like ransomware or cryptojackers, but various browser changes, constant redirects, and information collecting cannot be considered as valuable functionality. If you notice this activity your device is infected by potentially unwanted program:
- constant redirects to questionable websites;
- pop-up windows with commercial content;
- banners promoting games or tools;
- changed appearance of browsers' homepage;
- high usage of computer resources;
- slow browser and system freezes.
When the PUP infects the system, it adds unwanted products like browser extensions, bookmarks or toolbars to your Chrome or Firefox web browsers. Unfortunately, it is not enough to delete them from the browser alone. The cyber threat you need to eliminate is 9o0gle virus.
Remove 9oogle using anti-malware tools like Reimage and forget about constant redirects and intrusive promotional ads. Also, a full system scan improves the performance of your PC as the anti-malware program scans the system and indicates possible threats, malicious intruders, corrupted files and useless browser extensions.
Remember that 9oogle is a cyber threat that keeps reappearing if not removed properly. The PUP can drop additional files and registry entries to keep on the system for as long as possible. Make sure you get rid of the following Registry keys to get rid of this hijacker:
Note: double-check the system (by rebooting your device and scanning again) that 9oogle removal is finished successfully. According to researchers at Virusai.lt, you should also use a few suggestions down below:
9oogle virus is a cyber threat that may look useful at first, unfortunately, this is an unwanted program related to commercial content creators.
Bundled software bring cyber intruders on the device
You need to pay more attention to software installations because there is a high risk of getting additional intruders if you skip through steps or choose questionable sources. Opting for Default or Quick setups is not advisable and using p2p networks can be marked as dangerous.
Get your software, tools or applications from reputable sources, official websites or App Stores and always opt for Advanced installations to make sure that nothing is added without your permission. Custom options allow you to de-select suggested programs.
Also, deceptive advertisements promoting software or tools in banners and pop-up windows cannot be legitimate. If you keep your programs up-to-date, you can be sure that fake downloaders are not going to trick you into purchasing useless products.
Terminate 9oogle with professional tools
To remove 9oogle, you should use professional and trustworthy anti-malware tools. This method allows you to eliminate all possible threats from the system, no matter if there is an association with the hijacker in question or not. A full system scan indicates malicious programs or files and deletes them from the computer.
The manual 9oogle removal process may look difficult if you don't have much knowledge about PCs. However, employ steps that we suggest below to check the device thoroughly and uninstall the virus from the device manually. After all, make sure you reset browser settings are set to block suspicious notifications.
You can remove virus damage automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner, Malwarebytes. We recommend these applications because they detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove 9oogle, follow these steps:
Delete 9oogle from Windows systems
To remove 90ogle from the system, make sure you follow these steps precisely:|
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
Uninstall 9oogle and related programs
Here, look for 9oogle or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Get rid of 9oogle from Mac OS X system
If your Mac device got affected, follow this guide and eliminate browser hijacker from the computer:
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for 9oogle or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Erase 9oogle from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select 9oogle and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete 9oogle removal.
Remove 9oogle from Google Chrome
Clean the browser individually and forget about suspicious notifications or redirects:
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select 9oogle and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete 9oogle removal.