Can I trust Tech-connect.biz virus?
Tech-connect.biz virus is a malicious search engine that should be avoided. No matter that it looks like a convenient way to search the web, this questionable search tool can hijack your computer without your approval and then change its settings. Typically, it adds related browser extensions and alters the start page, the default search engine and new tab URL. After each of these alterations are finished, the victim starts noticing redirects to Tech-connect.biz site. This web address looks like an ordinary search engine which seems like any other web search tool. Sadly, it cannot be trusted because it might trick you into clicking on sponsored search results, which are not only relevant but also can open dangerous third-party websites. Although we cannot claim that all of these search results are deceptive, you should still be careful. After adding your search query to this search engine, you can be redirected to plusnetwork.com which is another questionable search engine. In addition, you can start noticing third-party ads, slow downs and similar problems that can result on strange websites. The best solution would be to avoid these sites and remove Tech-connect.biz from the system.
The only reason why this site causes these redirects is pay-per-click revenue. However, ads that are displayed via this search engine can redirect you to questionable Internet sites. Besides, you should think about Tech-connect.biz removal because it is capable of tracking its victims. Beware that such activities are used for collecting people’s search terms, information about their mostly visited websites, details related to their computers and so on. It might be a harmless activity but ww should warn you that non-personal data can also be used for identity theft and similar uses! If you want to protect yourself, you should uninstall Tech-connect.biz virus without any delay. The fastest way to do that is to check the entire computer system for threats. For that you can use Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus software. However, you can also perform this task with the help of manual removal guide which is revealed down below.
Methods used to proliferate the number of users
Of course, you can access this website by yourself and set it as your homepage manually. You might also change your homepage settings and set this search tool as startup page as well. However, if you haven’t initiated these changes but this search engine appears in your browser, it means that you have become a victim of Tech-connect.biz hijack. Please do not be mistaken and do not confuse the word “hijack” with “hack.” This program hijacks user’s computer system only after receiving permission to do that, so you need to learn how to take away such authorization. When you install computer programs, check what lies behind “Advanced” or “Custom” settings. These settings can reveal what programs are bundled with your downloaded application, and allows to reject them. Users often install additional unwanted software because they think that “Default” or “Standard” settings are reliable. In most cases, these settings are auto-selected and include user’s agreements to install all “recommended” software. This software can include hijackers, adware programs, and other annoying parasites.
How to remove Tech-connect.biz virus?
In order to uninstall Tech-connect.biz virus, check the instructions provided below. Feel free to choose either manual or automatic removal technique – you can quickly uninstall this hijacker using one of the anti-spyware programs we recommend, or, if you prefer, delete it manually. Please remember that despite being non-malicious, this browser hijacker is still an unwanted program, which can leave your computer vulnerable to malware attacks. That is why Tech-connect.biz removal should be carried out with care. Although you might find these instructions confusing, give them a try and remove this malware manually:
You can remove Tech-connect.biz automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Tech-connect.biz virus Removal Guide:
Remove Tech-connect.biz from Windows systems
Using instructions provided below, go to the program’s list on your computer. Here, click on “Installed on” to sort programs by the date they have been installed one the system. Then you should find two suspicious program – uTorrent Packages and AION. Click on uTorrent Packages and select Uninstall/Change. An Uninstall Manager will show up, and ask you which program do you wish to uninstall. Click on UNINSTALL button next to REACHit option, then add a tick next to the line saying, “Remove this manager from Add/Remove programs” and click Close. Then in the Programs list, find AION, click on it, and then click Uninstall/Change again. You might receive a pop-up message, but click OK in case it shows up. Refresh the list by right-clicking on an empty spot in it and selecting Refresh. Now that you have uninstalled these programs, clean each of your web browsers now. Here is an example (Firefox) how to clean browser shortcuts:
Right-click on Firefox shortcut on the desktop and select Properties. Then go to Shortcut tab if you aren’t there already, and in the Target field, find hllp://tech-connect.biz/ URL and delete it. After that, click Apply and then OK.
Do the same with Chrome and IE browser’s shortcuts.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Tech-connect.biz and related programs
Here, look for Tech-connect.biz or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Tech-connect.biz from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XFirefoxGoogle ChromeInternet ExplorerSafari
Delete Tech-connect.biz from Mac OS X system
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Tech-connect.biz or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Erase Tech-connect.biz from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
In Mozilla Firefox, go to settings, and under Home Page field click Restore to Default button. Then go to Search tab and, if you can see tech-connect.biz value anywhere, delete it.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Tech-connect.biz and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Tech-connect.biz removal.
Eliminate Tech-connect.biz from Google Chrome
Open Chrome settings and scroll down. Then find On Startup Panel and click on Set pages option. Here, remove tech-connect.biz value and add your preferred URL there. Click OK. Then, change the preference to “Open the New Tab page.” Behind the Appearance tab, you will see tech-connect.biz link again. Click Change, delete this URL from the field and select Use the New Tab page. Click OK. Then deselect Show Home button option. Next, go to Search engines section and click on Manage Search engines. Delete tech-connect value from there.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Tech-connect.biz and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Tech-connect.biz removal.
Get rid of Tech-connect.biz from Internet Explorer (IE)
Open your browser, go to its settings and open Internet options panel. In the Home page section, delete tech-connect.biz and enter your preferred one. Delete browsing history then, and alter search engine settings. Remove any entries or components related to this browser hijacker.
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Tech-connect.biz and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Tech-connect.biz removal.
Remove Tech-connect.biz from Safari
To remove Tech-connect.biz virus from Safari, you should eliminate suspicious add-ons from this browser and reset it. To see them, you need to go to Safari’s Preferences..
- Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Tech-connect.biz or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Tech-connect.biz, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Tech-connect.biz removal process.