What is Default-search.net?
Default-search.net (can also be found as Default Search) is a sneaky search engine, which has been included to browser hijacker category. Why PC security experts decided to do so? The answer is very simple - this search site may show up on your computer without downloading it there because it has been spread using bundling. Once it does that, Default-search.net hijacker settles down on each of web browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.) and alters the start page/the default search engine. After that, you may notice that Google, Yahoo, Bing or other search engine is blocked. In addition, you may start to deal with continuous Default-search.net redirects, annoying pop-up ads from Linkey, slow downs and other unwanted things. If you want to avoid them, you should remove this questionable search engine from your PC system. The easiest way to do that is to scan your computer with updated anti-spyware, such as Reimage.
To sum up, no matter that Default-search.net doesn’t belong to viruses, it can lead your computer to the infiltration of one of them because it may try to return for you altered search results that may lead you to annoying browser’s redirections and similar problems. besides, just like any other search engine, it may start tracking your browsing on the web. Remember, that tracking may lead you to privacy-related issues! No matter that it is said that Default-search.net collects only personally non-identifiable information (search terms, mostly visited websites, etc.) it may also recored your email address, PC's IP address, location, etc. That’s why we recommend avoiding this search engine and explains why the most of PC users have started to label default-search.net as a virus.
HOW CAN Default-search.net hijack my COMPUTER?
HOW TO REMOVE Default-search.net virus?
If you were tricked into installing Default-search.net, you can remove it by following these simple steps:
You can remove Default-search.net automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Default-search.net from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Default-search.net from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Default-search.net from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Default-search.net from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Default-search.net from Safari
Remove Default-search.net from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Default-search.net from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Default-search.net or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Default-search.net from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Default-search.net or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Default-search.net from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Default-search.net and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Default-search.net removal.
Remove Default-search.net from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Default-search.net and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Default-search.net removal.
Remove Default-search.net from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Default-search.net and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Default-search.net removal.
Remove Default-search.net from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Default-search.net or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Default-search.net, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Default-search.net removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Default-search.net
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.