MoneyGram virus is a dangerous cyber infection that should be avoided. This virus belongs to the category of ransomwares because it blocks PC's desktop as soon as it enters the system. It hides under the name of FBI or other and shows a message, which tries to convince users that they have to pay the fee of 100 dollars for their illegal Internet activity. Typically, this virus tries to convince its victims that their IP address was used to visit websites containing pornography, child pornography, zoophilia and child abuse. In fact, this entire activity is really similar to FBI virus and FBI Cybercrime Division virus, that have been massively attacking users for more than a year. Please, do not fall for this scam and remove Moneygram virus as soon as starts blocking your computer. Be sure that it will try its best to prevent that but you have to use the steps given below to unblock the PC at first and you will be capable to get rid of this threat.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH MoneyGram virus?
MoneyGram virus attacks poorly protected computers via spam and fake alerts offering various updates. Typically, as soon as you click on such notification, computer gets infected with trojan horse, which additionally downloads Moneygram virus. Besides, this trojan blocks the entire system down with its huge message acting like it belongs to FBI or other governmental authority. Many users have been tricked into this scam because it includes some misleading details, such as FBI's logo, computer's location, IP address, user name operating system and similar. However, you should never believe that Federal Bureau of Investigation has started blocking PCs for collecting their fines. They use more powerful methods for that. If you see this threat on your PC's desktop, you should remove Moneygram virus immediately.
HOW TO REMOVE MoneyGram virus?
When eliminating MoneyGram virus from the system, you won't be capable to launch your anti-malware at first. Please, try these methods for unblocking the system after checking whether you can get on Safe Mode with Networking or Safe Mode with command prompt:
Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download SpyHunter or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with MoneyGram virus once more and run a full system scan.
Manual MoneyGram virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable thisI virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated SpyHunter to remove remaining files.
If you see a screen locker when on these modes, you can also rely on these tips:
* Users infected with Moneygram virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
MoneyGram virus manual removal: