‘You steal music I lock your PC’ virus
‘You steal music I lock your PC’ virus Removal Guide
What is ‘You steal music I lock your PC’ virus?
‘You steal music I lock your PC’ virus is a dangerous ransomware, which blocks down the system as soon as it infects its target PC. You must have heard about other variants of this ransomware, such as FBI virus, UK Police virus and similar, that act identically. However, this variant doesn’t act as a governmental authority that reports about various law violations and then asks to pay the fine via Ukash, Moneypak or other prepayment systems. ‘You steal music I lock your pc’ blocks down the entire system with a huge notification from the special characters and leaves it like that. If you are infected with this ransomware and your system is not physically inaccessible, you have to follow a detailed guide given below and remove ‘You steal music I lock your PC’ virus from your computer.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH ‘You steal music I lock your PC’ virus?
‘You steal music I lock your PC’ virus is spread just like previous variants of ransomwares’. If you want to prevent its infiltration, stay away from illegitimate sites and pop-up ads that typically show up when visiting them. In addition, security experts report about malicious e-mails that have also been used to spread such threats. However, as its name suggests, the greatest danger of getting infected with ‘You steal music I lock your PC’ virus is when you download freeware and shareware on your computer. As soon as it infiltrates the machine, virus modifies some of PC’s parameters and locks down the system. If you try to reboot your machine, you will see that the locks creen appears after 2 seconds when the system is started. Please, stay away from malicious sites that are involved to the distribution of thios ransomware and, if infected, remove ‘You steal music I lock your PC’ virus.
HOW TO REMOVE ‘You steal music I lock your PC’ virus?
When trying to remove ‘You steal music I lock your PC’ virus, you should remove the block from your computer. Check whether you can reboot your machine to safe mode with networking or safe mode with command prompt and follow these steps:
1. Take another machine and use it to download RestoroIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with ‘You steal music I lock your PC’ virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with ransomware viruses are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select ‘Deny’: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual ‘You steal music I lock your PC’ virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to ‘Safe mode with command prompt’ to disable Ukash virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated RestoroIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes to remove remaining virus files.
How to prevent from getting ransomware
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address.
If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for the server or network manager that needs to monitor connections and activities. VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world.
Recover files after data-affecting malware attacks
While much of the data can be accidentally deleted due to various reasons, malware is one of the main culprits that can cause loss of pictures, documents, videos, and other important files. More serious malware infections lead to significant data loss when your documents, system files, and images get encrypted. In particular, ransomware is is a type of malware that focuses on such functions, so your files become useless without an ability to access them.
Even though there is little to no possibility to recover after file-locking threats, some applications have features for data recovery in the system. In some cases, Data Recovery Pro can also help to recover at least some portion of your data after data-locking virus infection or general cyber infection.