What is Babylon Toolbar?
Babylon Toolbar is a web browser add-on that is promoted as a very useful tool that is capable of improving people's browsing experience. According to its description, this program allows you to get quick translations and definitions directly from the web browser without a need to search the Internet from them. However, this program is not as peaceful as it may look from the first sight. Beware that it belongs to Babylon Ltd - a company, which also owns such search engines as isearch.babylon.com. So, after installing this toolbar on your computer, you may find out that your start page or the default search engine has been replaced by unknown software. We think that you should avoid Babylon Toolbar and search.babylon.com because no matter how useful they look, they can easily trick you into visiting unknown websites. This is done by altering search results and showing misleading pop-up ads during people's browsing. If you are one of these people whose web browser has been hijacked by Babylon virus, you should scan your computer with SpyHunter or Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus.
HOW CAN BABYLON TOOLBAR hijack MY COMPUTER?
To sum up, Babylon Toolbar is one of these programs that shouldn't be trusted because they can alter the default search engine, the start page and similar system settings. In addition, they may show people altered search results for monetization and other purposes. That's why Babylon toolbar redirects people to various websites..
HOW TO REMOVE Babylon virus?
Babylon Toolbar virus removal is not as easy as you may have thought because it works on all major web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and others. That's why you should not only check your task manager and get rid of this and related applications. You should also fix each of your web browsers. Please, keep in mind that this program may also drop its registry entries to prevent its complete removal from the system, so it may show up on your computer again right after rebooting your machine. In order to avoid this, you should scan your PC with one of these programs that are given in the automatic removal of Babylon Toolbar option.
You can remove Babylon Toolbar automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Babylon Toolbar manual removal
Delete registry values:
Manual Babylon Toolbar Removal GuideQuick menu:
Step 1: Uninstall Babylon Toolbar and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove Babylon Toolbar from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Babylon Toolbar from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Babylon Toolbar or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Babylon Toolbar from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Babylon Toolbar or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Remove Babylon Toolbar from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall Babylon Toolbar from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
Remove Babylon Toolbar from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Babylon Toolbar and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Babylon Toolbar removal.
Remove Babylon Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Babylon Toolbar and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Babylon Toolbar removal.
Remove Babylon Toolbar from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Babylon Toolbar and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Babylon Toolbar removal.
Remove Babylon Toolbar from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Babylon Toolbar or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Babylon Toolbar, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Babylon Toolbar removal process.
Step 4: Complete Babylon Toolbar removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Babylon Toolbar registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Babylon Toolbar
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.