Omiga Plus adware infects systems like a lightning
Omiga Plus is a questionable search engine, which was created by Taiwan Shui Mu Chih Ching Technology. No matter that it looks harmless, you should know that security experts have already labeled it as a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program. Officially, it should help people to organize their desktops and should also help them to hide unused icons. However, there are many PC users who have reported about unexpected discovery of this program on their computers. If you want to avoid this or other potentially unwanted program, you have to be very careful when downloading freeware or shareware to your computer because there are hundreds of applications that have been involved to the distribution of Omiga Plus virus. Please, rely only on Custom or Advanced installation method if you want to prevent infiltration of this and other browser hijacker. If this program manages to infiltrate its target PC system, it may make several modifications on it. For example: it can easily change the start page or default search engine to isearch.omiga-plus.com, start displaying various pop-up ads, slow the work of the system and may also initiate other unwanted activities, such as recording of people's browsing habits. If you know that you have never downloaded this application to your computer, we recommend you to remove Omiga Plus from the system. Otherwise, you may notice many inconveniences that may start interrupting each of your search sessions. For eliminating this hijacker from the system we recommend using when using Reimage.
How this virus can hijack your computer and how to prevent computer from that?
Just like any other suspicious browser add on, extension, toolbar or plugin, Omiga Plus can be downloaded from its official website or other sites that have been involved to its distribution. However, that's not the only method, which is used for its distribution. Beware that it may also show up on your machine after downloading such program as PDF creator, download manager, video recording software, video streaming software or other freeware. This distribution method is quite unfair because users are not clearly warned about additional downloads that will also try to come inside their computer systems. That's why you have to be very careful when downloading freeware and shareware to your computer. In order to avoid Omiga Plus infiltration, you should opt only for Custom or Advanced installation when downloading freeware from the Internet. In addition, uncheck every unknown check box that shows up during installation of your free program and continue your installation process. If Omiga Plus has already appeared on your computer, it might be that it has affected each of your web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc. So, if want to get rid of it, you will have to fix each of these browsers. The easiest way to do that is with a help of a guide that is given below.
Omiga Plus virus removal ways
When you try to eliminate Omiga Plus virus from your computer, you should firstly uninstall this program with all other apps that are related to it. Omiga plus has many executable files which stays on the system, hides and runs in the background. We list many of the filenames below, try to find the and get rid of them. if you see any if the files running in the process list, that mean that this virus is active. We added reset instruction from each of the systems and each of the browsers.
You can remove Omiga Plus automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Omiga Plus manual removal
Step 2. Remove Omiga Plus from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Omiga Plus from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Omiga Plus from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Omiga Plus from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Omiga Plus from Safari
Remove Omiga Plus from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Omiga Plus from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Omiga Plus or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Omiga Plus from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Omiga Plus or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Omiga Plus from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Omiga Plus and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Omiga Plus removal.
Remove Omiga Plus from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Omiga Plus and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Omiga Plus removal.
Remove Omiga Plus from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Omiga Plus and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Omiga Plus removal.
Remove Omiga Plus from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Omiga Plus or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Omiga Plus removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Omiga Plus
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Omiga Plus
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.