Reasons to stay away from Search.findwide.com virus
Search.findwide.com can seem like a regular search tool for people who have never encountered a browser hijacker in their life. Sadly, this vague search tool is actively promoted with a help of a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that is often called Search.findwide.com virus. This PUP is also known under Findwide, FindWide.com Toolbar, and Findwide Search names. When someone installs this program on the system, it quickly alters some browser settings and sets the aforementioned URL as browser’s default start page. Unfortunately, this computer parasite can infiltrate the most popular web browsers – Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Once this trio gets affected, some symptoms of Search.findwide.com hijack can be spotted immediately. Just like we have said, the victim might notice that the browser launches the indicated URL on the startup and then displays the FindWide search engine. On top of that, the hijacker changes the default new tab page preferences, and this change can be noticed easily, too. However, there are some changes that cannot be spotted that easily. This hijacker adds tracking cookies into infected web browser to collect information about user’s browsing sessions and learn more about his or hers browsing activities and personal interests. These non-personal details about the user are used to deliver targeted advertisements, which can appear in pop-up windows or just be hidden between the organic search results powered by the questionable search engine that this hijacker presents.
Even though Find Wide search may appear to be reliable at first, you should better not trust its search results. Be aware that this hijacker has solely been developed for monetization purposes, which means that its main objective is to promote third-party websites, increase their rank in search results, collect users’ clicks, and so on. Therefore, whenever you initiate a search using that site, you may experience redirects to suspicious websites of its affiliates. Sites advertised this way often prove to be unreliable; therefore, by exploring such results, you risk exposing your computer to various cyber threats and ending up with a spyware or malware variant on your PC. Thus, to say at least, Search.findwide.com redirect virus is a useless application that we do not recommend using. The quickest and easiest way to remove Search.findwide.com is to perform a full system scan with a reputable and updated anti-malware, such as ReimageIntego.
How can this program hijack my computer?
Search.findwide.com removal tutorial
Do not waste your time expecting Search.findwide.com virus to get better. You should follow Search.findwide.com removal instructions provided below and delete this pest from the system without any worries. If you cannot remove Search.findwide.com virus manually, send us a question or delete it with automatic malware removal tool.
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Search.findwide.com, follow these steps:
Erase Search.findwide.com from Windows systems
Go to recently installed programs list using guidelines below and uninstall FindWide virus.
To remove Search.findwide.com from Windows 10/8 machines, please follow these steps:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find entries related to Search.findwide.com (or any other recently installed suspicious program).
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
If you are Windows 7/XP user, proceed with the following instructions:
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
Remove Search.findwide.com from Mac OS X system
Look through the system for FindFide app and uninstall it.
If your macOS is displaying some infection symptoms, proceed with the following guide:
Remove Search.findwide.com from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for Search.findwide.com-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove Search.findwide.com, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to Search.findwide.com and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the Search.findwide.com-related entries.
Uninstall Search.findwide.com from Internet Explorer (IE)
Clean the browser from FindWide components using instructions provided below. Be careful!
Remove dangerous add-ons:
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top-right corner of the browser
- Pick Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Search.findwide.com and other suspicious plugins. Click on these entries and select Disable.
Change your homepage if it was altered:
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon.
- Select Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete the Home page address and replace it by your preferred one (for example, Google.com).
- Click Apply and then select OK.
Delete temporary files:
- Press on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Under Browsing history, click Delete…
- Select relevant fields and press Delete.
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Click on Gear icon > Internet options and select Advanced tab.
- Select Reset.
- In the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Search.findwide.com removal.
Get rid of Search.findwide.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
To remove the hijacker from Firefox, complete these additional steps:
1. Go to Firefox Help Menu. Find TroubleShooting information option there and click on it.
2. In the Application Basics panel, find Profile folder and click on Open Folder button that is next to it.
3. Find the user.js file and delete it.
4. Restart Firefox and, if needed, carry out the following instructions then.
Remove dangerous extensions:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the Menu (three horizontal lines at the top-right of the window).
- Select Add-ons.
- In here, select plugins that are related to Search.findwide.com and click Remove.
Clear cookies and site data:
- Click Menu and pick Options.
- Go to Privacy & Security section.
- Scroll down to locate Cookies and Site Data.
- Click on Clear Data…
- Select Cookies and Site Data, as well as Cached Web Content and press Clear.
In case Search.findwide.com did not get removed after following the instructions above, reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click the Menu.
- Go to Help and then choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Under Give Firefox a tune up section, click on Refresh Firefox…
- Once the pop-up shows up, confirm the action by pressing on Refresh Firefox – this should complete Search.findwide.com removal.
Eliminate Search.findwide.com from Google Chrome
Delete preferences and extensions related to FindWide virus. These instructions explain how to do it:
Delete malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Menu (three vertical dots at the top-right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the newly opened window, you will see all the installed extensions. Uninstall all the suspicious plugins that might be related to Search.findwide.com by clicking Remove.
Clear cache and web data from Chrome:
- Click on Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
If the above-methods did not help you, reset Google Chrome to eliminate all the Search.findwide.com-components:
- Click on Menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings, scroll down and click Advanced.
- Scroll down and locate Reset and clean up section.
- Now click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Confirm with Reset settings to complete Search.findwide.com removal.
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Search.findwide.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
Stream videos without limitations, no matter where you are
There are multiple parties that could find out almost anything about you by checking your online activity. While this is highly unlikely, advertisers and tech companies are constantly tracking you online. The first step to privacy should be a secure browser that focuses on tracker reduction to a minimum.
Even if you employ a secure browser, you will not be able to access websites that are restricted due to local government laws or other reasons. In other words, you may not be able to stream Disney+ or US-based Netflix in some countries. To bypass these restrictions, you can employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN, which provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, not slowing you down in the process.
Data backups are important – recover your lost files
Ransomware is one of the biggest threats to personal data. Once it is executed on a machine, it launches a sophisticated encryption algorithm that locks all your files, although it does not destroy them. The most common misconception is that anti-malware software can return files to their previous states. This is not true, however, and data remains locked after the malicious payload is deleted.
While regular data backups are the only secure method to recover your files after a ransomware attack, tools such as Data Recovery Pro can also be effective and restore at least some of your lost data.