What is Bubble Dock?
Bubble Dock is a bogus browser add-on, which can also be called as a potentially unwanted application. In most of the cases, people download it manually but it may also infiltrate computers in a bundle with free downloads. While we can't say what programs have been involved to the distribution of Bubble Dock virus, beware that there are lots of download managers, PDF creators, video streaming software, video recording software and similar suspicious applications that can do that. So, you should stay away from these programs or try to monitor their installation process more carefully. How can you do that? For that you should check the next paragraph or this post. While this program is not a virus and there haven't been found any signals that it could pose harm to personal data that is kept on computer, we think that you should stay away from it as far as you can.
If Bubble Dock adware enters the system, the first thing what it does is system's modification. Typically, it ads its own browser add-on to each of web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and others. In addition, it may alters the start page, the default search engine and the new tab page but it isn't done on each of computers. After hijacking the browser, Bubble Dock may start showing various pop-up ads from affiliate websites. This is an ad-supported plugin, so there is no surprise that each of these ads are set to redirect people to affiliate websites. However, there is no guarantee that you won't be redirected to unknown and suspicious sites. So, no matter that this program is presented as a useful tool that gives people an access to their Facebook or email account, web TV, Youtube videos, shortcuts and apps, Bubble Dock can also alter system settings and display continuous pop-up notifications during your browsing. No matter how trustworthy they look, you should avoid these messages because they may trick you to visit an insecure website. If you want to remove Bubble Dock adware from the system, you can do that with a help of SpyHunter or Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus.
HOW CAN Bubble Dock hijack MY COMPUTER?
We have already mentioned that Bubble Dock can be installed from various download websites. However, it may also show up on your computer after downloading a free application. It can be a download manager, PDF creator, some game and similar program. If you want to avoid such downloads, you should start paying more attention to freeware’s installation process and disagree with these claims that you agree to install Bubble Dock on your computer. For that you should always select Custom or advanced installation option of the freeware. If you have already noticed its ads, you should waste no time and follow these instructions that will help you remove Bubble Dock from the system.
HOW TO REMOVE Bubble Dock virus?
If you noticed continuous ads by Bubble Dock, you should check your computer for this adware. For that we recommend using automatic removal option. If you think that you have enough knowledge about computers and their architecture, you can also follow these steps below. However, this won't help you to make sure that there are no leftovers hiding in your computer that belong to this program:
You can remove Bubble Dock automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Bubble Dock Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Bubble Dock and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Bubble Dock or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Bubble Dock or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall Bubble Dock from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Bubble Dock and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Bubble Dock removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Bubble Dock and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Bubble Dock removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Bubble Dock and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Bubble Dock removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Bubble Dock or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Bubble Dock removal process.
Step 3: Complete Bubble Dock removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Bubble Dock registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Bubble Dock
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.