What is Delta Search?
Delta Search is a search engine that has clearly gone too far. It's obvious that this potentially unwanted program is used by its owners to promote affiliate websites that seek to improve their sales or promote their services. For that, Delta Search may easily try to show you forged search results that may be filled with various links, ads and similar things. After being clicked, these ads may cause annoying redirections to unknown websites that may be filled with really suspicious content. This and many other factors have made security experts to include this program tot the list of browser hijackers and potentially unwanted programs. If you have already noticed that Delta Search has altered some of your computer's settings, such as the default search engine, the bookmarks list or the homepage, yo shouldn't ignore this because you will have to use Delta-search.com or other suspicious search engine every time you open a new tab on IE, Google Chrome, Safari or Mozilla Firefox we browser.
Please, keep in mind that we don't recommend using this search engine for your search sessions because it's a potentially unwanted application that may easily show you forged search results. Most importantly, you must remove Delta Search if you haven't installed it with your knowledge. For that you can use SpyHunter.
UPDATE: People started to inform us about an increased distribution of Delta search virus in the middle of April, 2015. If you have also been tricked into downloading it to your PC system, you should use a guide below and fix your computer. Remember, people who are related to this hijacker have been writing comments in various forums claiming that this program is not related to malware. This is a clear defensive strategy, as delta search uses sneaky distribution techniques to infect computer systems and trick people into visiting affiliate websites. The same engine is used for several parasites on different subdomains: mixidj, visualbee..
HOW CAN DELTA SEARCH hijack MY COMPUTER?
This Virus can be installed with a help of two different methods. You can either download it from its 'official' site manually or you may find it on your computer out of nowhere. This method includes the third party software, which is always packed with such or similar adware. In order to avoid finding Delta Search on your PC out of nowhere, you should always pay attention to each of installation windows of the software. We must say that infection looks very similarly to Yahoo!.. However, it's used to redirect people to delta-search.com and then return forged search results for them. If you want to avoid discovering delta-search.com instead your homepage or search engine and you don't want to receive its misleading pop-up ads, you must remove Delta Search from the system.
DELTA SEARCH VARIATIONS:
Delta Search virus: This virus is one of Delta Search variations causing browser's redirections to delta-search.com malicious search engine. As a result, the owners of this website get ability to return altered search results and make people visit related websites. In most of the cases, this virus infiltrates computers in a bundle with freeware and shareware, but it may also be caused by malware, such as rogue anti-spyware or ransomware. If you think that your PC may be infected with Delta Search virus, you should check your PC for this infection.
Delta-search.com redirect: Delta-search.com redirect is the issue, which is usually caused by Delta Search virus. It starts manifesting when virus infiltrates the PC and alters the part of computer's settings. In most of the cases, it affects start page. default search engine and new tab page, so it can hardly be missed or mixed with other infection. We highly recommend scanning computer with updated anti-spyware when suffering from Delta-search.com redirect.
yhs.delta-search.com: This search engine is a clear copy of Delta-search.com, which has been causing various problems. It seems that scammers have altered its address in order to trick more PC users, who have already been notified about issues that can be caused by this unfair search engine. We highly recommend staying away from yhs.delta-search.com because it returns forged search results that may redirect users to infected websites just like its previous variant.
mixidj.delta-search.com: Mixidj.delta-search.com is the mostly-spread variation of Delta Search virus, which uses a slightly altered address but acts identically as previously released variants of this virus. It can appear on each of your web browsers after downloading freeware and shareware, so be very careful when letting such program inside your machine. The clearest sign, notifying that your machine is infected with this redirect virus, is discovering this site instead of your start page and default search engine.
visualbee.delta-search.com: This search site belongs to the category of potentially malicious websites and is closely related to Delta Search. It is typically used to increase visitors traffic to specific domains, so you should be aware that it may return altered search results and show annoying pop-up advertisements. If you want to avoid this DeltaSearch-related website, you should be very careful when downloading freeware on your computer. If you noticed visualbee.delta-search.com on your PC, you should remove it without a delay.
HOW TO REMOVE DELTA SEARCH virus?
When trying to remove Delta Search virus from the system, you should download a reputable anti-spyware, update it and run a full system scan. If you really need to use a manual removal guide, make sure you remove these entries: Delta Chrome Toolbar, Delta toolbar, Yontoo, Browser Protect and Mixi.DJ. Additionally, remove Delta Search from your browsers. For more information about removal of this potentially unwanted program, follow these steps:
You can remove Delta Search automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Delta Search Removal GuideQuick menu:
Step 1: Uninstall Delta Search and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove Delta Search from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Delta Search from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Delta Search or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Delta Search from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Delta Search or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Remove Delta Search from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall Delta Search from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
Remove Delta Search from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Delta Search and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Delta Search removal.
Remove Delta Search from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Delta Search and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Delta Search removal.
Remove Delta Search from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Delta Search and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Delta Search removal.
Remove Delta Search from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Delta Search or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Delta Search, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Delta Search removal process.
Step 4: Complete Delta Search removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Delta Search registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Delta Search
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.