What is Feed.helpbar.com?
Feed.helpbar.com is a browser hijacker, which may cause redirects to unknown websites, slow downs, annoying pop-up ads and even tracking of your browsing habits. So, it can't be called a trustworthy search engine that can be used for searching the web and should be avoided no matter what. The main reason why this page has been included to the category of browser hijacker is very simple: the most of its visitors have discovered it instead of their start page and the default search engine without even downloading it to the system. That's because this search engine has been spread with a help of freewares and sharewares as an optional component. In addition, it has been causing redirects to its affiliate websites and continuous pop-up ads during people's search sessions by showing them corrupted search results. Please, do NOT click on these search results because you can never know what is promoted by Feed.helpbar.com. In addition, do NOT ignore changes of your start page and the default search engine because they are showing you the fact that your computer is affected by browser hijacker. No matter that such programs are not considered malicious, they should be avoided because of their suspicious activities that have already been mentioned here.
As you can see, you shouldn't leave feed.helpbar.com instead of your homepage and the default search engine. While the most of these programs tend to affect only one specific browser, this one has ability to get on all browsers that are installed on user's computer, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and others. That's why you should think about automatic removal of Feed.helpbar.com. We highly recommend you to try SpyHunter, which has been showing great results when detecting browser hijackers and removing them from the system. Note that manual removal ofSpyHunter, browser hijacker may be complicated because it may try to use helper objects in order to prevent its removal from your computer.
How can Feed.helpbar.com hijack my computer?
Feed.helpbar.com redirect virus and similar browser hijackers can easily get inside the system through its backdoors. As soon as it sneaks inside, it alters computer's settings and starts its annoying activity. When trying to search the web or enter a website, feed.helpbar.com will only show up. That becomes really annoying after some time. Most of its victims still ignore such activity, but you should never do that. The main reason why we recommend this is that you may be redirected to malicious website, which is used to spread malware. In order to remove feed.helpbar.com redirect virus, follow the guide which is given below:
HOW to remove Feed.helpbar.com?
In order to stop redirects to feed.helpbar.com or other unknown websites, you should either run a full system scan with updated anti-malware program, or use a step-by-step guide that is given down below. Please, be really careful when performing steps that are given below if you want to fix your start page and the default search engine without having to deal with that again right after rebooting your computer.
You can remove Feed.helpbar.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Feed.helpbar.com Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Feed.helpbar.com and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Feed.helpbar.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Feed.helpbar.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall Feed.helpbar.com from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Feed.helpbar.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Feed.helpbar.com removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Feed.helpbar.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Feed.helpbar.com removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Feed.helpbar.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Feed.helpbar.com removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Feed.helpbar.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Feed.helpbar.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Feed.helpbar.com removal process.
Step 4: Complete Feed.helpbar.com removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Feed.helpbar.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.