What is LinkSwift?
LinkSwift is a potentially unwanted application or, in other words, an adware, which may cause tons of pop-up ads, in-text links, banner ads and similar notifications during your browsing. They are typically filled with information about discounts, prices, coupons and similar things that could make people think that this is a great opportunity to save some money. Unfortunately but here we will have to disappoint you. We haven't managed to find a person who saved a dollar with a help of LinkSwift ads. Even more, after clicking a link that is usually incorporated into the ad, victims may be redirected to unknown, unsafe and very suspicious websites that seek the only thing - to increase their page rank or sales. So, you can't be sure that this program seeks to help you in saving the money because it seeks only to help its developers to earn the money from advertising. If you don't want to run into LinkSwift redirects and similar issues, you should avoid its ads and also remove this adware-type program from the system. In addition, you should keep in your mind that this program may also lead you to privacy related issues because it may start tracking your browsing on the Internet and may collect such things as your mostly visited websites or details that you enter when visiting them. No matter that such data is called as personally non-identifiable, you should keep it for yourself. Beware that LinkSwift adware is compatible with all main Internet browsers, so it may show you its ads no matter which browser you use. If you are annoyed by its commercial notifications, that mostly are filled with doubtful information, you should remove LinkSwift from the system without any delay. For that you can use such programs as SpyHunter (Windows OS) or Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (Mac OS X).
HOW CAN LinkSwift hijack my COMPUTER?
LinkSwift is mostly spread using unfair distribution methods that rely on freeware and shareware. Beware that you can prevent infiltration of this or other free addition by monitoring freeware's installation process and unchecking all check boxes that warn about such downloads or system's changes. As soon as it gets in, adware adds its own add-on to all browsers that are installed on the system, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and other browsers. After that, it starts showing its adds that notify 'Powered by LinkSwift'. If you have negative associations of this program and you want to get rid of Powered Ads, you should remove LinkSwift from your computer. For that, use this guide:
HOW TO REMOVE LinkSwift virus?
If you want to get rid of LinkSwift ads, that may be labeled as 'ads by LinkSwift', 'brought to you by LinkSwift', 'by Link Swift' and so on, you should run a full system scan with updated anti-spyware and get rid of malicious files. Of course, you can also use our manual removal guide which is given below. However, you should be very careful when performing steps that are given there because you may remove wrong applications that may be needed to a normal functionality of your computer.
You can remove LinkSwift automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual LinkSwift Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall LinkSwift and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for LinkSwift or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for LinkSwift or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall LinkSwift from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for LinkSwift and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete LinkSwift removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select LinkSwift and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete LinkSwift removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select LinkSwift and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete LinkSwift removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for LinkSwift or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete LinkSwift removal process.
Step 3: Complete LinkSwift removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of LinkSwift registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of LinkSwift
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.